Sample Society: June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I decided to go ahead and start a new thread for June boxes, since it seems we have been using the same one since the March launch. 

I think they have started charging accounts for June, and June boxes should start mailing out on June 1st. 

My account was charged today and reflects on my account page for Sample Society and my bank. Yay! 

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup, just checked my credit card, it's pending. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Love Sample Society!
Me, too! Since they mail on the 1st of each month, it usually takes up to two business weeks to get to me...because I live on the West Coast. So my dashboard is active, before I get my products lol and everyone's posting their boxes and already reviewing them. That's still okay for me, because I just love coming home and finding packages waiting for me!

hmm if this box isn't that great, it'll be my last--after the premier box, nothing really wowed me. the last box especially, I had no use for any of the products.

I get tween stuff in Myglam and mature products (perfumes, wrinkle cream) in Sample Society--where's everything in between? lol

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hmm if this box isn't that great, it'll be my last--after the premier box, nothing really wowed me. the last box especially, I had no use for any of the products.

I get tween stuff in Myglam and mature products (perfumes, wrinkle cream) in Sample Society--where's everything in between? lol
You don't have to be "old" to use the wrinkle products, it seems lots of younger people use them for preventative reasons. Plus, all the anti-aging stuff is popular and hyped up. Perfume is universal, anyone at any age can enjoy it..maybe just not the specific samples we get lol.

Are they like Birchbox where you get a 'welcome' box when you're new or do you get the same like everyone else? This is my first box from them. Anyhow, my account also shows that it was shipped and should arrive Friday.

Those that have been w/ them a little while, do you like them thus far? I know they kind of just launched.

Everyone gets the same box with Sample Society. There are no welcome boxes like with BB.

I like it ok but I am considering dropping this one. The first box was great and the April box was pretty good, but last month's box was not. I think ppl are saying there will be a lipstick/gloss in this months box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by lovesmakeup2012 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are they like Birchbox where you get a 'welcome' box when you're new or do you get the same like everyone else? This is my first box from them. Anyhow, my account also shows that it was shipped and should arrive Friday.

Those that have been w/ them a little while, do you like them thus far? I know they kind of just launched.
I've been a subscriber since they launched, and I really enjoy this box. They tend to have great brands and truly deluxe sizes, rather than packets. I can see how people might think of this box as more "mature", since they've sent out some very expensive skin care, anti-aging and perfume, and not that much make-up. (I, for one, love expensive skin care, so that's all fine with me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.) It seems like they are listening to The People, though, and starting to include more make-up type items. Since this service is fairly new, it's still too soon to tell what they will "typically" send. And there was only one item in last month's box that I really disliked (the Colorscience powder puff). Otherwise, most of the samples I am using and liking and have been pleasant surprises.

I really hope this will be a great box, and I guess we'll all know before the week is over.

Originally Posted by lovesmakeup2012 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My account made it look like it would be here on Friday too, but once I looked closer at my account it looked more like it's shipping Friday and gave me an est arrival of Wed June 6th. I'm excited! My first box too!

Originally Posted by MandyLu13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My account made it look like it would be here on Friday too, but once I looked closer at my account it looked more like it's shipping Friday and gave me an est arrival of Wed June 6th. I'm excited! My first box too!
I just looked and my est. delivery date is Tues, June 5th. Not to far out so I am excited! I am kind of glad all my sample boxes are kind of staggered between shipping dates.

Has anyone been able to find the June booklet online yet? Curious about what'll be in this one... Was kind of meh about last months box, so I'm hoping this one will be as good as the first two :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

FWIW- I think this is a great sample company. I am SO sick of hearing girls whining about wanting makeup in these bags/ boxes and then when they get it they complain that it's not a color they will use/ something that they already have/ something that they hate. If people want a full size makeup product in a color they love- Go out and buy it and stop slamming these companies when they don't send it to you.  

Um... End rant.

Originally Posted by sprite9034 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone been able to find the June booklet online yet? Curious about what'll be in this one... Was kind of meh about last months box, so I'm hoping this one will be as good as the first two :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

FWIW- I think this is a great sample company. I am SO sick of hearing girls whining about wanting makeup in these bags/ boxes and then when they get it they complain that it's not a color they will use/ something that they already have/ something that they hate. If people want a full size makeup product in a color they love- Go out and buy it and stop slamming these companies when they don't send it to you.  

Um... End rant.

Ditto!! I feel the same way... some people are just not going to be satisfied; if there was a sub that catered only to makeup, there'd be customers upset about the premium cost  or colors/products being received..can't win either way and the grass always looks greener on the other side!

As far as the June booklet, someone last month was able to do a sneak peek and link to June's booklet while previewing May's - does that make sense? For June, looks like we're getting a lip product, fragrance, and hair spray product from the old posts.

TOTALLY love Sample Society! I have bought many of the full sized products from them.
IMO, Sample Society and Glossybox are the 2 best beauty sample boxes around..

What do the rest of you think? Do you kind of " rate" your boxes as to quality of items, etc? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've really liked their boxes and feel like yes, they do cater to higher end skin care..but I love that! Am a huge fan of Boscia and use that in conjunction with my Purity Made Simple cleansers.. I've enjoyed my boxes so far.. even the puff! Lol, used that on a night on the town to look all cute and shimmery on my arms, back and my hair!

Latest posts

Back