How can I get rid of my dry skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As winters leave, people with dry skin rejoice as no more application of cold winter creams, no flaky and itchy skin. But remember, in summers too one needs to take care of the dry skin. But of course, you need something lighter; so no cold winter creams and no heavy mustard or sesame oils. I have dry skin, I can somehow manage during winters, but I really suffer in summer. My friend suggested me to apply coconut milk oil to my skin. Do you think my skin will look better by doing this? Won't that look too oily? Waiting for your suggestions! 

Yes, follow your friends suggestion it works good. I usually mix honey, almond oil and rose oil and blend them well and apply to my face. It really brings glow to my face. This face mask is very good for dull and dry skin.

I have terribly sensitive skin that flakes at the drop of a hat if I don't take care of it with caution. I actually had a bout of aggressive dryness this past winter which carried a faceful of acne and irritation, plus tripled sensitivity. What I found that helped me was Eucerin 'plus intensive repair' body lotion. Just pat it all over the spots that are dry or extra sensitive and let it sit. I'd apply it at night and then wash it off with a gentle cleanser in the morning because otherwise, it was very sticky and uncomfortable. Another thing that helped was Avon's Moisture Therapy Intensive Healing and Repair Ointment. I did the same with this as I did with the Eucerin. The gentle cleanser I mentioned before is called 'Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Foam Wash: formulated for acne-prone skin' and the lotion I bought with it is 'Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer: with sunscreen, formulated for acne prone skin'. These are very expensive, but I only had to use them for a little while to regain my past strength.What I did was use the Eucerin and Avon lotion until the dryness had cleared and then I used the Cetaphil to combat the sensitivity. My skin is as good as new now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope I helped :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Heaters are a miracle in winter but our skin really does suffer!!

I mix a "turn-around" serum with a calendula moisturiser during the colder months.

MUSQ cosmetics provide very natural but effective products!

you can get rid of dry skin with The Sea Moisturizer by Schutzengelein

similiar to creme de la mer

Hiiii friend!!!!
See dry skin is very common problem in the cold winter months but as you are telling that your skin becomes dry, itch or flake so it should doesn't be....
So,my advice to you is that you should use Vaseline; I know, Vaseline isn't really the high-end pampering product you might want to buy, but Vaseline can be used as a skin-saver for dry skin in the winter months. There are so many people who are using Vaseline in winters and they are happy with their moisturized skin.....

Originally Posted by Renita Ghosh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As winters leave, people with dry skin rejoice as no more application of cold winter creams, no flaky and itchy skin. But remember, in summers too one needs to take care of the dry skin. But of course, you need something lighter; so no cold winter creams and no heavy mustard or sesame oils. I have dry skin, I can somehow manage during winters, but I really suffer in summer. My friend suggested me to apply coconut milk oil to my skin. Do you think my skin will look better by doing this? Won't that look too oily? Waiting for your suggestions! 
Yes, I think this will definitely work. On other hand treating the dry summer skin is starts with knowing how to retain the oils on your skin. Whether you have dry skin in a few spots or excessive scaling.The best and simple way to maintain your skin is to take care of it daily and properly with natural means.The coconut oil is the natural medicine for the skin. Using honey is also best for the dry skin. Honey on dry skin helps in removing dead skin cells and catalysing new cells. I hope it will helpful to you.

Thanks all for your suggestions. I find cetaphil's smell too clinical and disgusting. Vaseline i use but only in summer. Now I have found a great product by parachute; parachute summer fresh body lotion which has coconut milk to keep the skin nourished; mint extracts to keep the skin cool and fragrant and double sunscreen to protect from harmful UV rays. For face, I will try using almond oil.

You can try milk as a home remedy which is very good for dry skin, It easyly Moisturize your skin and smoothing.

Latest posts

Back