QOTD May 1, 2013: Have you ever given into peer pressure?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Me personally, I been asked if I wanted a smoke back in like.... middle school, and blew it off. Asked if I wanted a drink after high school, and blew it off too. No one ragged on me about it, and I never got into anything. How about you all?

I haven't all of my friends gave into peer pressure though now they all smoke, drink and do drugs. Needless to say I found new friends since the others became addicted to that stuff. I am proud to say I havent given into peer pressure :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes, I have. It takes two to tango as they say, so I am aware that I am accountable to it as well, and it's sometimes difficult to say no...

I never had friends try to pressure me into things, if I was offered I'd say no and they'd leave it at that. I'm actually amazed everyday the heavy amount of drug usage going on around me and the most I've caved to was weed.

I find it interesting that the options center around drugs, sex and alcohol. Peer pressure encompasses so much more than those areas and comes at all ages. Work related, personal life, whatever. . Regarding those topics above. . No, no peer pressure because true addicts are too selfish to want to share lol. Although, I consciously made some "poor" decisions as a teen or young person, I chalked it up to hormones and an insatiable curiosity to experience life, straight, sober, or otherwise under some influence. I had a great time for several years, then woke up and realized it couldn't continue and the times weren't always so great. Go figure lol. Interesting times and I don't regret a moment as I learned some things about myself. I have given in to peer pressure at work before. . Vogueboy is right, though. Pressure aside, there needs to be personal accountability, too. We cave at times, instead of standing firm.

Yeah, that's why I put down other though. It CAN be a lot more than drugs, sex and alcohol, howeeeeeeever those are the "center" of what people associate with "peer pressure". I am aware that people could, I dunno, be told to steal, tag, set off arson assaults and more, but if I added more, this poll would be well, far, far too long, so I kind of based it around the basic stuff we associate it with, and left the other option there for whatever else you might have fallen into.

So, not saying that it is ONLY these things, just well, going for an easier route about it poll-wise, haha.

If I'm being honest, I probably had more to do with putting pressure on my peers than vice versa. 

I do feel a little bit of "pressure" when it comes to looking good though.. unfortunately my standards for myself are way higher (almost unattainable actually) than my standards for others... I feel the need to keep up with the Joneses in that regard.. /endtherapy

Latest posts

Back