QOTD April 27, 2013: If you could go back in time to undo one thing, what would it be?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Asking this question without an answer already for myself.... let's see.

I'd probably undo the shop I took back in vocational school. I took drafting and design, but in the end, it wasn't for me. Obviously, I would have switched over and taken Cosmo if possible, but yep, far too late for that.

Had one more conversation with my mom before she passed. The last conversation did not end well, which is sad.

Oh my.... I am so sorry to hear that.... ):
Don't be sorry! It just so happened we had a slight difference of opinions that day lol. It's just a little stinky because she passed unexpectedly, so there was no coming to grips at first.

Well, I hope you are her were on good enough terms for her to have known no ill or bad intents, thoughts, or desires came out of it, and that you still loved her. ):

1990. LOL Because that was the year I began high school and so I would change the classes I took and taken classes I had no interest in. Would have done other types of sports and do things so differently.

Well, I hope you are her were on good enough terms for her to have known no ill or bad intents, thoughts, or desires came out of it, and that you still loved her. ):
Absolutely!
1990. LOL Because that was the year I began high school and so I would change the classes I took and taken classes I had no interest in. Would have done other types of sports and do things so differently.
I did several clubs and stuff, which is how I ended up traveling as a teen. I went to NYC and performed with a choir at Carnegie Hall, then competed in a competition in Boston, all by the time I was 16. I was more the academic club kid, have up sports when I but high school lol.

Sometimes, in certain situations, you just need to walk away. I wish I would have done that in certain situations, instead of staying in them and going through all of the drama.

High school was only a few years ago for me but I'd definitely be more involved in school than I was. I would take it much more seriously & had more fun instead of skipping class just waiting to get out.

I would not have gone to grad school. Feel like I wasted two years of my life. I'm thankful it was paid for so I didn't waste any money, but yeah...that is something I wish I hadn't felt pressured to do.

HS, I went from a tight knit private school in the city to a even tighter knit K-12 school. I hated it, I got kicked out and just stopped caring about school. I was an overachiever type that was into sports and learning anything new. Here I sit 3 years after I would have graduated still a HS dropout unemployed bum with zero direction in life. I'd also like to change the day my father passed. I was more focused on going to hang out with friends then realize something was up with him, he needed to go to the store but told me to go with my friends we could go another day. That day never came. He called me right after I left and sounded so distant telling me goodbye. Part of me is so happy out of everyone in my family my dad said goodbye to me. I got a phone call later that day at work telling me my dad had passed away. To this day it eats me up I ignored his signs of desperation for my own selfish needs and I wish I had stayed home with him.

A tear was shed for you Heather.... I am so sorry to hear that... I don't blame you. RIP to your father. ):

I would have stayed in my hometown to start college, rather than run off to another town I didn't know anything about.

I would not want to "undo" anything as I feel everything that I did led me to where I am and undoing something could have changed my future.  I do wish I could have gone home when my grandma was in the hospital.  It was not expected that she would pass, so my family said not to come home.  When I got the call I knew she was gone and wished I would have went anyway.

If there's anything I want to undo then that would be to take care more of myself. I have been neglecting taking care of myself and now it has been a big problem for me.

I know it's petty and shallow, but I'd go back to a few years ago and not let myself gain so much freaking weight (ashamed to admit that it's about 50 lbs in 4 years, yikes). Hopefully when I wean myself off of certain medications, it'll be easier to lose weight, since the bulk of that gain happened when trying out new meds.

Definitely would not have spent so much time partying and socializing my first couple of years of college.  I've been in college 8 years now and still no degree. 
icon_eek.gif

I have changed my mind on what I've wanted to be 6 times so that has something to do with it, but still!! I always said I wouldn't be that person who put academics on the back burner and partied, but I was definitely that girl! LOL, oh well.  Lesson learned.

Originally Posted by Emuhlyy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Definitely would not have spent so much time partying and socializing my first couple of years of college.  I've been in college 8 years now and still no degree. 
icon_eek.gif

I have changed my mind on what I've wanted to be 6 times so that has something to do with it, but still!! I always said I wouldn't be that person who put academics on the back burner and partied, but I was definitely that girl! LOL, oh well.  Lesson learned.
Me too! Kind of. I have an AS from a trade school, but the credits don't transfer anywhere so I consider it useless, to me (not knocking trade schools.. it wasn't for me). But I'm a few credits shy of 2 different "real" AS degrees (1 lousy credit for web development and 6 for a general biology I think), and will probably finish them this summer because my baby brother is a few credits shy too and I don't want him to beat me.  
icon_evil.gif

Latest posts

Back