Meow Cosmetics Questions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found some old threads on Meow Cosmetics, but nothing really recent and stuff can change in a few years. I am thinking about trying them when I start to get low on my BM. I am currently using the BM Ready Foundation in Fairly Medium (which is for light to medium skin with pink undertones).

Any suggestions on what shades to try in Meow's foundations? Which of the foundations is similar coverage to the BM? Any notes about the primer?

Have you tried any of the Meow products and how did they work for you? I am looking at a couple of their blushes (because OMG they have purple/lavender/lilac shades). Some of the red/purple eye shadows in the Egyptian collection look amazing.

How much actually comes in their samples? Mainly I am wondering if I need to get two samples of any foundations I try or if one would be enough.

Any other bits like how you apply their foundation (type of brush, other products you use like primer, your actual technique), how it lasts, etc would also be welcome.

Basically, right now I just find myself enamored by the cat theme and I want order a lot of products. I am sure there are other brands out there that some of your prefer, but I am really curious about this one.

Where to begin...

I've used Meow's foundations for quite some time now but never used BM and I have yellow undertones, so I'm afraid I'm of no help there. If you have (cool?) pink undertones, I'd just start looking at the color chart and go from there (note that they also have a warm pink shade). The foundation shade pages also have recommendations about other shades to try, e.g. if you try Chausie ("cool pink rosy undertones"), you should also try Mau, Himalayan, Sphynx and Bengal. Just get a lot of samples, perhaps even the neutral undertone, Siamese. I'd recommend you choose a number of shades (breeds) to try out and then get them in at least a couple of "depths". Inquisitive is really, really light so I'd probably skip that if I were you. Sleek might also be too light if your skin tone is light to medium, but I'm not 100% sure.

One sample baggie should be enough to determine whether the shade is a good match. I remember getting at least a couple of uses out of each baggie (unless they changed it recently).

How much coverage do you need? I have a lot of acne scars that need covering up, so I use Flawless Feline, which can sometimes be a bit heavy. Don't be afraid to choose one of the lighter coverage levels, they're easy to layer. Maybe try samples of different coverages, too. 

As for the primers... What are you looking for in a primer? What skin type do you have? 

I've also tried some blush samples and they were nice, I'm just not too into mineral blush as I prefer pressed blushes. I like some of Meow's eyeshadows, the Egyptian Treasures collection is particularly nice in my opinion. So do give them a try! I also like the Sunsplashers and Skinnydippers.

Well, my reply turned out a bit rambly but I hope this helps. 
smile.gif
 Finding the right shade can be a bit daunting when they have so many shades available, but I've personally been a satisfied Meow customer for many years.

I am definitely going to try a bunch of samples of foundation to try. Just trying to get an idea of which ones to try. Between what you just said, mauu, and their customer service, I think I have a pretty good idea now, so thank you ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As far as coverage, I think medium is probably what I will want to start with. Then I might end up getting at least the light as well. Basically I want something that covers my minor redness and evens out my tone, but still looks somewhat natural. I do not have any major discoloration or acne (though I do have a minor spot at the moment).

As far as a primer... I have combination skin, dry forehead, oily chin and sometimes the sides of my nose, normal cheeks, though sometimes my forehead will go to normal and my cheeks will get a bit dry. My main issue at the moment is settling into really fine lines next my mouth (laugh lines) and my forehead. You cannot see them, especially the mouth ones, when I have no make up on, but it seems to settle in them. I think it might be because I am fairly expressive so I move my face a lot.

I definitely like the Egyptian Treasures colors so I am glad to hear they are good ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You have been a huge help just in letting me know they are an okay (or good) brand. I like to at least know a few people like a company before I order from them.

Just curious if you tried the Meow foundation samples yet, as they're one of my favorite brands!  Let us know what you think - they're a great product, and they have a TON of shades.

I ended up not getting any foundations. I asked about an approximate shade match and since I am a newer shade of BM (fairly medium in Ready pressed foundation) I do not think they have found a match for it yet. And to be honest, I am horrible at shade matching myself so ordering a bunch of samples and trying them would probably just frustrate me. However, one of my foundation compacts did fall out of my bag and cracked at the corner so I might just send them a bit of it so they can try to match it. I definitely have not given up on them, I just have not tried them yet.

Actually, they may have that updated soon. I'm  Golden Fair in BM, which is also a newer shade, and they just recently updated that too.  It wasn't an exact match, but it helped me go after a few extra samples to fine-tune my shade a little more.  

Woow what a great answer on the brilliant website.. I love all these answer... Please share more idea with us about Meow Cosmetics Questions.. It's great for me and other... I am zeeshan

I finally ordered a bunch of samples. I ordered 2 each of Frisky Mau, Sphynx, Himalayan, Persian, and Chartreux. I really hope one of them is a match!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJessicaMary /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I finally ordered a bunch of samples. I ordered 2 each of Frisky Mau, Sphynx, Himalayan, Persian, and Chartreux. I really hope one of them is a match!

