Birchbox June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It feels like its barely may, but birchbox posted a behind the scenes for June on Instagram:
I think the grey tube is the origins clear improvement mask!

Looks like some nail polishes all the way to the left. The purple one looks interesting!

(Edited to white out some spoilers. Sorry about that!)

I am blind, haha I can't tell what anything in that picture is except for the nailpolishes!

I see Color Club neon polishes, and what appears to be the Suki foaming cleanser between the Origins clay mask and the polishes. 

Other than that, I can't make anything else out.

I see Color Club neon polishes, and what appears to be the Suki foaming cleanser between the Origins clay mask and the polishes.  Other than that, I can't make anything else out.
I don't know what's the deal with Color Club polishes? What's so special about them? I recieved a sample of that in rose gold back in Dec. It was the worst polish ever. It may have worked great for others great. I use bonder polish, basecoat, color polish two coats, sealant top coat and quick dry top coat and it lasted at least 5 to 6 days with Zoya, OPI, Sephora OPI, Lippmann, Illamasqua, and Essie.

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know what's the deal with Color Club polishes? What's so special about them? I recieved a sample of that in rose gold back in Dec. It was the worst polish ever. It may have worked great for others great. I use bonder polish, basecoat, color polish two coats, sealant top coat and quick dry top coat and it lasted at least 5 to 6 days with Zoya, OPI, Sephora OPI, Lippmann, Illamasqua, and Essie.
Yeah I really hate getting Color Club polishes from them, for me, the formula is awful and doesn't last long at all. I wish they'd sent out some more Zoya minis!

I like Color Club,  I received a green color last summer that was really pretty that lasted a week.  I've since purchased full sized sets at Ross, 7 or 8 polishes for $8.  I wouldn't pay $8 a bottle probably but its not bad polish.  Birchbox probably gets them free so they're pimping them out.  I think Ruby Wing actually has a really bad consistency and chips quickly.  

I like Color Club,  I received a green color last summer that was really pretty that lasted a week.  I've since purchased full sized sets at Ross, 7 or 8 polishes for $8.  I wouldn't pay $8 a bottle probably but its not bad polish.  Birchbox probably gets them free so they're pimping them out.  I think Ruby Wing actually has a really bad consistency and chips quickly.  
I disagree about Ruby Wing. I had the Poppy color on my toes and used Bonder, basecoat, two coats of color, sealant coat and quick dry coat. It lasted 3 weeks with NO CHIPS. I exfoliate my feet daily to keep it soft and moist; no problems. Maybe water quality, or hand soap quality may have interfere polishes quality? I use Bath Body Works hand foaming soap (I know it's so bad for skin and so on but it is the only soap I like that comes with fragances that I get bored easily) It allows me to switch and discover more new fragances; yet, it's cheap. (7 for $21) It also helped with my polishes that does not cause it to fade or chip quickly. The freshness of bonder, basecoat, and dry top coats make a BIG difference to lasting a polish. I prefer mini bottles as well because freshness on nail polishes are usually up to a year.

I disagree about Ruby Wing. I had the Poppy color on my toes and used Bonder, basecoat, two coats of color, sealant coat and quick dry coat. It lasted 3 weeks with NO CHIPS. I exfoliate my feet daily to keep it soft and moist; no problems. Maybe water quality, or hand soap quality may have interfere polishes quality? I use Bath Body Works hand foaming soap (I know it's so bad for skin and so on but it is the only soap I like that comes with fragances that I get bored easily) It allows me to switch and discover more new fragances; yet, it's cheap. (7 for $21) It also helped with my polishes that does not cause it to fade or chip quickly. The freshness of bonder, basecoat, and dry top coats make a BIG difference to lasting a polish. I prefer mini bottles as well because freshness on nail polishes are usually up to a year.

Maybe I'm just not doing a good job of painting my nails.  I wouldn't have the patience to use all of that, even when I get a manicure I've never been anywhere that has used a bonder or a sealant coat.  I generally use a basecoat, two coats and a topcoat.  As far as the soap I usually use natural, fragrance free soaps.  

On

I can get anything to last on my feet....ruby wings has been on my toes for over two weeks, but couldn't get it to last more than a day or two on my nails! Color club was better on my nails for me

Originally Posted by Antidentite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just picking this post to quote since it mentions both Color Club and Ruby Wing:  They're the same company.  If you sign up for email from Color Club, you will get Ruby Wing promotional emails as well.  Ruby Wing is just Color Club's color changing polish.  

Just picking this post to quote since it mentions both Color Club and Ruby Wing:  They're the same company.  If you sign up for email from Color Club, you will get Ruby Wing promotional emails as well.  Ruby Wing is just Color Club's color changing polish.  
Interesting. Color Club feels thin, flimsy and hard to paint (tend to run out color quickly in between and dries too fast) Ruby Wing feels thick and pigmented that dries quickly similar to Sinful Colors polishes.

I always see tons of color club nail polishes in the little girls section at TJ Maxx. I thought it was a brand geared toward children?

Originally Posted by AshJs3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always see tons of color club nail polishes in the little girls section at TJ Maxx. I thought it was a brand geared toward children?
I don't think that's totally true. In my fiance's small town a lot of the nail salons there carry a lot of Color Club colors. Plus I usually find it in the general makeup section in drug stores.

Color Club is hit or miss with me.  I've had terrible luck with their creams, but their halographic and foil polishes have been phenomenal for me. For one thing, I really hate the brush in the sample size bottles you get from BB, their full-size brush is much better.  My favorite creams are Zoya and my favorite neons are China Glaze.  I don't think I've ever met a brand that hits on every collection.    

Latest posts

Back