Sign in to follow this  
zentea

Anyone get ripped off in an Ipsy facebook swap?

I was just wondering if anyone has heard of people being scammed or not receiving their items when they thought they were swapping Ipsy items over their facebook page swap forum. 

I'm new to Ipsy and was just going to trade a perfume but was wondering if there's been issues with people not receiving their items. Or does it seem like most people on there are honest and follow through?

Thanks in advance for any stories anyone might have!

I've only ever participated in one trade via facebook, and it was with a lady for julep products, everything went smoothly and I'd like to think that *most* people are honest, but you can never trust everyone.

I actually have seen a few swaplifts occur on the Ipsy swap forum (on Ipsy's Facebook wall) but this way last year when it was still MyGlam. I remember one particular lady managed to rip off one well known blogger (whose name escapes me at the moment but I remember she vlogged about it). While most people are honest the problem with Facebook is that there are no safeguards in place.

Here on MUT we have the feedback system and an unforgiving administrator (me) so when I catch wind of a swaplifter or scammer on our site I tend to revoke that person's access to the trading post (I don't outright ban them so that the member can still have contact with the person in an attempt to get their swap). I've only had to revoke two or three people's access in the time I've been CM here but too was last year when we weren't enforcing the rules on using the feedback system. This is why we require members to create their own classifieds so the feedback system can be used and we're able to see who is having a positive trade and who is getting negatives. It won't stop someone who is determined to cheat another person but it is a good deterrent since there are a few other requirements to be met before the B/S/T area can be used.

Thanks for the replies guys!

I'm going to go through with the one swap that I've already set up and then I probably won't bother with swapping in the future since it's kind of a hassle! I just had to exchange that Pacifica Gardenia perfume roller - seems like such a fun product but the scent gives me a headache! Hopefully this will work out and the vanilla one will be better for me. 

Swapping can be a bit of a hassle if you're not set up for it. For prolific swappers it's easier to reuse the bubble mailers and spend $10 on a digital kitchen scale then use Paypal's merchant ship to print shipping labels since it's cheaper and you get a tracking #.

• Like 1

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Swapping can be a bit of a hassle if you're not set up for it. For prolific swappers it's easier to reuse the bubble mailers and spend $10 on a digital kitchen scale then use Paypal's merchant ship to print shipping labels since it's cheaper and you get a tracking #.

That's a great idea - that would make swapping a lot easier!