• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

theBalm on Hautelook: Friday, May 3

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It might be a little too early to post this(?) But theBalm is back on Hautelook this coming Friday, May 3. It's not showing up on their website yet, but I saw it on my weekly email from Hautelook. Anyone making another theBalm haul? 
laughing.gif

I might be if the deals are good. First time buying during the 50% sale and loved them.

Totally interested in combining shipping costs with someone if the deals and selections are good. Let me know if you are interested. Someone was saying shipping is now 8.95 in another forum.

I might as well.  Got a pretty good haul during the sale but I didn't get to purchase Sexy Mama, which I'm still super into. Does anyone own it and recommend it? 

Ooo yay! I have a $10 credit I've been meaning to use so this will be perfect. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I picked up 3 instains and frat boy during their relaunch but havent tried them yet.

Darn it. I've been anxiously awaiting Balm to come back to Hautelook but this whole week's check is flipping the bill for a mini road trip. It'd be wrong to cancel a trip with someone I haven't seen since Oct. for makeup right? RIGHT!? I actually haven't bought any makeup since the Instains I bought so maybe I can hold strong this week as well.

I think I might check it out! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i dont have anything i really want now but I probably will make a purchase

Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Darn it. I've been anxiously awaiting Balm to come back to Hautelook but this whole week's check is flipping the bill for a mini road trip. It'd be wrong to cancel a trip with someone I haven't seen since Oct. for makeup right? RIGHT!?

I actually haven't bought any makeup since the Instains I bought so maybe I can hold strong this week as well.
yes, friends over makeup, lol

Originally Posted by jenniferrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I might be if the deals are good. First time buying during the 50% sale and loved them.

Totally interested in combining shipping costs with someone if the deals and selections are good. Let me know if you are interested. Someone was saying shipping is now 8.95 in another forum.
It's probably me! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I posted that in another Hautelook thread. I paid $8.95 for the tarte items + the Beauty Bag. But apparently, shipping was again $5.95  the next day?

It feels too soon to make another theBalm haul. I do want Down Boy and the coral nail polish, but it can wait. I'm still gonna check the sale out, and will only make a purchase if I really really want something. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just got my order today. I wish I would've bought more INSTAINs, I only got Swiss Dot bc I bought a bunch of their En Root hair products. Hopefully there will be INSTAINs on HL.

ohhh. i'll check it out for sure but I'm a little balm-ed out. I picked up 2 foundations and got the one instain I wanted from someone where on MUT. I also already have (and loooove) nude tude and balm jovi. I was thinking about getting a full size Mary Lou but I'll *probably* be able to pick it up in a blog sale or if I return one of the foundations I swatched for store credit.

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ohhh. i'll check it out for sure but I'm a little balm-ed out. I picked up 2 foundations and got the one instain I wanted from someone where on MUT. I also already have (and loooove) nude tude and balm jovi. I was thinking about getting a full size Mary Lou but I'll *probably* be able to pick it up in a blog sale or if I return one of the foundations I swatched for store credit.
I'm pretty 'balm-ed out' myself! Their stuff is great, but between the last hautelook sale, the 50% sale and birchbox, I feel like I've just run out of things to pick up by them. 

I might as well.  Got a pretty good haul during the sale but I didn't get to purchase Sexy Mama, which I'm still super into. Does anyone own it and recommend it? 
I own quite a few of their blushes and I love sexy mama. it's really close to Nars orgasm blush. I am obsessed with blush so I have tons and sexy mama is one I reach for often... it's also gorgeous as an eyeshadow!

How did you like their foundation?? What's the coverage & staying power like? I'm a foundation junkie.

Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I own quite a few of their blushes and I love sexy mama. it's really close to Nars orgasm blush. I am obsessed with blush so I have tons and sexy mama is one I reach for often... it's also gorgeous as an eyeshadow!
I think you're talking about Hot Mama blush (which is also one of my favorites!) ... Sexy Mama is a translucent powder

How did you like their foundation?? What's the coverage & staying power like? I'm a foundation junkie.
I really like it! It's on the slightly fuller side of medium but buildable. I use my Coastal Scents bionic flat top and it makes me feel airbrushed. I don't usually wear foundation often but I'm really happy with this one! As for staying power - it Lasted all day with me but I did use primer (and maybe a settin spray?) when I applied it initially. I'm bad with shades (and I'm on a iPhone so I can't see your pic and can't tell if this info will help you lol). The light/medium is perfect on me (MUFE 128) but the medium is much darker and has an orangey tone to it when searched.

I'm pretty 'balm-ed out' myself! Their stuff is great, but between the last hautelook sale, the 50% sale and birchbox, I feel like I've just run out of things to pick up by them. 
Oh, totally. I really have nothing left to get haha. Maybe nail polish? But I hate hate paying for shipping - especially Hautelook shipping!

I really like it! It's on the slightly fuller side of medium but buildable. I use my Coastal Scents bionic flat top and it makes me feel airbrushed. I don't usually wear foundation often but I'm really happy with this one! As for staying power - it Lasted all day with me but I did use primer (and maybe a settin spray?) when I applied it initially.

I'm bad with shades (and I'm on a iPhone so I can't see your pic and can't tell if this info will help you lol). The light/medium is perfect on me (MUFE 128) but the medium is much darker and has an orangey tone to it when searched.
I self-tan so medium is usually good for me (my face is aaaalways lighter than my body from exfoliating so much)... but I may have to take your advice & go with the light/medium if the medium is orange (yuck)... IF I buy anything that is ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by LovelyLush /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I self-tan so medium is usually good for me (my face is aaaalways lighter than my body from exfoliating so much)... but I may have to take your advice & go with the light/medium if the medium is orange (yuck)... IF I buy anything that is ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for the info!
For reference, I have the medium and its a pretty good match for me. I'm about a MAC nc40-42. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by latinafeminista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After seeing photos on this blog I decided to buy it, but I haven't tried it yet.  I had little interest in any kind of finishing powder, but the difference was kind of amazing.

Latest posts

Back