Starlooks Starbox May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kawaiisofoxy

Indie Ingenue
Reaction score
I was not expecting a spoiler this early!

Theme:  Tribal

Let's see... turquoise eyeliner/gel liner/cream eyeshadow?  And is that the same color lipstick on both models?

Link to Looksbook:  http://looksbook.starlooks.com/#628
Yay May Starbox!

(ETA:  Theme name and looksbook link in spoiler)

I noticed the turquoise on both, too. Really hope we get something that vivid! The description of the LooksBook kinda throws me off though lol. It does look like they might have the same lip product on.

I'm very interested to see what comes this month.

Oof, that one particular color.  Want.  It's supposed to be a Big Thing this summer, too, so I am now antsy to get my hands on something close to it one way or another before June.  But on Facebook, they posted "be sure to read the caption" after someone commented on the color, and that caption says:

Don’t worry, this does not mean we are about to send you a Starbox full of wild colors you would never think to purchase on your own. Rather, we’ll be providing you with staples that every makeup lover should have. Build upon, or “accessorizeâ€, over these earthy essentials using some bodacious bolds of your choice!
This leads me to think that this color is not going to be in there, and I can't seem to find it anywhere on the Starlooks site to buy on its own because WANT.  Sad face!  But, really, I don't see one single color in any of the looksbook photos that I don't want.  Are we there yet?

(Also, the part where they say they won't send colors I would never buy?  Wrong!  I would have never bought Tipsy anything, peach blush, that navy shadow, or the Tendergloss shade I received last month, but every single color has been fantastic.  Well, except for that rust lipstick.  It's just not me.  I'll have to try it with Pink Oasis over it this weekend, though, and even if I can't bring myself to wear it now, it's going to be great to have once autumn rolls around.)

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This leads me to think that this color is not going to be in there, and I can't seem to find it anywhere on the Starlooks site to buy on its own because WANT.  Sad face!
That's what I was thinking, too, when I read the caption, so I also looked all over their site and couldn't find anything in that shade.

Originally Posted by Kelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's what I was thinking, too, when I read the caption, so I also looked all over their site and couldn't find anything in that shade.
maybe it will be multiple shades of a new type of item, and that's one of the possibilities?  

Does it have to be on the site already to get it? I've been looking everywhere for the eye lash booster from last month and it's not on the site.

My thoughts on the paragraph in the spoiler above

"accessorize" makes me think there might be another jewelry item.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does it have to be on the site already to get it? I've been looking everywhere for the eye lash booster from last month and it's not on the site.
Nope, we've gotten new items before they were listed several times! We got the Monographic palette in September before it was available,and possibly the iPrimer as well, the mascara before it was, and the primer  before it was.

As for the paragraph...I didn't take it to mean that there will be NO crazy colors in the box, but rather that it won't be ALL crazy colors. Maybe a couple of neutrals and a vivid shade? That'd be fun! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope, we've gotten new items before they were listed several times! We got the Monographic palette in September before it was available,and possibly the iPrimer as well, the mascara before it was, and the primer  before it was.

As for the paragraph...I didn't take it to mean that there will be NO crazy colors in the box, but rather that it won't be ALL crazy colors. Maybe a couple of neutrals and a vivid shade? That'd be fun! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That sounds perfect. A bright and some neutral items would be fantastic! I'm DYING for that iPrimer.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No, there are frequently items in boxes that aren't for sale yet (in addition to the mascara and lash primer definitely being in the boxes prior to official launch on the site, I think the monographic palettes from September and 15-color palettes from December were in the boxes before they were launched).  I'm just thinking we're SOL on that item because of the caption.  

(And also the fact that "accessorize" is in quotes makes me disagree with the idea that it's referring to a non-makeup item.  I interpret that as just a way to make you think about viewing makeup as an accessory.  Like, you can take a basic neutral eye look and toss on a pop of color -- just look at those eyelids -- to change things up dramatically just like you can toss on a gauzy scarf or a pair of dangly earrings, and you're suddenly springy.  If you take that approach, bright colors are suddenly *far* less intimidating.  I have a bright metallic turquoise UD eye shadow that looks terrifyingly over-the-top in the pan, but I've discovered that if I just use it just on my lids with black liner and nothing else, *boom* instant compliments.  Or a swipe of hot pink shimmery loose pigment in my crease with navy shadow on my lids/used as liner.  Unexpected to people used to neutrals but really, really fun and a way to use brights but not go into rave kid territory!)

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OH MY, send me that:

Turquoise liner! It is GORGEOUS!
I'm starting to think that they will have a revolt if they don't at least offer that for sale if they don't send it in the box.  It's *the* most stunning product in those photos to me. Or at least identify a dupe.  It has rocketed to the top of my gotta-get-it list for late spring.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm starting to think that they will have a revolt if they don't at least offer that for sale if they don't send it in the box.  It's *the* most stunning product in those photos to me. Or at least identify a dupe.  It has rocketed to the top of my gotta-get-it list for late spring.
Amen to that! I just adore those types of products!

SHOOT. I forgot to sign up before the end of the month
frown.gif
 You have to sign up before the 1st to get this month's box, right?

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

maybe it will be multiple shades of a new type of item, and that's one of the possibilities?  
That would be cool! *crossesfingers*

I have to say, when I first looked at the photos I thought maybe we'd be getting one of the chroma-color things, then I read the description and checked the site to see if that was an available color already.

I really can't wait to see what's included. My curiosity is piqued. The optimist in me is hoping that the early preview will mean earlier shipping LOL.

That would be cool! *crossesfingers*

I have to say, when I first looked at the photos I thought maybe we'd be getting one of the chroma-color things, then I read the description and checked the site to see if that was an available color already.

I really can't wait to see what's included. My curiosity is piqued. The optimist in me is hoping that the early preview will mean earlier shipping LOL.
I checked out the Lookbook again, and their main model (Johnnie Cartwright) has a different color on her:

Bright yellow lightning bolts down the side of her face.  You can kind of see them in the pic in the first post spoiler.  I'm hoping it's not an alternate color for the turquoise, that would not be cute!
Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

SHOOT. I forgot to sign up before the end of the month
frown.gif
 You have to sign up before the 1st to get this month's box, right?
Yes, unfortunately 
icon_sad.gif
 But you can sign up for the June box now!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I checked out the Lookbook again, and their main model (Johnnie Cartwright) has a different color on her:

Bright yellow lightning bolts down the side of her face.  You can kind of see them in the pic in the first post spoiler.  I'm hoping it's not an alternate color for the turquoise, that would not be cute!
Yes, unfortunately 
icon_sad.gif
 But you can sign up for the June box now!
If you look closely, Johnnie also has the turquoise on under her eyes on the inner corner. You can only see it in like  two of the pics, but she does have some on, so it could still be a possibility lol I just really want there to be some of that color :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If you look closely, Johnnie also has the turquoise on under her eyes on the inner corner. You can only see it in like  two of the pics, but she does have some on, so it could still be a possibility lol I just really want there to be some of that color :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
YES! I'm still hoping as well! That color is just amazing
heart.gif

Latest posts

Back