SPRING CLEANING!!!!! The Official Toss 10 Challenge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So.....I have way too many beauty items and have decided to pare down a bit by tossing 10 more things this spring.  Most of these are just out of my train case on my bathroom counter.

I challenge each of you to the Official Toss 10 this spring.  Can you do it?!?

Here is what I tossed and why:

1. Juice Beauty blemish clearing serum: I never could get over the texture or the smell of this, but when I did use it worked ok.  Ahh, if I could have only got over the smell. I would go to bed and catch a nasty whiff and yucko.  So buh-buy!
  2. Avon Foot Works watermelon cooling lotion:  Smelled amazing and someone gave me this as a gift.  The only problem was that it is a bright fuscia thin liquid that seeped through and stained my socks and sheets.  Hasta la vista!
  3. My Glam pink gloss:  At one time I was applying this everyday. But it's pretty sticky and I haven't reached for this in a good long while.  Retail space is valuable so it's hitting the pavement.
  4. Lancôme concealer sample:  Too yellow for my skin tone.  I kept it in my overnight bag for awhile but I was always like "meh" when I had to use it.  It's about 1/2 empty.  See ya later!
  5. Bronze booster Murad:  Way too orangey for me.  I keep thinking it might look better later in the summer when I have some color.  But I'm pretty pale and have other products I love.
  6. The Balm Stainiac: Love this.  I'm pitching it because the small bit that's left is looking funky and I recently purchased the large size during the Balm's 50% sale.
  7. Stila smudge stick:  I have like 25 eyeliners and this one is somewhat dried out and pulls my eyelids when I apply it.  It was from Sample Society so who knows how old it was before I received it.
  8. Benefit Highbeam:  I think this sample is a few years old and I since I recently acquired the Watt's Up I'm ditching this, too.
  9. Benefit Ooh La Lift: Ooh la WTF?  I could never see any difference when I used this.  I gave it about 4 chances and really saw no difference at all.
  10. Dermstore Lip Quench:  I have been working on getting through this since I received it in a Myglam bag (or was it Ipsy then?)  The texture lately seems goopier to me so It might be in my head, but I think it's past it's prime.  I might buy this again in the future after I get through my 10 other tubes of balm (LOL eco-emi)

I've been getting rid of stuff all month. Here's the last few items that I got rid of.

1. Revlon Lipstick in Velvet Rose - I love the color but I can't make it work for my skintone and I can't come up with any good looks with it.

2. ULTA X-Dry nail polish - I haven't used it and I have something better.

3. Sally Hansen nail polish in Posh Plum - I hate the way this looks in natural light. It looks too flashy/wild for me. I should have swatched it before buying.

4. Sephora Glitter liner in black - IT BURNS AND ITCHES!!!! Enough said.

5. Covergirl Flipstick in Vixen - I just don't use it. I don't like the finish or the color on me. A month or so ago I brought a bunch of lipsticks thinking that I'll wear them but I don't.

6. ULTA lipsticks in 200 and 219 - The color always ends up on my teeth. I don't like the way 219 looks on me. Also, I hate the smell of these.

7. Revlon eyelash curler - I got an Shu Uemura eyelash curler. It's better.

8. Maybelline Eyestudio shadow in Carbon Frost - It's powdery (probably because it's old) and I already have too many shadows. This goes unused. 

9. Maybelline lip gloss in Plum Luster - Pretty color but this does not look good on me at all!

10. Revlon lipstick in Rich Berry - Once again, a pretty color but I don't like the way it looks on me.

I am so glad someone made this thread because I was thinking about making a similar thread too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Over the past few weeks I have thrown away lots of products that I just never used.  Here is a selection of them:

1. Benefit Lip Plump - I do not remember the exact name of this but it was some sort of lip plumper by Benefit that came in a set.  I don't like the feeling of lip plumpers in general so I tossed it (I liked everything else in the set though).

2. Tarte Lip Gloss - This particular gloss came in a set.  I had used up half the tube before realizing that I just don't like it.  In general I love Tarte glosses and have many of them, but this particular one had large chunks of glitter in it that would stick to my lips after the gloss wore off.  I wasn't a fan.

3. NYX Blush - Did not like the color.

4. NYX Jumbo Eye Stick - Dragged on my lids.

5. Benefit Double Ended Lip Gloss - I liked this but I dropped it and it broke.

6. Eos Lip Balm (Summer Fruit and Sweet Mint) - On my lips these are counter productive,  They dry out my lips.

7. Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in RSVP - I LOVE Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadows but this particular one I had for a while (years) it just didn't perform the same way anymore and was kind of dried up.

8. Shiseido Lacquer Rouge - I just couldn't get this to work for me.

9. POP Pouty Pop Crayon in Petal Passion - This did absolutely nothing for me.  It looks baby pink in the tube but applies completely translucent. 

10. Various Ulta Brand Products - I had received some of these as gifts, bought a couple of things myself and received even more as gift with purchases.  Besides the super shiny lip glosses and automatic eyeliners, everything else I had was utter junk.  I tossed it all and never plan to buy an Ulta brand products again.

11. 10-15 Nail Polishes - They were just old and no longer applied as smoothly. 

Getting rid of unwanted makeup is LIBERATING! 

I did a big purge a couple of month's ago but did find a few items to let go: ELF berry lip stain - I would have tossed it sooner because it is nearly dried up but I love the color. Living Proof nourishing styling cream - this product made my hair limp and lifeless. Lip gloss - don't recall the brand but this gloss was super sparkly. Felt like strobe lights were affixed to my lips. NYX lip gloss- this is goopy 2 body lotions that I didn't care for the scent. Two of my sisters were happy to take them off my hands.

Latest posts

Back