Need feedback before I scare the crap out of the spouse

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Please keep an open mind while reading this and don't attack/hate on me too bad! Though I'm scheming, I do it out of love and the desire to keep him around. 
icon_neutral.gif

My husband is addicted to nicotine but he wants to quit and has tried for several years with no real lasting success. He uses dip (gross!!!) and I'm constantly worried he's going to get some form of mouth/throat/stomach cancer from it and die. About 10 years ago, my uncle put a dip in his mouth and when the side of his face and tongue went numb, he took it out, threw his can away, and has not used nicotine since. My husband is aware that happened to him.

Last week, I stopped in the natural health foods store and grabbed a small bottle of cinnamon leaf oil to add to lip gloss (for plumping effect). I noticed it caused some localized anesthesia when I licked my lips and swallowed a small bit. My tongue and throat were numb for a good half hour at least, and a small light bulb went off. I'm sure you're already ahead of me and see where I'm going with this......

I KNOW he would be mad if added a few drops of the oil into his dip and he found out. But, if he never found out I messed with it...and his mouth just happened to go numb...and it caused him to freak out enough to stop (because he's very dramatic and blows everything WAY out of proportion)...would it really be THAT bad??? We've vowed to be open and honest with each other so if he asked me if I did anything to his dip I of course would fess up, but if he never put the two together (he didn't know the cinnamon leaf oil caused the numbness of my mouth), should I test this experiment and see how it plays out? I know he isn't allergic to cinnamon so no adverse affects should happen.

Personally, I wouldn't do it. If he blows things out of proportion, he could end up thinking he was having a stroke and going to the hospital and wasting time and money. Just because it scared your uncle doesn't mean it will work for your husband, especially when its not even the real thing. Addiction is addiction. I know you worry about him, but I don't think this is the right way to get him to quit. I'd try being supportive and helping him kick the addiction in a different way. 

I wouldn't do it either. You already left a trail with this thread, so he'd find out.

What I WOULD do, though.. is stop kissing him until he quits that habit. I can't think of anything less sexy than kissing someone with dip-residue in their mouth (I've never been with a dipper, so I don't know how that works, but in my mind I think I'd taste it every time).
sick.gif
 Maybe it'd be incentive to quit.

So what you're both saying issss, I should do eeet. Hahaha ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm just kidding. The more I think about it and what you've both said has maybe influenced me not to. He IS a huge drama queen and would definitely think he's dying, and though I doubt he'd even find this thread, I don't want to risk any type of super freak out. I wish he'd quit. I know his job is stressful (cop) but he just uses nicotine as a crutch. He even says he doesn't like doing it but he can't quit. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I can't imagine what it's like for something so small to have such a grasp on one's life. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Maybe just a teeny drop...hahaha

Back