Leg Shaving for Guys

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been noticing that there has been alot of discussion on this subject recently both for and against guys shaving their legs.  What do people here think about the idea?  Should guys be doing this?  What are the benefits?

Athletes do it like body builders, swimmers, divers, runners, cyclists, male dancers (strippers), pro wrestlers... And no one ever thinks twice about it. And no one will think twice about it when regular Joe does it. Benefits? For athletes it's less aerodynamic drag. And it does look and feel nice and smooth, (I used to be a competitive runner years ago) so there's that. What are the cons of it that you've had in your discussions? Is it a societal or peer judgement? Just curious. But for women on the other hand, if they don't shave their legs and they wear shorts in spring and summer, people do look twice.

I've talked to friends about this, and those for it tend to think it makes a man more... well, manly, and that's what they want. A burly guy. I've never liked body hair on anyone myself. Since there are millions and billions of women out there, all of them are going to have different opinions on the matter. The man should just do what feels and looks nice to him, regardless of what others think. Same goes for women.

I agree that a man / woman should do what feels right to them despite what others' think.

I also agree with the previous posts.  There are definitely benefits, but it really comes down to what makes a person most comfortable. 

I say do whatever you want with shaving your legs. I've never come across a well-groomed person and gone, "Jaysus! They could pass for a gorilla!" Not to say that especially hairy people are not well-groomed, just that some guys have really hairy legs and I would rather they shaved. But they've got to ultimately decide what they want to look like. To me it's more manly to shave (or get waxed or even electrolysis) if you're covered in a 3-inch blanket of fur than it is to stay overly hairy. On the flip side, I don't shave my legs very often in the Winter. I shave when it's warm outside because I want to. In the Winter I don't care about being hairy, but in the Summer I can't stand the sight of my hairy legs. I need to shave then, and I would do it even if it wasn't the norm.

Back