NuMe gift code in bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Did anyone try using the $110 certificate from their Ipsy bag on the NuMe website?

I have been trying but nothing works to take the $110 off my total.

Nevermind, I hadn't put the correct products in my cart,

in that case.. since I have enough curling irons and flat irons.. if anyone wants to use my code

ip1xh4896g5uq

Feel free.

ugh, i'm so frustrated with this nume website! the item i want to order is out-of-stock, the petite flat iron, which happens to be the least expensive hair tool on the entire site at $128... with the coupon it'll only cost $18+shipping, and the ipsy coupon will include a free thermal travel pouch.

i buy a TON of stuff online, most companies don't have an option to preorder - however, nume's customer service FAQ states over, and over, and over again (seriously, it's repeated like 50x) that out-of-stock items MAY BE PURCHASED. here's just one of the FAQs:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Can I order an out of stock item?

Modified on: Sat, May 11, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Yes you can.  You no longer check and recheck the website to see if the item you want is back in stock to place your order.  We have opened up the shopping cart for you to be able to select whatever item you wish to redeem your coupon for and have post the estimated arrival date on the item for you.  Your invoice will also reflect this estimated date."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

am i ridiculous for getting upset that it won't let me complete my order? i enter the coupon code using the "voucher redemption" tab at the top of the homepage, get a "congratulations, blah blah, start shopping!" message, add the flat iron and the pouch to my cart, click "checkout"... the page refreshes back to the cart, with this error message above it: "Products marked with *** are not available in the desired quantity or not in stock!" so 

i mean, what is this shadiness? it should allow me to order the item now, while the coupon is valid... but is "out of stock" until 6/15. says all over their customer service page that preorders on out-of-stock items/backorders/however you describe it, is allowed. as in, if an item is out of stock it can still be purchased using a coupon, and will just ship when it's back in stock. sort of how hautelook charges you like 6weeks before they actually ship. so IT SHOULD WORK, right?! am i missing something here?

i emailed their CS yesterday about this, hopefully they will get back to me soon. this is so annoying, maybe it's not meant to be

The coupons are good until November, so we have time to get it to work. i am sure they will smooth this out! I know a lot of ppl are having issues. Contact ipsy care and also contact NuMe customer service. Once the Glam Room goes live on Monday I am thinking this will all be settled. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Barbie Allen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nevermind, I hadn't put the correct products in my cart,

in that case.. since I have enough curling irons and flat irons.. if anyone wants to use my code
I think it is also good for hair extensions. Do you use those? 

kk so I asked a person who used the codes how it worked and she said the codes are CASE SENSITIVE and had to contact ipsy care because hers did not work at first. When she fixed that it worked. Can't wait to get my bag! Hope I get the voucher!

I was kinda excited until I saw blow dryers priced around $200. No way in $%^ will I pay 90 bucks plus shipping on a blow dryer! I don't use flat irons or curling rods. For NuMe prices I would expect the items to come with a personal stylist

Hmm they had a nume coupon over a year ago and everyone hated it lol. I can't believe they did it again, last time there was no way to use the coupon and spend less than $100. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm they had a nume coupon over a year ago and everyone hated it lol. I can't believe they did it again, last time there was no way to use the coupon and spend less than $100. 
If you buying one of the flat irons or cheaper curl irons, you can spend under $100. I was thinking about getting the petite flat iron since it'd be great for travel and like jewdiful mentioned, it'd be $18 + shipping, which is great deal. I'm also considering one of the full size flat irons (don't think I'd get both that and petite), but not sure.

Quote: Originally Posted by jewdiful /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ugh, i'm so frustrated with this nume website! the item i want to order is out-of-stock, the petite flat iron, which happens to be the least expensive hair tool on the entire site at $128... with the coupon it'll only cost $18+shipping, and the ipsy coupon will include a free thermal travel pouch.

i buy a TON of stuff online, most companies don't have an option to preorder - however, nume's customer service FAQ states over, and over, and over again (seriously, it's repeated like 50x) that out-of-stock items MAY BE PURCHASED. here's just one of the FAQs:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Can I order an out of stock item?

