Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kitnmitns

Yuzen Summer 2013 Box

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by jpark107 View Post

 

 

The Kahina spa set is a limited edition set that includes:

-Bag measures 6 1/4″ x 6″

-Argan Oil 30ml

-Antioxidant Mask 50ml

-Eye Cream 12ml

It's normally $145, but it was on clearance at opensky for $36. Clearly I had to get it since I was 'saving' over $100! wink.gif  I just ordered it a couple days ago, so I should receive it within the next week or so. I wrote a post on the clearance Kahina items on MUT and another MUT user was able to snag one before it sold out! http://www.makeuptalk.com/t/136388/kahina-giving-beauty-clearance-on-opensky-limited-quantities

 

I'm excited to hear your review on the May Lindstrom items. I also bought the Suki skincare set from Birchbox (haven't tried it out yet because I'm currently in a L'oreal skincare study)!  smile.gif

Holy Cow that's such an amazing deal! Didn't even know what OpenSky is until today. I feel like peeing in my pants for missing these deals. sadno.gif Oh well maybe another time! So happy you got an amazing deal. I've used the antioxidant mask and likes it quite a bit. Have some argan oil samples but haven't used them yet! Let me know how you like the set. 

 

I have so many unopened skincare sets (Dr. Hauschka, Dr. Alkaitis, some Mario Badescu samples in a set (got free for taking a survey), and now May Lindstrom and Suki on its way) and I still don't feel satiated...arrgghhh. I am using Tatcha most regularly though. If I wait until I'm done with Tatcha, it will probably take me another 4-6 months before I move on to something else. Do you wait until you completely use up something? It's so difficult to stick to just one item at a time. LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by ruhimaach View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark107 View Post

 

 

The Kahina spa set is a limited edition set that includes:

-Bag measures 6 1/4″ x 6″

-Argan Oil 30ml

-Antioxidant Mask 50ml

-Eye Cream 12ml

It's normally $145, but it was on clearance at opensky for $36. Clearly I had to get it since I was 'saving' over $100! wink.gif  I just ordered it a couple days ago, so I should receive it within the next week or so. I wrote a post on the clearance Kahina items on MUT and another MUT user was able to snag one before it sold out! http://www.makeuptalk.com/t/136388/kahina-giving-beauty-clearance-on-opensky-limited-quantities

 

I'm excited to hear your review on the May Lindstrom items. I also bought the Suki skincare set from Birchbox (haven't tried it out yet because I'm currently in a L'oreal skincare study)!  smile.gif

Holy Cow that's such an amazing deal! Didn't even know what OpenSky is until today. I feel like peeing in my pants for missing these deals. sadno.gif Oh well maybe another time! So happy you got an amazing deal. I've used the antioxidant mask and likes it quite a bit. Have some argan oil samples but haven't used them yet! Let me know how you like the set. 

 

I have so many unopened skincare sets (Dr. Hauschka, Dr. Alkaitis, some Mario Badescu samples in a set (got free for taking a survey), and now May Lindstrom and Suki on its way) and I still don't feel satiated...arrgghhh. I am using Tatcha most regularly though. If I wait until I'm done with Tatcha, it will probably take me another 4-6 months before I move on to something else. Do you wait until you completely use up something? It's so difficult to stick to just one item at a time. LOL.

 

I actually almost dropped my phone when I saw the opensky deal in my e-mail - I couldn't believe that it was so heavily discounted! I debated about whether or not I should buy it...but I'm a sucker for facial masks and amazing discounts, so I felt compelled to buy the Kahina set.

 

FYI - Kahina products are currently ~50% off on myhabit! I just bought the brightening serum for less than $40 with tax (normally $72) - again, I'm a sucker for discounts.

 

If I love something (ex. Vasanti brighten up exfoliator), then I'll wait until I completely use it up. I usually jump around a lot between my products because I haven't found many 'holy grail' items. Also, I rotate products around the change in seasons (ex. lighter moisturizers in the summer and heavier creams in the winter). However, if it's a 'natural/organic' product, then I make sure that I don't open it until I know that I'll use it for a while because I'm worried that the product will 'go bad'. I have the Suki set and some Eminence products that are just waiting to be opened...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jpark107 View Post

 

 

I actually almost dropped my phone when I saw the opensky deal in my e-mail - I couldn't believe that it was so heavily discounted! I debated about whether or not I should buy it...but I'm a sucker for facial masks and amazing discounts, so I felt compelled to buy the Kahina set.

