Saving for My Wedding Is So Hard!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ugh, I just realized I spend at least $100 on beauty products each month and $100 on subscription boxes each month. I really need to cut my spending because I have way too much makeup and samples now and if I save $300 a month, for the next year, I will be able to afford my wedding on May 2014! *gasp I have to cut some of these boxes, but I can't decide which one.... Birchbox Sample society Ipsy Lip factory Glossybox Beauty army Goodies Love with food Julep The last five would be easy to cancel because I haven't been liking them. Plus, julep and beauty army allow me to skip. Now as for the top four, I can't decide if I should keep them or cancel. I really don't need anymore samples, but its just so nice to get a package every month from them. Advice please! It would be really hard to let go of birchbox and ipsy just cause they're so cheap. As for buying products, that really must end. I'm also thinking of selling a lot of my full sized items I got from boxes but I don't know how to go about it. I know I could definitely get $200 if I sold them all.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!  

If Ipsy and Birchbox would really be hard to let go, keep them and let go of/skip the rest!  Maybe if you kept a future reward in mind (i.e. after the wedding you can add two more boxes, and just keep checking reviews leading up to your wedding to help you decide which ones to add once you're married) that would help you stick to your goal.

As far as selling your full-size items, you can always create a "for sale" thread on the buy/sell/trade forum here!

Whatever you decide, best of luck!  (And of course, remember that you will *have* to buy the makeup to create your wedding look!  It's all part of the budget!)

Back