QOTD April 25, 2013: What was the best birthday gift you have been given?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Me, nothing comes to mind. I never ask for anything of anyone, so in the end, I honestly can't even remember the last gift I got. Only like... a few icecream cakes every so and so years. x:

The best BD gift i ever got was in 2011 from my ex, and her birthday was 2 days after mine, so we decided to celebrated them together... It was a spontaneous role-play scenario that blended into what we both wanted, and that's all I dare say here...

I don't know about best, but my favorites have been a pink camera that I got a few years ago and still use, or a pink iPod that I don't use anymore since I got a free iPod touch from my bank and an android phone that replaced that. My boyfriend has bought me a ton of Tiffany jewelry, but I rarely wear any of it.. 

My best gift ever received though is my dog. I got him as an early v-day present in 2007. 
sheep.gif

Lol, how funny that this QOTD fell on my birthday! I dated a guy who worked out of state and for 2-3 months at a time. I think I was turning 22 at the time. . Anyways, he had a sibling buy me a beautiful bouquet of roses with the exact number of flowers I was turning, some decadent chocolates and a huge basket of bath and beauty products and a ginormous pink teddy bear. All of this delivered at work. . Embarrassing, but cute and wouldn't you know he surprised me by coming home early? I was a happy and satisfied birthday girl that day!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, how funny that this QOTD fell on my birthday!

I dated a guy who worked out of state and for 2-3 months at a time. I think I was turning 22 at the time. . Anyways, he had a sibling buy me a beautiful bouquet of roses with the exact number of flowers I was turning, some decadent chocolates and a huge basket of bath and beauty products and a ginormous pink teddy bear. All of this delivered at work. . Embarrassing, but cute and wouldn't you know he surprised me by coming home early? I was a happy and satisfied birthday girl that day!

Well, April 25th is my Birthday, it is yours too? Best day ever, I am sure you can agree then. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My best birthday present was for my last birthday in October. I live across the country from my family, and I just lost my mom about a year and a half ago (second birthday without her). This last birthday was kind of a milestone birthday (30, gasp), and my dad, grandma, and sister surprised me by flying in and showing up at a birthday party my husband threw for me. I was shocked when I walked through the door and saw them there. I miss them so much, so it was an awesome day. I barely remember the actual physical gifts people give me, but the great memories from birthdays really stick with me. That's not to say that I don't appreciate the gifts, but the time I get to spend with friends and family is so much more fulfilling. 

Happy belated birthday, Yukiko and MissLindaJean!

I lied.. My boyfriend bought me a 1967 Schwinn Hollywood today for an early birthday present. I posted it in the recent purchases thread but I'll post it here too because it is awesome and I'm so happy about it. I'm going to wait until it cools down a bit (it already reached 100F here) to ride it tonight, but I did test drive it earlier.

Happy belated birthday, Yukiko and MissLindaJean! I lied.. My boyfriend bought me a 1967 Schwinn Hollywood today for an early birthday present. I posted it in the recent purchases thread but I'll post it here too because it is awesome and I'm so happy about it. I'm going to wait until it cools down a bit (it already reached 100F here) to ride it tonight, but I did test drive it earlier.
Thanks! Love that bike! I had one, with a crazy big banana seat as a kid.. or something similar to it. Had to bedazzle the wheels with those clinky neon thingsnon the spokes? Can't remember what they are called. . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

3 years ago my parents gave me a Canon SLR camera as a Birthday present and I've been using it ever since.

It was an awesome gift not because it's was expensive, but because I found a new and exciting hobby - photography :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Happy belated birthday, Yukiko and MissLindaJean!

I lied.. My boyfriend bought me a 1967 Schwinn Hollywood today for an early birthday present. I posted it in the recent purchases thread but I'll post it here too because it is awesome and I'm so happy about it. I'm going to wait until it cools down a bit (it already reached 100F here) to ride it tonight, but I did test drive it earlier.

Thanks Amber! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That bike looks so old school, therefore, it's awesome. c: Kinda wish I had it, lol. I need to bike again. ):

About 6 years ago my parents who have not been married for 14 years 3 way called me to wish me  a happy birthday. To me that was the best gift ever, hearing both of them early in the morning.

Back