Beauty Army: May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There must be some good stuff this month, and alot of people are on the site.  The Beauty Army page is taking FOREVER to load!  I want to see mah samples!!
laughno.gif

How anticlimactic.  Skip.  I'd like the eye cream and dry shampoo, but I have tons.  I don't like the bad things I've been hearing about gel polishes. Everything else is the same as the last few months :|

Yeah, I'm on my third month, and it will probably be a skip month. There's just nothing new that I want to try. My selection window is in a few days, so I guess they still have time. 

thanks for starting a new page :]

still waiting on my april box since my window is the 25th. 

My selection window just opened today. I'm only on my fourth month - including last, which I skipped - and I am already so sick of repeat items. Of my nine choices, three are items I've actually already gotten in just two other boxes, and three are items they've been pushing on me the whole time I've been enrolled. And no amount of changing my profile or refreshing the page has any effect on the samples I can choose from.

I'm just so frustrated. The one sub I have that lets me pick item by item for my box, and the selections have just been so terrible. It's such a letdown.

I don't really see anything new except for a $25 gift card to I-Train downloadable workouts.. Not really into that. I will still get a box if I can get the samples perfect. I wish that they would make it so we can see all of the samples and pick whatever so that we don't have to refresh constantly. 

Also, I know I'm probably alone in this but I really wish they still had some B&BW shower gel! lol

This is only my second month of this subscription.  I gotta say, I wasn't impressed with the choices in the first month and this month seems to be even worse.  Like another poster said above, I can refresh and update my beauty profile all I want and the one or two things that might change are no better than the selections I had in the first place. More than half of the items I have to choose from are those teeny tiny foil-type packs, and a few of the items are the same exact items I either already chose for my first box or were offered to me in my first month.

My selection window ends today, so it may be a skip for me.  Disappointing...

Originally Posted by morre22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't really see anything new except for a $25 gift card to I-Train downloadable workouts.. Not really into that. I will still get a box if I can get the samples perfect. I wish that they would make it so we can see all of the samples and pick whatever so that we don't have to refresh constantly. 

Also, I know I'm probably alone in this but I really wish they still had some B&BW shower gel! lol
Hmm, the I-train workouts sound kind of fun. That might not be so horrible. I am trying to tone up a bit over the summer. 

I selected my samples this month, but what a serious disappointment! Every day no fewer than six repeats! I have never had such a problem, I guess maybe it was my turn this month. I am *tired* of seeing Mark products, though, especially that lousy mascara! I can't spit where I live without hitting an Avon lady, if I wanted Mark I'd have no trouble getting it. I don't insist on makeup every single month, but my whole reason for taking subs is to experiment in uncharted territory. (This incidentally is why I on the fence about going with Ipsy again. I live right across the street from a Walmart, and other than the occasional off-brand I can get this stuff with a 50 yard walk.)

I skipped this month, not a single item I wanted to try. Sometimes if there are 4 items I will buy a box but this time not a single one. Pretty sad about it but oh well can't wait for my other subs :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wanted to get the nailpolish but it said you had to have a specifi light for it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I logged on right on time and here's what I had to choose from pretty much no matter how I changed my profile.  2 repeats and 3 if you count the Mark in brown, which I would never wear brown mascara.  Blah. I'll try a few more times over the next few days just to see if I can get some other repeats that I liked, but I'll probably skip.  I just realized I've only used maybe 3 or 4 samples out of the last few months anyway.  I'm really over the website glitches too so it might be time to cancel.

What is up with their website? My selection window won't even load. Those pink circles just keep spinning and spinning and spinning. I tried IE, Firefox, and my phone. Nothing!

Also, I didn't get an e-mail saying my selection window was open this month. I'm glad I remembered to log in and check. I'm not even sure how many days I have left to select because nothing on their site will load.

I was finally able to pull up their contact info on my phone's browser and e-mailed them about this. With the lack in interesting samples, numerous repeats, and all the website issues, trying to get a Beauty Army box is a PAIN more than anything!

Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What is up with their website? My selection window won't even load. Those pink circles just keep spinning and spinning and spinning. I tried IE, Firefox, and my phone. Nothing!

Also, I didn't get an e-mail saying my selection window was open this month. I'm glad I remembered to log in and check. I'm not even sure how many days I have left to select because nothing on their site will load.

I was finally able to pull up their contact info on my phone's browser and e-mailed them about this. With the lack in interesting samples, numerous repeats, and all the website issues, trying to get a Beauty Army box is a PAIN more than anything!
Exactly what you said!  Only I have the opposite problem, in that every month they send me the email 15 minutes before the selection window opens and we all know that nothing you can do will make the samples load at that time.  This could be such a great sub, but it's getting to be more of a chore :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I decided to get 2 Ipsy bags this month, which look like they will be about a million times better than anything I could get from BA.

I skipped my May Beauty Army box. My selections opened on Sunday but I already tried everything that showed up. The last couple of days I've been trying to get other items or at least the Skyn Iceland eye masks with no result so I skipped.

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Exactly what you said!  Only I have the opposite problem, in that every month they send me the email 15 minutes before the selection window opens and we all know that nothing you can do will make the samples load at that time.  This could be such a great sub, but it's getting to be more of a chore :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I decided to get 2 Ipsy bags this month, which look like they will be about a million times better than anything I could get from BA.
I actually decided to do the same thing. I skipped BA and signed up for a 2nd Ipsy bag. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I selected my samples this month, but what a serious disappointment! Every day no fewer than six repeats! I have never had such a problem, I guess maybe it was my turn this month.

I am *tired* of seeing Mark products, though, especially that lousy mascara! I can't spit where I live without hitting an Avon lady, if I wanted Mark I'd have no trouble getting it. I don't insist on makeup every single month, but my whole reason for taking subs is to experiment in uncharted territory. (This incidentally is why I on the fence about going with Ipsy again. I live right across the street from a Walmart, and other than the occasional off-brand I can get this stuff with a 50 yard walk.)
I agree, a serious disappointment! I have had this sub since December and this is the second month in a row I have skipped. Almost everything is a repeat from the last few months, and I definitely don't want anymore Mark products. I keep expecting them to have several new samples to choose from, but the last three months have been almost all the same. No amount of profile changing seems to change it, just like others have said. When Beauty Army has been good, it's been really great, but they seriously need new samples!

I cancelled again. I figure I'll follow the threads and see what's happening in months to come, and then when re-sub again when there is more stuff I want to try. There is no way I could get a box every month. I got my first box in Oct. I think, and since then I have gotten 3 boxes total. I LOVE the idea of being able to pick what I want to try, but they really need a bigger selection of products. I don't want to get all the things I want in one box, and then for the next 2 months all that pops up in my window is stuff I have purposely avoided because I don't want them. I that's the point, to get what you want, right? If they figured out a different way to do the selection process maybe that might help. For example, after you pick the types of products you would like to use, instead of the site generating 9 random samples from those catagories (and 90% of the time a lot of the samples that show up are from catagories I didn't even pick!), they could just show all the available samples from those catagories. When a product is sold out, it will still show it in the selections, you just wouldn't be able to choose it, but at least you could still see all of what's available so that you can try to go for those samples the next time. Just a random idea, but it seems better to me than their current sample selection method. 

I signed up and saw the samples and was quite interested. Im currently into hair products and skin so since this is my first month im excited about my picks!!! 

Latest posts

Back