 

FYI - Kahina products are currently ~50% off on myhabit! I just bought the brightening serum for less than $40 with tax (normally $72) - again, I'm a sucker for discounts.

 

If I love something (ex. Vasanti brighten up exfoliator), then I'll wait until I completely use it up. I usually jump around a lot between my products because I haven't found many 'holy grail' items. Also, I rotate products around the change in seasons (ex. lighter moisturizers in the summer and heavier creams in the winter). However, if it's a 'natural/organic' product, then I make sure that I don't open it until I know that I'll use it for a while because I'm worried that the product will 'go bad'. I have the Suki set and some Eminence products that are just waiting to be opened...

I can imagine smile.gif I would have dropped my phone, tea, coffee etc. as well! Thanks for the heads up on the myhabit discount - another new website you've just introduced me to. I am really tempted to buy the face mask and the brightening serum - Face mask I love after I got to sample it and have heard such awesome things about the serum! I just dropped some serious cash on Yuli this morning....arrrgghh, but I really want these items. Any idea how often Kahina is on discount? 

 

To a large extent, I think Tatcha is really my HG, but now I can't stop looking for my next HG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by ruhimaach View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark107 View Post

 

 

I actually almost dropped my phone when I saw the opensky deal in my e-mail - I couldn't believe that it was so heavily discounted! I debated about whether or not I should buy it...but I'm a sucker for facial masks and amazing discounts, so I felt compelled to buy the Kahina set.

 

FYI - Kahina products are currently ~50% off on myhabit! I just bought the brightening serum for less than $40 with tax (normally $72) - again, I'm a sucker for discounts.

 

If I love something (ex. Vasanti brighten up exfoliator), then I'll wait until I completely use it up. I usually jump around a lot between my products because I haven't found many 'holy grail' items. Also, I rotate products around the change in seasons (ex. lighter moisturizers in the summer and heavier creams in the winter). However, if it's a 'natural/organic' product, then I make sure that I don't open it until I know that I'll use it for a while because I'm worried that the product will 'go bad'. I have the Suki set and some Eminence products that are just waiting to be opened...

I can imagine smile.gif I would have dropped my phone, tea, coffee etc. as well! Thanks for the heads up on the myhabit discount - another new website you've just introduced me to. I am really tempted to buy the face mask and the brightening serum - Face mask I love after I got to sample it and have heard such awesome things about the serum! I just dropped some serious cash on Yuli this morning....arrrgghh, but I really want these items. Any idea how often Kahina is on discount? 

 

To a large extent, I think Tatcha is really my HG, but now I can't stop looking for my next HG

The funny thing is...prior to the 2 sales this week, I don't remember ever seeing Kahina on sale! Perhaps Kahina is trying to engage a larger consumer pool via opensky and myhabit? I have had the Kahina brightening serum on my 'wishlist' for a while now - I've only heard good things about it from green beauty bloggers (GBB). I'm hoping that it'll help fade my hyperpigmentation. 

 

Yuli gets really positive reviews from GBB, so I'm sure you'll love their products!

 

You just reminded me that I have some Tatcha samples that I need to bring out and try...I'll put it in the pile along with the Eminence and Suki products that are 'next'!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jpark107 View Post

 

The funny thing is...prior to the 2 sales this week, I don't remember ever seeing Kahina on sale! Perhaps Kahina is trying to engage a larger consumer pool via opensky and myhabit? I have had the Kahina brightening serum on my 'wishlist' for a while now - I've only heard good things about it from green beauty bloggers (GBB). I'm hoping that it'll help fade my hyperpigmentation. 

 

Yuli gets really positive reviews from GBB, so I'm sure you'll love their products!

 

You just reminded me that I have some Tatcha samples that I need to bring out and try...I'll put it in the pile along with the Eminence and Suki products that are 'next'!

You're probably right - Kahina is definitely one of the more affordable brands compared to other high ends! I ended up buying the mask from myhabit :) Thanks for the heads up. Really tempted to buy the serum as well since I've read such amazing things about it, but I'll probably not get around to using it until I'm done with Tatcha and the 2 Yuli serums I bought this morning. Hopefully they'll be back on sale in a couple of months *fingers crossed*

 

I'm interested in hearing about your Suki experience smile.gif Please blog or IG about it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got this e-mail. Price increase starting with the Fall Box.

 

Dear Yuzen Subscriber,

We hope you are enjoying your summer.

We are writing today to tell you that we must raise our prices.  Starting in August, our subscription and gift box prices will increase to $33. 

