Didnt receive my first bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I received my tracking number on 4/8/13 that the bag was transferred to a PO from DHL a few towns away...I expected the bag before I left for vacation on 4/15.  When it didnt arrive, I just figured it would be here when I returned on 4/22/13.  STILL wasnt here!  I contacted the PO, DHL and Ipsy.  USPS in the town where DHL originally dropped it and my local PO claimed they didnt have it and DHL will not return my call.  Ipsy says they will only send one replacement bag and if this one doesnt arrive then I am basically SOL!! has anyone else had issues not receiving a bag? 

USPS said the tracking number I received was a bulk drop ship number and its possible my package wasnt even in the shipment.  I am kinda irritated since this is the last subscription I have due to the government sequestration my husband has to take furlough and I cut back on my fun money!!

Ipsy said that I *should* receive my April bag sometime in early May, I better get 2 different Glam Bags this month!!

Originally Posted by ivfmommy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received my tracking number on 4/8/13 that the bag was transferred to a PO from DHL a few towns away...I expected the bag before I left for vacation on 4/15.  When it didnt arrive, I just figured it would be here when I returned on 4/22/13.  STILL wasnt here!  I contacted the PO, DHL and Ipsy.  USPS in the town where DHL originally dropped it and my local PO claimed they didnt have it and DHL will not return my call.  Ipsy says they will only send one replacement bag and if this one doesnt arrive then I am basically SOL!! has anyone else had issues not receiving a bag? 

USPS said the tracking number I received was a bulk drop ship number and its possible my package wasnt even in the shipment.  I am kinda irritated since this is the last subscription I have due to the government sequestration my husband has to take furlough and I cut back on my fun money!!

Ipsy said that I *should* receive my April bag sometime in early May, I better get 2 different Glam Bags this month!!
Ok, so this was the replacement for a bag that you didn't get? I would file a complaint with your USPS office against DHL since it seems that the ball dropped between DHL and USPS. Then I would email Ipsy again and if this WAS NOT a replacement bag let them know that, if it was simply provide them with the tracking # and screenshots showing that the was transferred but you never received it. What does the tracking currently say? If they are unable to replace it you DO have options and that includes filing a dispute with your debit/credit card company since you never received what you paid for (especially if the tracking # stops and doesn't say delivered). Because there is a tracking # the post office might be able to track it down locally by finding out where the last location was and who the last person to handle it was. While we don't see that info I highly doubt that kind of tracking is not available to them. (Make sense?)

I didn't receive my April bag either and was told the same thing. They said that I'll receive the April replacement bag this month as well as my May bag, but I wouldn't be able to get any more replacements in the future. Not really my fault that I didn't get the bag, so think that's a little harsh. Once I receive my two bags, I'm cancelling my account.

I just got the tracking for the replacement April bag, and the tracking for the May bag, again they are doing a drop ship with DHL and I am a bit leery.  If something happens this time I will be very upset! 

I paid for these bags, and when CS responds that I am basically SOL if I dont get it even after I file non delivery reports with the proper people I am irritated.  I want these bags, I have heard wonderful things and I would at least like to try it out!! GRR...

not the way to treat a new subscriber!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, so this was the replacement for a bag that you didn't get? I would file a complaint with your USPS office against DHL since it seems that the ball dropped between DHL and USPS. Then I would email Ipsy again and if this WAS NOT a replacement bag let them know that, if it was simply provide them with the tracking # and screenshots showing that the was transferred but you never received it. What does the tracking currently say? If they are unable to replace it you DO have options and that includes filing a dispute with your debit/credit card company since you never received what you paid for (especially if the tracking # stops and doesn't say delivered). Because there is a tracking # the post office might be able to track it down locally by finding out where the last location was and who the last person to handle it was. While we don't see that info I highly doubt that kind of tracking is not available to them. (Make sense?)
no this was the original bag.  I copied Ipsy, DHL and USPS on all the correspondence with tracking numbers etc as to where the bag was.  USPS told me the number was a drop ship tracker and it covered a large number of packages not just mine, and it was possible that my bag was not even in the shipment! DHL never replied and IPSY basically said we will send one replacement when it becomes available and if you dont get this one too bad.

