Pacifica + Ipsy May 2013 - Deals, codes, and hauls!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey ladies! Let's talk Pacifica! 
yey.gif

For anyone just joining this discussion, the savvy ladies over on the Ipsy May 2013 thread have figured out several discount codes for the Pacificaperfume.com website, that you can 'stack' and use together on one order!

The codes are:

freeship25 (free shipping on orders over $25)

Beauty20 (Ipsy 20% off code)

freequench25 (Free Sugared Fig lip tint on orders over $25)

There is a 4th code for an additional 10% off, that you can get if you create an account on their site, fill up your cart, log out or close the window, wait a few hours, and they will send you an email with a %10 offer if you come back and complete your order!

The codes go in the same code box area, hitting 'enter' after each code so that they are underneath each other. After you hit 'calculate', on the next screen don't forget to click the *free shipping* option to get your free shipping (if your order was over $25). I would make sure you enter the 20% off code BEFORE you enter the 10% off code you receive via email...I'm not totally sure but I think this takes more off your order this way. (Worth a shot anyway!)

I heard the website says the free ship code only works until around midnight tonight, so if you want to take advantage of that, do it soon! Also, I just heard they are having a body butter sale. You also get one free solid perfume sample for orders over $25, and two free samples for orders over $50.

Here is what my order looks like:

Quantity Product Unit Price Total Price
1 0042003 - Island Vanilla Take Me There Set $18.00 $18.00 1 0062622 - Color Quench Lip Tint - Sugared Fig $7.00 $7.00 1 0052003 - Island Vanilla Reed Diffuser $16.00 $16.00 1 0057108 - Brazilian Mango Grapefruit Solid Perfume - .1 oz Sample $2.00 $2.00 1 0057112 - Indian Coconut Nectar Solid Perfume - .1 oz Sample $2.00 $2.00 1 0057104 - Mexican Cocoa Solid Perfume - .1 oz Sample $2.00 $2.00 1 0057105 - Tibetan Mountain Temple Solid Perfume - .1 oz Sample $2.00 $2.00 1 0057103 - Island Vanilla Solid Perfume - .1 oz Sample $2.00 $2.00 1 0057136 - Waikiki Pikake Solid Perfume - .1 oz Sample $0.00 $0.00 1 0057137 - Hawaiian Ruby Guava Solid Perfume - .1 oz Sample $0.00 $0.00     Products Subtotal:  $51.00     IPSY you got 20% off your order!: -$7.78
    Free Lip Quench with Purchase: -$7.00
    10% Off for Completing Order: -$5.10
    SELECT FREE U.S. GROUND SHIPPING: $0.00
    Total: $31.12

Originally Posted by tinapickles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I cannot get my extra 10% off to work with the Freequench25. It only takes one or the other.
That's bizarre because it's been working for lots of other people :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

All I can tell u is to put the codes in the box like this-

freeship25

Beauty20 

freequench25

(your 10% off code)

Then click off the free shipping option on the next screen to fully update the cart total. I'm not sure if they changed it since last night, but that might be the case! I would try it with the 20% and 10% only and see if those two come off...maybe they tweaked it so that we can't use the 20% and 10% together?

Ah ha! Figured it out. The 10% off was taking my total below $25 which negated the freequenchers25 code. I probably won't order now.

Originally Posted by tinapickles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah ha! Figured it out. The 10% off was taking my total below $25 which negated the freequenchers25 code.

I probably won't order now.

Weird. I had $26 worth of product in my cart this morning and I was able to use all 4 codes. 

The price of the lip quench is added to your total before they discount it back off. It should not be affected by the percent off discounts.

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Weird. I had $26 worth of product in my cart this morning and I was able to use all 4 codes. 

The price of the lip quench is added to your total before they discount it back off. It should not be affected by the percent off discounts.
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Your or anyone's 'base' order needs to be $25, then add the Lip Tint and the Lip Tint code will essentially give you that product for free.  Which your order did.

