Favorite Neutral Eye Shadow Palettes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to know what your favorite neutral palette is? I know most people loooove the Naked palettes by Urban Decay, but surely there are people who like others, right? Lol.

Aside from Naked, I also like Naked2 and Lorac Unzipped (MY TOP 3). I also have Stila in the Light and NudeTude, but they aren't my favorite..

Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aside from Naked, I also like Naked2 and Lorac Unzipped (MY TOP 3). I also have Stila in the Light and NudeTude, but they aren't my favorite..
I've been thinking about getting the In The Light and Nude'Tude palettes, but I have so many neutrals already lol

Originally Posted by MKHeatherM /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been thinking about getting the In The Light and Nude'Tude palettes, but I have so many neutrals already lol
Haha, yeah, can never have enough neutral palettes! In the light is my least favorite neutral palette. I only use 2 colors from that palette (Kitten and the other one on the bottom leftmost), and the others were swatched but almost unused. I haven't had much chance to use Nude'tude cause I don't like the texture of theBalm eyeshadows, compared to Lorac and UD. Personally, I think their a little dry..although very pigmented. I love Lorac Unzipped! If you are looking for another neutral palette, I recommend that one. I also think the colors are different enough from the two naked palettes.

I'm not a big fan of the original Naked palette, as most of the shadows are shimmery (some have really chunky glitter). I think the N2 palette is a little more versatile, in that it has a matte highlighter and a matte black.

The Lorac Pro palette is my personal favorite, and the eyeshadows seem to blend more easily. The shadows are more warm/mauve-y than UD's Naked palettes though, so I don't know if you would consider them neutral-toned. I have yet to try The Balm's palettes, but they seem to have great reviews :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not a big fan of the original Naked palette, as most of the shadows are shimmery (some have really chunky glitter). I think the N2 palette is a little more versatile, in that it has a matte highlighter and a matte black.

The Lorac Pro palette is my personal favorite, and the eyeshadows seem to blend more easily. The shadows are more warm/mauve-y than UD's Naked palettes though, so I don't know if you would consider them neutral-toned. I have yet to try The Balm's palettes, but they seem to have great reviews :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.
That matte highlighter from the Naked2 palette is my HG brow highlighter! Just perfect!

I have a whole bunch of neutral pallets: Stila in the Light, Kat Von D Saint pallet, Urban Decay Naked, Urban Decay Naked 2, Too Faced Natural Eye, Too Faced Naked Eye, Sephora Collection In the Nude, Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral, Lorac Unzipped, and just ordered TheBalm Nude 'Tude. I personally love neutrals and wear them 95% of the time. For me, if I could only choose one it would be the Kat Von D Saint pallet. That is the best one for me, closely followed by the Too Faced Natural Eye pallet. I personally just love the colors, texture, and pigmentation of these pallets. I like all of my neutral pallets but those are my 2 front runners.

Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a whole bunch of neutral pallets: Stila in the Light, Kat Von D Saint pallet, Urban Decay Naked, Urban Decay Naked 2, Too Faced Natural Eye, Too Faced Naked Eye, Sephora Collection In the Nude, Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral, Lorac Unzipped, and just ordered TheBalm Nude 'Tude. I personally love neutrals and wear them 95% of the time.

For me, if I could only choose one it would be the Kat Von D Saint pallet. That is the best one for me, closely followed by the Too Faced Natural Eye pallet. I personally just love the colors, texture, and pigmentation of these pallets. I like all of my neutral pallets but those are my 2 front runners.
I'm the same way! I love neutral shades. 

The Saint palette is actually on my wish list, so I'm glad to see someone really likes it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by sprite9034 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really like these two from Sephora:

http://www.sephora.com/primal-instincts-eyeshadow-palette-P374274?skuId=1430503

http://www.sephora.com/natural-instincts-eyeshadow-palette-P377659?skuId=1474998   Not every formula is awesome and there are a few colors that don't get used a lot, but overall they're great- I use one or the other pretty much every day.
I LOVE Sephora eye shadows, especially the Pro Lesson palettes.

I'm the same way! I love neutral shades.  The Saint palette is actually on my wish list, so I'm glad to see someone really likes it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
I highly recommend it, great long lasting shades and it comes with an equally good eyeliner. My all time favorite pallet!

Tarte aqualillies palette is amazing and perfect to be used as an everyday eye color since it is mainly neutral. The packaging of this palette is super cute.

For those that don't have the budget for higher end palettes, Forever 21 and NYX have neutrals. Also, the Wet 'n Wild 8 pans have two nude palettes that are very pigmented.

Originally Posted by KimberlyP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those that don't have the budget for higher end palettes, Forever 21 and NYX have neutrals. Also, the Wet 'n Wild 8 pans have two nude palettes that are very pigmented.

The Wet 'n Wild eyeshadows are really good and pigmented...and you can't beat the price.  I have the LE Nude Awakening palette.  I call it my fake naked 1 palette. lol

I love the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette! I also have theBalm's Nude'tude palette, which is okay, but I do prefer UD!

Back