QOTD 5/10/2013 Sponge, fingertips, brush, airbrush... which do you prefer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer brushes by far. Sponges never work out too well with me. I plain don't like using fingers, and I don't have an airbrush.

I mainly use brushes, but I use fingers to apply eye primer and concealer for underneath my eyes.

Sponges just soak up your product then you wash the product down the drain. I have not found a makeup brush I can get comfortable with, and I own a few. I use clean hands. I have never tried airbrush. That sounds really cool. I have browsed airbrush sites and looked at all the products and i have watched tutorials. It is quite an investment for something I would like to try before buying. 

I meant to say I have not found a makeup brush with which I am comfortable to apply foundation. Of course I use brushes for many other applications. 
smilehappyyes.gif

I use a brush for my liquid foundation, plus fingers. Just sort of a pain to wash the thing every week. I think I would love to try airbrush at least one time in my life, but is it practical for a day to day normal makeup routine? (With limited time to get ready in the a.m.?)

Even though it makes the product get used up quicker, I love using sponges such as the Beauty Blender, because they make makeup blend in really well and look flawless!

I like to use a brush for my liquid foundation, sometimes fingers and a sponge. Its a pain to wash the brush every week!

omg!! I was never good with brushes so I always used my fingers until this morning. I used the beauty blender I got in my popsugar box and I will never ever use my fingers again! I LOOOOVED IT!

I prefer to use my fingers and brushes. I have a sponge, but it's just a hassle for me to use in my daily routine. I don't have too much extra time in the morning to have the sponge absorb all the water beforehand. It's a lot simpler to grab a brush or use my hands.

I use a beauty blender only on special occasions cause it really leaves my skin looking flawless, other wise i use a brush

Fingers for primer and tinted moisturizer, brushes for everything else. I just received a beauty blender in this months PSMH box, so maybe I'll fall in love with it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Depends a lot on how my skin is that day, I have bad skin and suffer from acne and combination skin in general. So it can change from one day to another. 

Mainly I prefer using my fingertips, as this gives me the most coverage. Sometimes I will go over with a sponge.
Always matting down and applying powder with a brush :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back