TopBox - May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Here are the contents of my May TopBox. This month, I got the regular one.

Lise Watier Haute Coleur High Coverage Lip Lacquer - 1.5ml (Sample Value: $5.75): "Intense Colour, Extreme Shine, Long Lasting." Full size: $23 (6ml).

Comments: I got this in Stylista and I absolutely love the colour. Though I have a lot of lip glosses and such, let's face it. Who doesn't need more lip gloss? It's a dark pink and I'm so excited to try it out!

Yaby Eyeshadow Refill in oh my grapeness - 1 pan refill (Sample Value: $3.51): "Highly pigmented with super smooth texture that blends effortlessly. Professional eyeshadow palettes from $127".

Comments: To be honest, I'm not sure what to do with this. One eyeshadow pan is very small. I love the colour but I would imagine that it would be a little weird to use given that it's a pan the size of a nickel.

Chloe See by Chloe Perfume - 7.5ml (Sample Value $10.50): "See by Chlor is an addictive fruity floral fragrance that awakens the senses." Full size: $85 (50ml) or $105 (75ml).

Comments: I'm soooo happy to get this sample! I wanted to purchase this in store but I hesitated because I figured I would never use it all and I got a nice size sample of it. The bottle is the mini version of the real thing!

Cuccio Colour Nail Lacquer - 14ml (Sample Value: $10): Triple pigmented colour, DBP, Toluene and Formeldehyde FREE, High Shine Professional Nail COlours." Full Size: $10 (14ml)

Comments: It's a nice soft pink and I like the colour. However, I have a lot of similar colours already but I do like this sample.

Total Value: $29.76. Another great box and I'm very impressed!

Hello!!

This is what I got in my topbox:

1. Lise Watier Lipgloss in stylista

2. Cuccio Colour Nail Laquer in So So Sofia (A cream white colour)

3. Yaby eyeshadow in seashell (Already got this same colour in my ipsy bag!!)

4. Benefit Porefessional

I cancelled my subscription after seeing this box. It's not really topbox's fault I guess that I got the exact same eyeshadow colour that I got from ipsy but I think it was the nail polish that really made me make this decision. To me, the colour was a little boring and not something I would wear on my nails. I really liked the other two products but they weren't good enough to make me continue with TopBox. 

On top of that, I also get an ipsy bag every month too so when I compare both subscriptions side by side, I didn't feel like I was getting my moneys worth with Topbox.

Originally Posted by melodyyy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello!!

This is what I got in my topbox:

1. Lise Watier Lipgloss in stylista

2. Cuccio Colour Nail Laquer in So So Sofia (A cream white colour)

3. Yaby eyeshadow in seashell (Already got this same colour in my ipsy bag!!)

4. Benefit Porefessional

I cancelled my subscription after seeing this box. It's not really topbox's fault I guess that I got the exact same eyeshadow colour that I got from ipsy but I think it was the nail polish that really made me make this decision. To me, the colour was a little boring and not something I would wear on my nails. I really liked the other two products but they weren't good enough to make me continue with TopBox. 

On top of that, I also get an ipsy bag every month too so when I compare both subscriptions side by side, I didn't feel like I was getting my moneys worth with Topbox.
It's too bad that you're cancelling! I actually got the Yaby colour in Seashell in my Ipsy bag too but I didn't mind the colour. I like your bag as well, especially since you got the Porefessional. I've been meaning to buy it but have resisted due to the price. How big of a sample did you get with TopBox?

Originally Posted by gw3ndolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's too bad that you're cancelling! I actually got the Yaby colour in Seashell in my Ipsy bag too but I didn't mind the colour. I like your bag as well, especially since you got the Porefessional. I've been meaning to buy it but have resisted due to the price. How big of a sample did you get with TopBox?
The seashell colour doesn't really show up against my skin so there's really no point in using the eyeshadow which is why I don't like the colour. Porefessional is probably the only reason why I don't hate this month's box. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've been wanting to buy it too so its perfect how I got a sample of it.  The sample is 7.5ml.

Back