We apologize for this necessary increase and sincerely hope the amount will not be a hardship for anyone.  For our small business to survive, we must make this change, but you can be sure that we will still continue to provide value well above our box pricing. 

How will the price change affect my subscription?  Current subscribers will be automatically charged the new price of $33 at the beginning of August before our next box is shipped out between the 5th and 12th of the month.

Will any additional fees be charged when I order a gift box or are charged for my subscription?  No, the new price will include shipping and handling fees.  You will only be charged $33 (and tax if your state rules require it).

What should I do if I cannot pay $33?  We genuinely hope paying $33 four times a year will be affordable for everyone.  If it is not and you need to unsubscribe, please respond to this email or email [email protected] no later than August 1st.

It is not our intention to become a giant subscription box company. Our mission has always been to provide carefully chosen, high quality, nourishing products for our Yuzen community.  We want to continue to discover and share the best of the best with you!!!

We sincerely hope this change does not come as too much of a shock.  If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Best regards,

Jen & Ted

 Yuzen

P.S. We currently have our Favorites Box available for $29.  If you would like to review the contents or purchase a box, please go to: http://www.yuzenbox.com/gift-yuzen-favorites/

 

Not a huge deal as I've been very happy with Yuzen! Well worth the extra $4, especially since it's only once a quarter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My monthly (now quarterly) boxes were $26 a piece.  So the price hike is $7 for me, but I really like Yuzen so I should just cancel Goodies to make up the difference.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by PaulaG View Post

 

My monthly (now quarterly) boxes were $26 a piece.  So the price hike is $7 for me, but I really like Yuzen so I should just cancel Goodies to make up the difference.

 

That's what I've decided to do as well. I have so many food allergies anyway. Not sure why I thought I'd be able to eat most of this stuff. The kids like it though, lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, I couldn't remember how much it was. I guess I just assumed it was the same as the favorites boxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just found about this box a month ago. I was excited to see they had a favorites box. Mine shipped this week. So excited I think I will continue to receive boxes from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, Yuzen is the finest of the subscription boxes.  They are consistent, carefully curated, and the items are top quality.  They have great value for the price of the box.  It is understandable that they have a waiting list.  Please be patient, it is worth the wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Superfish19 View Post

 

I just found about this box a month ago. I was excited to see they had a favorites box. Mine shipped this week. So excited I think I will continue to receive boxes from them.

 

Except I think there is a waiting list for regular boxes. Favorites boxes are first come, first serve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a waiting list. I've been on it since June. I ordered the favorites. Can't wait to get off the waiting list. I meant I would order more once I'm off the waiting list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after looking at past boxes, I decided Yuzen is a must-join for me!  I'm on the waitlist - any idea how long I'll be in purgatory?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received the best of July box. I wish I took a picture of the box before I busted into it. But this is what I got, I felt like it was a good value:

 

 

2 Action  Wipes- Can use these to clean up after a workout

Coola Cucumber Suncreen- Had this is Birchbox and liked it

Cowgirl Desert Recovery Cleanser- Never heard of this brand can't wait to try it- Smells Earthy

Honey Stinger Pomegranate Passion Energy Chews- Like fruit snacks (yummy)

Red Flower Algea Wash and Silk Cream- Never heard of this brand but am always up for something new

Spa Technologies Luminaria Oil- Smells citrusy, will likely use in the winter when my skin is drier or after a day at the beach

I also received some tea- Not a fan of tea but I'm sure I can find someone to use it

 

 

Overall happy, one reason I do these boxes it to try new stuff and let's be honest I like getting mail that is not a bill rolleyes.gif

The packaging was beautiful. Hope I get off the wait list.

I did notice a mistake on the information packet. They have Organic India listed as one of the products I was suppose to receive but it was not in my box. But the information on the Organic India was the exact same as the Red Flower. Not sure if I was suppose to receive something from Oganic India or it was a printing mistake. I emailed them and will see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Meeesha View Post

 

So after looking at past boxes, I decided Yuzen is a must-join for me!  I'm on the waitlist - any idea how long I'll be in purgatory?

 

No idea- I'm in wait-list purgatory too! So to tide myself over, I bought one of the favorites boxes they have out now (I think they haven't sold out yet..)- it was pretty awesome!!

 

It had the same stuff in it that ruhimaach got in her box:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhimaach View Post

 

Here's my box - I am absolutely thrilled of course!

 

400

 

 

I'm totally loving the adorable little jane iredale lip trio & the full size coola sunscreen!  Yuzen is def. worth the price!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI - Juil just put a bunch of their sandals on sale to make way for new merchandise.  I just ordered another pair!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×