I had to place an order too... I haven't even received my ipsy bag yet to see if I got anything there, but I didn't want to miss the free shipping code and I received a pacifica order yesterday with 14 perfume tin samples, so I was able to decide what I like the best! I really liked California star jasmine, French lilac, Tahitian gardenia, Indian coconut nectar, Island vanilla and Tibetan mountain temple, but my absolutely favorite is Waikiki Pikake.. it's so exotic I fell in love with it, and I found it to be stronger and more long lasting than the others! So, I ordered the Waikiki Pikake value set (this will be perfect for the summer) and the free fig lip quench! I was able to use all the codes! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Eva Papoutsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had to place an order too... I haven't even received my ipsy bag yet to see if I got anything there, but I didn't want to miss the free shipping code and I received a pacifica order yesterday with 14 perfume tin samples, so I was able to decide what I like the best! I really liked California star jasmine, French lilac, Tahitian gardenia, Indian coconut nectar, Island vanilla and Tibetan mountain temple, but my absolutely favorite is Waikiki Pikake.. it's so exotic I fell in love with it, and I found it to be stronger and more long lasting than the others! So, I ordered the Waikiki Pikake value set (this will be perfect for the summer) and the free fig lip quench! I was able to use all the codes! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oooh, awesome deal! Good job stacking all those codes!

I'm so glad you liked the Waikiki Pikake, I *LOVE* peacocks and all things Hawai'ian, so I definitely ordered that perfume sample!  

So excited!!!
roflmao.gif

I am really intrigued by Waikiki Pikake and ordered the sample in my last order. How would you describe the scent?

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so glad you liked the Waikiki Pikake, I *LOVE* peacocks and all things Hawai'ian, so I definitely ordered that perfume sample!  

So excited!!!
roflmao.gif
I blame you for all this, Mom. 
asskicking.gif
 LMAO

U and your good deal finding!

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I blame you for all this, Mom. 
asskicking.gif
 LMAO

U and your good deal finding!
Haha, I know, I'm a bad bad enabler!  Next time Ipsy should just send me some Pacifica in the first place and then this wouldn't happen!  
bud.gif

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am really intrigued by Waikiki Pikake and ordered the sample in my last order. How would you describe the scent?
ETA:  I have not received this sample yet, I'm just sharing the description from the website so hopefully Eva can tell us if it sounds anything like Pacifica's description.  Although I may eventually succumb to temptation and buy the set just for the cute little peacocks on the bottles!

Here's the description from the website:  A homage to the lush wooded and flowered paradise of old world Hawaii, this hauntingly beautiful blend combines sweet Pikake - a delicate, exquisite jasmine flower native to Hawaii - with sensuous and velvety sandalwood.

And "Brooke's Notes" on the inspiration behind it:  "In Hawaiian, pikake means both peacock and jasmine. The pikake flower was named by Hawaii's beloved Princess Kaiulani, who adorned herself in necklaces of the sweetly scented white flowers and compared its exotic beauty to the peacocks that roamed her garden. Another native of the islands, Hawaiian sandalwood, or`iliahi, is mythic in status. Hawaii was once known as the "Sandalwood Mountains" since the highly regarded sandalwood trees forested the islands. This blend is a homage to the lush wooded and flowered paradise that was old Hawaii."

So I was re-reading all the descriptions for all the flavors of solid perfume I ordered, and I noticed somewhere it said that you can layer them! I hadn't thought of that idea...layering them to make a new scent! I'm extremely excited by this revelation 
stupid.gif

I'm really excited about my order too!
biggrin.gif
  Well, I would say that Waikiki Pikake smells mostly like jasmin (which I looove), but it's a little warmer than you would expect a floral perfume to be (probably because of the sandalwood)! I also think it smells a little bit like the ocean.. if it makes any sense!
wink.gif
I'm not sure exactly how to describe it, but for me it is a perfect combination of floral, fresh, warm and sweet (but not too sweet)! I hope this helps a little bit!

