Problem: Eye Foundation hardened ! Any way to make it softer again?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I usually wear a little bit of eyeliner on my upper & lower lids however they always smudged.  I bought this very good product from Sephora (Laura Mercier) that was suggested to me to act as a foundation on my lids BEFORE putting on my eyeliner.  It was "small" and very expensive but only a little bit was needed each time.

It worked great, but I find that too often the plastic covers that hold the top to the bottom too often breaks (in many products that have plastic lids).  In this case, it did and as a result the foundation got hard and I have to scrape it off the top to get a little bit on my eyes.  Before it hardened, it was soft & pliable and very easy to apply.  Now - I don't even think it sticks anymore.

There is still half of it left and I was wondering if I could remedy the situation by making the hardened cream softer again.  It's not my fault that they make these plastic lid holders so weak that they break in time.  Seems to happen often.

Thanks a lot

Trudi

I don't know that if you were to mix something in to soften the texture that the product would still be effective. I would advise that any time a product's packaging breaks and the product requires a tight seal, you're better off depotting the stuff. Sounds like you were using an eye primer with a fancy name. . Good thing is many companies offer them, from $1 ELF to prestige like benefit, Smashbox, etc..

I can't quite picture the product you have but wanted to suggest warming the product a little, perhaps with a hair dryer on a low setting, to make it more pliable.

Miss Linda

"Sounds like you were using an eye primer with a fancy name"

I was not sure what they called it, but a primer sounds right!  Anyway, it's a good product but I don't feel responsible for the plastic lid breaking the way it did thus not forming a good seal around the product.  I also buy moisturizing foundations from Sephora and the plastic thing on the top always seems to break.  Luckily, it doesn't harden so I can continue to use it. 

But, this little container was pretty expensive for the size and I wonder if you would take it back and ask for a replacement?  I did buy another primer when I was there that is in a different container so that this doesn't happen.  I did not expect it to harden as much as it did because of a faulty lid.

Trudijane

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't quite picture the product you have but wanted to suggest warming the product a little, perhaps with a hair dryer on a low setting, to make it more pliable.
I'll give it a try, but I do think that Sephora should replace the item.  It was really expensive and I got to use about 1/2 of the product.

Trudi

I'll give it a try, but I do think that Sephora should replace the item.  It was really expensive and I got to use about 1/2 of the product. Trudi
If you've already used 1/2 the product, I don't really see them replacing or refunding you. Also, is this the item in question? The cap doesn't look that bad, same as moisturizers or a lot of other beauty products.

I think always purchase the product by seeing the seal of that.So you can return that product to company and get a new one or you can call to customer care and take a help of them.

Latest posts

Back