Sample Society: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This just showed up on FB:

With: "Our lips are sealed about November's Sample Society box, but here's a little hint..."

Oooo... plus they just sent an email about hottest lippie shades. I hope it's a chubby stick or actual lip stick, although I know some ladies are getting sick of lippie products lol.

I'm up for lippie anything as long as it's not more pale pink lip gloss- I know they're great to send as a sample because they're pretty universally flattering, but I have roughly a bajillion already ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think some reds would be adventurous and on point for fall/winter trends..I'm not a red fan usually, but am trying to actually be more adventurous and use my samples lol. At least some...we shall see!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oooo... plus they just sent an email about hottest lippie shades. I hope it's a chubby stick or actual lip stick, although I know some ladies are getting sick of lippie products lol.
Totally lip producted out right now! I haven't gotten a box in months that didn't have a gloss or lipstick in it!

Oh la love Reds!
heart.gif

I am new to subs (Oct was my first month for some, second for others) so I don't mind a lip gloss or lip stick as long as its not a tiny sample! I was a little torn about my October SS and wasn't sure I was going to keep my sub (especially since it looks like they are not refunding me for allure, which I really didn't want...) but if they are going to be giving a deluxe or full size lip product I might have to stay another month :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks for the heads-up!

I cancelled SS temporarily because quite honestly I'm all sampled out for now. I'm going to give myself (and my bank account) a break for a couple months, but I still can't wait to see what everyone else will be getting! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just signed up today after being very underwhelmed by BB. First box due November.... Hope it's a good one!

Getting excited!  Wasn't completely thrilled with last month's samples, but I ended up really liking the shampoo so it wasn't a total wash!  Still not sure what I'm supposed to be doing with that EL balm.  LOL  Oh well...

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Getting excited!  Wasn't completely thrilled with last month's samples, but I ended up really liking the shampoo so it wasn't a total wash!  Still not sure what I'm supposed to be doing with that EL balm.  LOL  Oh well...
I gave the EL balm to my husband and he uses it on his psoriasis. From what I understand, you can put it on blemishes, cuts, scrapes, dry patches... anything that would benefit from a balm. 

My hands get dry and cracked a lot (no matter how much moisturizer I use), and I put the EL balm on the cracked parts and the next morning they were sooooo much better!  Best product I have ever put on my poor hands.  However at over $200, there is no way I could afford or even justify purchasing the full size. 

Who else is excited about SS doing the beauty profile??

Can't wait to see if we actually start getting individualized boxes!

Originally Posted by sprite9034 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Who else is excited about SS doing the beauty profile??

Can't wait to see if we actually start getting individualized boxes!
Only if it means that it matches to skin tone, type and other criteria. Birchbox is supposed to be tailored to a profile, and I've received a "tan" item when I"m pale pale pale. 

But maybe SS will know how to do it right. 
11.gif

I just can't find Sample Society on Facebook...what is there's facebook link? Or if that's not allowed, what is the name of their page? I've tried Sample Society and Beauty Bar.

Latest posts

Back