Do you carry makeup in your purse?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The title basically says it all. Do you bring makeup in your purse with you everyday? If you do what do you carry with you everyday? I don't put any makeup in my purse besides lip products. I have a chapstick, a gloss, a tinted lipbalm and a lip stain. Other than that I don't. I used to when I was younger but I would never use it and it would end up getting ruined from bouncing around my bags. Do you bring makeup in you purse. If so. What do you bring?

I do. Currently I have lip balm, lipstick and mascara which is my usual. That way, if I ever need to touch anything up, I'm good since I can get a look I like with just those things. But I carry everything in my purse from makeup to hand sanitizer to a pair of socks to pens to bandaids. My friends make fun of me for carrying my life in my purse...

I have a little makeup bag in my purse most of the time. I keep lip balm, a lip/cheek stain, pressed powder, concealor, a mirror, a nail file, and blotting sheets in it. Sometimes I'll throw something else in, depending on where I'm going.

I see some girls with have like every item they used in the morning to do their makeup in their purse. I feel like you don't need your primer and foundation. Pressed powder yes foundation not really. That's just my opinion. Side note, Friday morning when I was driving to work at 7:45, like peak rush hour I saw a girl driving and putting on her foundation with a beauty blender. I was like really? Your just like asking for a car accident

I have an ipsy bag with blush, blush brush, travel size bb cream, powder compact, eyeliner, mascara, and about 8 lipstick/lipglosses and a red lip liner and neutral lip liner, as well as tweezers.

So jealous of the people who only carry their lip products! I feel like I have way too much stuff in my everyday make up bag. Here is a list 'cause I really like listing stuff:

Make up related

• Blotting paper
  • Powder (currently MAC Blot Powder)
  • Nude eyeliner (Illamasqua's Vow)
  • Lip balm ($0.85 Madre Bees Organic Vanilla Lip Balm, heh)
  • 1-4 lip product(s) of the day (lipstick, gloss, sometimes also lip primer and liner)
  • Hand cream
  • (optional: eyeliner of the day)
  • (optional: concealer if I'm having a really bad skin day)

Misc items.

• Pill box with medicine (and caffeine tablets because I have bad sleeping habits *cough*)
  • Mirror
  • Nail clippers
  • Tweezers
  • Comb
  • Bobby pins and a hair tie

The list makes it sound like that's a lot of stuff to be lugging around. I just like to be prepared. 
wink3.gif

Having said that, I would like to cut out some items but don't know where to begin. Whenever I try to leave something at home I get the "What if I need it?" mentality. Any ideas?

I carry a small makeup bag in my purse with me every day, mostly filled with lip products because I don't typically reapply other products after I leave the house. In my purse makeup bag I usually have: Compact mirror MAC prep and prime for lips Urban Decay lip liner in O Zone Revlon lip butter in Sweet Tart (goes with almost everything in the day) Clinique almost lipstick in Black Honey Travel sized Kat Von D lipstick in Backstage Bambi Travel sized Tarte lip gloss in a pink color Chapstick Concealer Rollerball perfume (I change it up from time to time) Bobby pins Hair ties Mini pill box And sometimes if I have a particular lipstick I want to wear that day I'll throw that in too.

I carry hand cream, pressed powder, blotting sheets, several lip glosses/balms, and I usually have a bottle of nail polish rolling around in there as well. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I forgot to mention I have -a mini compact mirror from f21 - mini lotion and hand sanitizer - a little pill bottle with Advil and allergy medicine. - tampons, hair ties,a thick black stretchy head band and bobby pins - just counted, 7 lips products. For someone who 80% of the time only wears chap stick on my lips, That's a bit excessive lol - small bottle of PINK brand fresh and clean spray * non beauty/makeup related - my wallet - tanning eye goggles - a little day calendar/notebook - a small zip lock bag with coupons that I clip but never end up using - work id tag and door keypass. - car keys and phone - and usually a cliff bar and a bottle of pure leaf sweet tea. Cus I drink that ever single day and I eat cliff bars every day at work I just ended up listing everything in my bag. Im so nosy but I love seeing what's in everyone's purse

I only carry lip stuff in my purse. I don't ever really think I need a touch up during the day, so that is enough for me. 

I recently switched out my makeup bag and now using the April Ipsy white and pink slim bag.  It has:

- small pack of Kleenex

- lip balm/gloss

- usually a Revlon lip butter, pink truffle or juicy papaya

- blotting sheets

- mini hand cream

- small 5g container of Aquaphor

for bad skin days, i'll also add a compact powder, concealer, maybe a powder brush

thinking of adding Mai Couture blush sheets for really long days at work

I used to keep a lipstick, blush sheets, mini mascara, eyeliner, and powder compact in there. Then I realized I never really USED any of it...so now I just carry a lip balm, a colored gloss or lip butter, and some hand cream. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just realized how bad of a hoarder I am. I have six makeup bags in my purse. One is for eye products another for face products. I carry two for any essentials such as band aids, medicatioms and items for periods and wipes ect. I have a mesh bag with about five pairs of false lashes and glue. Lastly one with about 15 mini perfumes. In my inner pockets I carry my nitro pills and spray. My IPhone and three stylist's. I also have mints, glucouse tablets and a jumbo roll of sweet tarts candy, thats in case my BSL drops to fast. A book for when I am in the hospital , helps pass the time. No wonder my purse feels like it weighs 20 pounds. Ohh heck and my wallet. I need intervention bad lol.

For me, it depends if I'm wearing makeup that day or not. On an everyday basis, I carry around my Rosebud Salve lip balm and my MAC Lipstick in Chic.

If I wear eyeliner, I would probably put that eyeliner in my purse.

For the days that I actually wear full on makeup, I would carry around concealer, eyeshadow, eyeliner, my usual lip stuff, and powder (as well as the associated eyeshadow brush and powder brush) in a small makeup bag or in my clutch.

Normally, I carry around a compact mirror, hand cream, pack of tissue, cough drops, and lip balm & gloss. During the summer, I throw in blotting paper and sunblock. I also carry hand sanitizer in my purse but not inside my makeup bag. The funny thing is that I can live without makeup in my purse (there are days I forget to bring it) but I can't leave the house without my kindle even if I know I won't be using it that particular day. I just like having it in case, haha.=p

Back