Good luck!  I hope you find a fantastic match!

So I think I found my match in Frisky Mau. It looks light as powder, but it blends in as a perfect match and is definitely light coverage if applied dry. I am going to try it wet as well, and at least one more time before I order. I will probably order samples of the heavier coverage as well. I am still curious about their concealer and the combination skin primer. Also do they make anything like a mineral veil?

Ugh, well, now I seem to be stuck between Sphynx, Persian, and Mau. I guess I will keep trying the samples. My husband thinks they all look quite natural and I think that is great ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just need to figure out which of the three is the best.

Sorry to keep posting, but I have an update. I finally settled on Frisky Himalayan (in the Purrr-fect Puss which is light to medium coverage) as my shade and I ordered the Munchkin size. I love the jar! They are definitely right about the lid being large enough to swirl your brush in. I may revisit my shade once I run out of this one, because it looks a tad pink in the jar/going on, but seems to match perfectly once on. The formula is definitely not quite as opaque as my BareMinerals Ready foundation and I find it a bit drier in formulation, but not necessarily on my skin. I will have to try it a bit longer to know on that.

I also got samples of the combination skin primer, Equilibrium Balancing Powder, Frisky Himalayan concealer, and the green Camo Cats corrector, plus the Flawless foundation in Frisky Himalayan. So far I have just tried the primer once and the concealer once. I really like the concealer! It is not full coverage, but enough to cover most things, I think.

I want to try both the foundation and the concealer applied with a damp brush as I think the coverage might be a little heavier and it might feel a little less dry. I hate using the word dress to describe it since I really do not think it is any drier than any other powder foundation, but rather that my BM was especially hydrating.

I also have now tried a few shades of their eyeshadow and I really like it. Some of the X believe collection colors are particularly amazing. I just wish they had more size options besides a baggie sample and a 5g jar (which is $8.25). Less than $9 for a 5g is a great price, but I would rather have a 1g or 2g jar option myself. Given the richness of the colors I would probably never use a full 5g jar, honestly even a 1g or 2g jar would be a lot.

Their sample sizes in the baggies are pretty generous. I have not put any of the eyeshadow samples into jars, but the foundation samples and other face samples I have gotten have been enough for at least 4 or 5 (likely more) full face applications.

I just ordered some samples from Meow (the shade selection is so intimidating!) and I can't wait to try them. Has anyone here used them with primers or finishing powders? I've read that the foundation is OK alone but best when used with other products. I'm low maintenance (aka lazy), so the fewer products I need, the better. :)

I am not sure what other people do, so I would be curious to hear other insights, but this is what I do: I put on my moisturizer/sunscreen, then I spray a bit of aloe vera juice on my fingertips and pat that on my face, then I spray more in my palm and dampen my flat top brush with it, then I tap some foundation in the lid (enough to cover the tops of the bristles), then I stipple and gently buff the foundation onto to an area of my face. I tap more into the lid and repeat for each part of my face. This gives me enough coverage to even out my skin, but still looks fairly natural. If I just apply the foundation with dampening the brush, I get super light coverage. If I actually wet the brush completely, I get heavier coverage, but I have to wait for it to set and dry to make sure it looks even and sometimes dust off extra with a powder brush. 

Anyway, that is what I do. I wrote this on my phone so please excuse any odd typos. 

That's very helpful! I've never heard the aloe juice idea before, but it sounds really nice. I ordered a few different Meow samples, so I'm planning to experiment with different application methods.

After trying a few samples I ordered some full size products (and a bunch of blush samples & primer/finishing powder samples).  I have been using the pampered puss, I stipple it on (using several layers depending on the coverage i want), use concealer, stipple a little more to blend the concealer, let it set for a few minutes, then with a kubuki brush I lightly buff it & make sure everything is blended. The foundation has excellent coverage and lasts all day on me with or with out primer.  I have dry skin so I don't have a problem with break through oilyness.  Sometimes I use a silicone heavy primer or argan oil and it make it more dewy looking.  OTOH, I always have problems with concealer, like every one I have ever tried.  It just doesn't cover the way I want & what it does cover just fades away w/in a few hours.  I will try using a wet brush next time.  How do you guys use the MMU concealers?  And Miss Jessica...What's mote?

"Mote" was just a cellphone typo, it should have said "more." I think I fixed it. 

I have issues with concealers too. The Meow Cosmetics one is pretty good for redness on me, but it seems a bit sheer for actual blemishes. I think it might work better applied wet with a very small concealer brush.

I haven't tried any independent MMU concealers yet, but I used to use BE's bisque concealer and it covered blemishes pretty well when patted on with a really dense, stiff brush. It never worked for my undereye area, so I only use creamy products for dark circles.

Latest posts

Back