Your favourite mascara!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I go through so many different types of mascara and I think my favourite has to be "Big Fatty" mascara by Urban Decay. It makes your eyelashes look amazing, really thick and striking!

What is your favourite and why? 

My current favorite is CoverGirl Lashblast (orange tube) for a waterproof formula -- holds my curls, and doesn't clump on me. My eyelashes are naturally long, I just need something to actually hold the curl (Benefit They're real didn't do this for me). I'm still undecided if it gives me that much volume.

For a non-waterproof formula, I really like tarte Gifted -- it goes on smoothly, and most of all, doesn't burn my eyes. Clinique high impact burns sooo bad! :'( My only complaint with Gifted is it doesn't hold my curl much. 

I have so many unopened tubes of mascara, but I'm pretty happy with the two I've mentioned. Although, I'm still gonna try other brands/formula!

Benefit They're Real. Easy to work with and apply, stays all day, and makes my lashes look fabulous! A close second though is the L'Oreal Double Extend. It has the same benefits, but I don't like the want/brush as much and the formula is a bit thicker.

My favorite is the YSL Shocking Voluminous mascara. It doesn't clump and it makes my eye lashes long and gives them the look of wearing fake lashes.

Maybelline Falsies is my fav. every time I wear it people think I am wearing false lashes. It makes them really really long.

My favorite mascara of all time is Diorshow because it really works wonders, but for the price it just doesnt last long enough for me to buy regularly.  My go to mascaras are from Victorias Secret (love the lengthening and the volume lift ones)! I love them because I only wash off my mascara every few days and I can reapply these for several days without my lashes getting hard or flaking.

Maybelline the Rocket Volum' Express or Benefit They're Real! They are both amazing and make it look like I have false lashes on and don't clump!

Right now i'm totally obsessed with Guerlain Maxi Lash... but i change my opinion every couple months

Maybelline Falsies. I like it because it is super-affordable price, it lengthens and thickens your eyelashes without any clumps

and even CoverGirl Lash Blast Length is also good and affordable

L'Oreal Voluminous Original. I've been using this since it first came onto the market over 10 years ago. (I think it's been at least 10 years) I have tried countless high end and drugstore mascaras but I keep going back to Voluminous. Thickness, length, doesn't clump or flake. YMMV

I have 2 fave mascaras: Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes and Benefit's They're Real. I have thin lashes and both of these are the best of the bunch that I have tried that add volume. Overall They're Real gives me slightly more volume and curl but I find it more difficult to remove, even wirh eye makeup remover. So if I could only pick one it would be Lights, Camera, Lashes.

Bot are two I like: BADgal, which separates lash by lash without clumping, and They're Real which gives more volume to each lash.

Both are from Benefit Cosmetics.

My fav is Covergirl Lashblast Fusion in the the purple packaging. It really works well to separate the lashes (no clumping) while elongating them! Love it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes. I love the applicator! I have tried more expensive formulas but I always go back to Great Lash. 

I love Hourglass Film Noir mascara. I won a tube in an Allure giveaway, which is awesome because at $28, it's a bit more expensive than I'd ideally pay for mascara. However, the tube lasts forever, and it lengthens/thickens my lashes like no other mascara I've tried (at any price point). Totally worth it! 

I had been using and loving theBalm's What's Your Type mascara in Tall, Dark, and Handsome...and I still love it...BUT, I've fallen in love with the mascara Starlooks sent out in their starboxes last month! Makes my lashes long and feathery with no clumps, and it's a bit cheaper than theBalm.

As far as drugstore products go, I really like the L'Oreal Double Extend one with the lash boosting base with serum on one side and the mascara on the other. Probably the best drugstore one I've tried!

Pricewise, the L'oreal is only $2 cheaper than the Starlooks, so I'll probably stick with the Starlooks for a while!

I've been using Maybelline Great Lash for a while and I love it. I have it in both brownish black and blackest black. It makes my lashes long and is less clumpy on me than mascaras I've used in the past. I've been tempted to try other mascaras, particularly ones I hear a lot of rave reviews about such as Big Fatty and Lashblast, but I'm really happy with Great Lash at the moment and consider it my ol' reliable! 

Benefit - They're Real!

I love this stuff, and a tube seems to last so much longer than any other mascara i've used before.

Latest posts

Back