Modified on: Sat, May 11, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Yes you can.  You no longer check and recheck the website to see if the item you want is back in stock to place your order.  We have opened up the shopping cart for you to be able to select whatever item you wish to redeem your coupon for and have post the estimated arrival date on the item for you.  Your invoice will also reflect this estimated date."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

am i ridiculous for getting upset that it won't let me complete my order? i enter the coupon code using the "voucher redemption" tab at the top of the homepage, get a "congratulations, blah blah, start shopping!" message, add the flat iron and the pouch to my cart, click "checkout"... the page refreshes back to the cart, with this error message above it: "Products marked with *** are not available in the desired quantity or not in stock!" so 

i mean, what is this shadiness? it should allow me to order the item now, while the coupon is valid... but is "out of stock" until 6/15. says all over their customer service page that preorders on out-of-stock items/backorders/however you describe it, is allowed. as in, if an item is out of stock it can still be purchased using a coupon, and will just ship when it's back in stock. sort of how hautelook charges you like 6weeks before they actually ship. so IT SHOULD WORK, right?! am i missing something here?

i emailed their CS yesterday about this, hopefully they will get back to me soon. this is so annoying, maybe it's not meant to be

I have that same problem. I tried to do a test checkout, so I could know how much shipping would be, but like you, I couldn't checkout.

Originally Posted by pengutango /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you buying one of the flat irons or cheaper curl irons, you can spend under $100. I was thinking about getting the petite flat iron since it'd be great for travel and like jewdiful mentioned, it'd be $18 + shipping, which is great deal. I'm also considering one of the full size flat irons (don't think I'd get both that and petite), but not sure.
Well it seems like a good deal but there are always 100 or 110 dollar off generic coupon codes for nume because there stuff is not worth the price their website says. I think last time shipping was around 15 dollars or so. If you search for the thread from Feb 2012 I think, you can find a picture of the 118 flat iron and I guess its really small, I didn't order anything though. 

Just my two cents, but imo nume is kind of a scam of a company. 

Originally Posted by Kristine Walker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was kinda excited until I saw blow dryers priced around $200. No way in $%^ will I pay 90 bucks plus shipping on a blow dryer! I don't use flat irons or curling rods. For NuMe prices I would expect the items to come with a personal stylist
LOL.  So true!

The one idea I had was to use the 60% off code on the 3 Sum set. The set includes a full size Vintage flat iron, a mini flat iron, and a 19mm curling wand. It is marked down to $195. 60% off makes it $78, plus $8 in shipping (at least to my area. I did a test checkout and didn't confirm the order) makes $86 total. Just under $29 per item, which are equivalent to drugstore flat iron/curling iron prices, right? I also saw a deal on nomorerack (which I've never used before) for $35 for a NuMe fashionista flat iron plus a voucher for $110. I believe that deal ends tomorrow. I do agree their products seem overpriced, but they seem to have good reviews. Has anyone here tried one? I have been wanting to try a curling wand for awhile. I'm useless with a regular curling iron. I always kink my hair with the clamp. I currently use a Remington flat iron that I got a good deal on online and I love but it seems to have an electrical problem. Sometimes when I turn it on to warm up it shuts itself off after a few seconds. I tried to exchange it but the seller was out of inventory. They offered me a refund but I do like the iron so I kept it, but I'm sure if it shuts off occasionally now it'll eventually stop working altogether. I'm tempted with the deal on the 3 Sum to go for it, but I'm nervous about the company being a bigger scam than just overpricing their products.

I finally used one of my codes to order the petite flat iron (it came back in stick finally). It came out to $26 with shipping, and I've really been wanting a nice flat iron. I also have an extra code if anyone wants to use it:

ip14k91co3v7 $110 off plus free thermal pouch

Latest posts

Back