no this was the original bag.  I copied Ipsy, DHL and USPS on all the correspondence with tracking numbers etc as to where the bag was.  USPS told me the number was a drop ship tracker and it covered a large number of packages not just mine, and it was possible that my bag was not even in the shipment! DHL never replied and IPSY basically said we will send one replacement when it becomes available and if you dont get this one too bad.
Since it was the original bag they should be sending you a replacement. Will you post the email from Ipsy please?

sure...

there are other back and forth emails about how it was sold out and that it would come early May after this one, do you need those too?

Subject:
Re: April Glam Bag
[email protected] ([email protected])
To:
Date:
Thursday, April 25, 2013 12:12 PM

[SIZE=90%]Type your response ABOVE THIS LINE to reply[/SIZE]

Dina
Subject: April Glam Bag

[SIZE=80%]APR 25, 2013  |  09:12AM PDT[/SIZE]
Alyson replied:

Hi Dina,

I am so sorry you did not receive your Glam Bag. Our shipping records show that we shipped your April Glam Bag to the address you provided. We would be more than happy to send you a replacement Bag. Would you like us to use the same address? We can only send one replacement bag per customer, so we want to make sure that this one gets to you! Please let us know the best address to use for your replacement order and we’ll get it shipped out right away. We’re so excited for you to receive your goodies!

:::::please rate my response: http://www.nicereply.com/ipsy/9884457/91040::::: xoxo,
Alyson

p.s. For more information about ipsy and our Glam Bags, please check out our FAQs here: http://help.ipsy.com/

I get why they will only send one, since there are people that will say they dont get stuff to get more for free but I paid for it, I expect to receive it!  I wouldnt continue to email them with my concerns nor would I be all over USPS and DHL for it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh and I have a tracking number now for my April bag, its currently in Georgia and I just got my May tracking number, its still in Kentucky...so maybe they will both arrive next week :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ok, seeing the email that is their standard reply macro. As you're aware the reason they do only one bag per month replacement is because of people lying (it happened in the past during certain months in which certain products were sent out) so as a result of those people (aka the bad apples) they ruined it for others with legitimate complaints due to the packages having gone missing.

You can request - for future reference - that if you have to get a replacement that it be shipped directly with USPS First Class. It's up to the warehouse on that though but you can ask that the replacement not be sent via UPS or DHL if it has a tendency to get lost. I would hope that they would be accommodating especially if packages are getting lost in the mail but again it's up to them but it never hurts to ask. I've asked Birchbox in the past when I had things go through Steamlite (I think that was the company) and my packages were not arriving on time and were going missing. I simply asked them if they could have it mailed via First Class or Parcel instead since I had better luck with that. So as I said it never hurts to ask.

Ipsy's offices are in the San Fran (CA) bay area while the logistics (warehouse) is out in North Carolina so the folks at Ipsy have no say/ability to check things out at the warehouse to see what's going on. This is the reason I miss the logistics in CA because an Ipsy representative could always go out there to check up on things. Many of these logistic companies - like Fulfilco (their old one) or Saddle Creek Logistics Services (I believe that's the name of the one in North Carolina) also fulfill orders for other companies. What they do is assemble line pack things, slap the labels on the packages then stack the packages to delivered to either UPS, USPS, DHL or whatever shipping company they're using and this is why the numbers are typically bulk #s and why (and this is also true for Birchbox) things sometimes sit a few days at the warehouse because they either have to wait for enough items to be picked up OR it's a weekend/holiday so they (warehouse) can't transfer the items to the shipping carrier. Then factor in the fact that the logistics company has other companies they're working with to pack and ship as well and things tend to not always run smoothly (such as the shipping problems in January & February 2012).

Latest posts

Back