I'm looking forward to using this set during the summer, and possibly layering it with a coconut based lotion-perfume for an even more exotic scent!!!

So excited!!!
roflmao.gif
Thanks! I know, it's such a great deal... I got the whole set (body wash, body lotion, perfume) + the lip quench for the price of the just the perfume! Aaand free shipping!!!
biggrin.gif
I just couldn't resist!

Let me know how you like it when you receive your order!
wink.gif

Haha, I know, I'm a bad bad enabler!  Next time Ipsy should just send me some Pacifica in the first place and then this wouldn't happen!  
bud.gif

ETA:  I have not received this sample yet, I'm just sharing the description from the website so hopefully Eva can tell us if it sounds anything like Pacifica's description.  Although I may eventually succumb to temptation and buy the set just for the cute little peacocks on the bottles!

Here's the description from the website:  A homage to the lush wooded and flowered paradise of old world Hawaii, this hauntingly beautiful blend combines sweet Pikake - a delicate, exquisite jasmine flower native to Hawaii - with sensuous and velvety sandalwood.

And "Brooke's Notes" on the inspiration behind it:  "In Hawaiian, pikake means both peacock and jasmine. The pikake flower was named by Hawaii's beloved Princess Kaiulani, who adorned herself in necklaces of the sweetly scented white flowers and compared its exotic beauty to the peacocks that roamed her garden. Another native of the islands, Hawaiian sandalwood, or`iliahi, is mythic in status. Hawaii was once known as the "Sandalwood Mountains" since the highly regarded sandalwood trees forested the islands. This blend is a homage to the lush wooded and flowered paradise that was old Hawaii."

The description is what sold it for me. I was looking up all of my favorite perfumes on Fragrantica and Basenotes last summer and they all have sandalwood in common. I have no idea what jasmine smells like but it's pretty, so there's that. lol

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I was re-reading all the descriptions for all the flavors of solid perfume I ordered, and I noticed somewhere it said that you can layer them! I hadn't thought of that idea...layering them to make a new scent! I'm extremely excited by this revelation 
stupid.gif

That's why my second order is almost entirely perfume samples. I plan on doing a lot of layering experimentation then purchasing full size once I come up with combos I love. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'm really excited about my order too!
biggrin.gif
  Well, I would say that Waikiki Pikake smells mostly like jasmin (which I looove), but it's a little warmer than you would expect a floral perfume to be (probably because of the sandalwood)! I also think it smells a little bit like the ocean.. if it makes any sense!
wink.gif
I'm not sure exactly how to describe it, but for me it is a perfect combination of floral, fresh, warm and sweet (but not too sweet)! I hope this helps a little bit!

I'm looking forward to using this set during the summer, and possibly layering it with a coconut based lotion-perfume for an even more exotic scent!!!
That helps a lot actually. It sounds like something I will love! I definitely plan to layer it with coconut, as well as others. I'm going to go totally mad scientist once I receive my orders. 
smilehappyyes.gif

I placed an order today right before midnight to take advantage of the free shipping. I put the items in my cart yesterday after I created my account, and I never received an additional 10% off code. My order was $26 including the lip quench, and all the codes I had worked for me. It was not a very big order, but I wanted to try some of the stuff out. I saw that you could normally get 5 sample perfumes plus shipping for $12.75, so I didn't think it was a terrible deal to get 6 samples + 2 lip quenches for $15.20 shipped. I won't be crushed if I don't get any Pacifica products in my second bag, because I have quite a few of their products coming my way now. 

Hi enablers! So I bought the $25 for $50 deal someone on the ipsy thread posted about. You can't combine this with ANY coupon codes. I was wondering when the IPSY code expires for those of you who already got your bags and might know. This Total Beauty deal expires in July and I want to know which deal I would benefit more using now. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back