Sample Society: August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One week till shipping! 
heart.gif

Wow, this month went by fast. It feels like I just got the july box not too long ago.

This will be my third, and likely last, box. I have enjoyed the products, but none of them blew my socks off. For $15 a month, I'd rather go buy myself one truly deluxe sample at the Sephora or ULTA checkout every month, of a product I really want to try. Anybody know what date SS bills on, so I know when to cancel?

Originally Posted by StillPooh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This will be my third, and likely last, box. I have enjoyed the products, but none of them blew my socks off. For $15 a month, I'd rather go buy myself one truly deluxe sample at the Sephora or ULTA checkout every month, of a product I really want to try.

Anybody know what date SS bills on, so I know when to cancel?
I just cancelled last night and I think it was effective immediately.  This was supposed to be my third box too and I wasn't blown away from the products ,considering it was the most expensive one that I sub to.  However, I was able to keep the allure magazine sub for the rest of the year!

I was considering letting this box go to cut back on subs, but Kara's Way cancelled themselves....so I'll keep it for a few more months lol!

I canceled today, too. I have received two boxes and didn't really care for any of the contents of either, with the exception of the Jane Iredale lipstick. I am sure because I canceled this month will be awesome, though haha!

last month was my first box and i wasn't blown away.  then i got my first Allure mag and that was seriously lacking in any kind of interesting content.  i'll give this one another 2 months (this month and September) and if i'm not super excited after that, i'll cancel.  i've got BB, GB (which i will cancel after my 6mo sub is up unless they make some SIGNIFICANT improvements) and NewBeauty TT which is really more than enough.

Lol, there seems to be a lot of burn out regarding subs. I still am subbed to SS, so it'll be interesting to see what comes in August.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, there seems to be a lot of burn out regarding subs. I still am subbed to SS, so it'll be interesting to see what comes in August.
So true.  I was super into multiple subs a few months back but then I started to realize I had more samples than I knew what to do with and less $ to actually buy full sized products I enjoyed. 

SS and BB are the only two I still have.  I love SS because of $15 coupon - especially since I use soap.com and wag.com regularly.  If I order $50 worth of items, I then try to find something worth $15 the SS coupon works for as a little added bonus.  :)

I was charged for August at about 3 am last night. They released "hints" on FB but I can't really see anything.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was charged for August at about 3 am last night. They released "hints" on FB but I can't really see anything.
I saw the hint on FB.  Not even vaguely helpful.  Guess we'll just have to wait...LOL.  Their shipping is so great (helps to be owned by Amazon, I supposed) so we'll be getting those boxes next week.

Because I am a dork I went and looked at the pending order and found the August BBSS icon. I didn't want to post it since it is their property but if you have the August order pending you can find it towards the bottom in the order summary. It is tiny but of course now I am speculating on all sorts of possibilities. What the living daylights is the yellow thing?

Because I am a dork I went and looked at the pending order and found the August BBSS icon. I didn't want to post it since it is their property but if you have the August order pending you can find it towards the bottom in the order summary. It is tiny but of course now I am speculating on all sorts of possibilities. What the living daylights is the yellow thing?
Interesting!!

Of course, I had to go check it out.

The first banner on the Beautybar.com site is of sun products that have that yellow-y color:  Dermalogica, Philosophy, Nature Bisse.  Any of them would be cool, but I'd guess it's the Philosophy Here Comes the Sun.

I have been subscribed since they opened, my first box was March and I have always been charged 15.00 well the pending charge on my account today is 16.23. This was going to be my last month anyway, but now it definitely will be. This is my bday month, so I am hoping for a really great box! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@AngeBrooklyn... actually that is exactly what it looks like. I'm so curious but I guess the dashboards will update in a few days. It's so much fun to hunt though haha

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been subscribed since they opened, my first box was March and I have always been charged 15.00 well the pending charge on my account today is 16.23. This was going to be my last month anyway, but now it definitely will be. This is my bday month, so I am hoping for a really great box!
smile.gif
Mine went up to $16.24...

Mine has always been $16.11. I live in NY, which is one of the states for which beauty bar charges tax. Maybe they have started charging tax in your state?

Originally Posted by azurekitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine has always been $16.11. I live in NY, which is one of the states for which beauty bar charges tax. Maybe they have started charging tax in your state?
yes, they did 

Latest posts

Back