Nars Sin Dupe? (Where the heck are the brown-based pink-less plums?)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, I'm about to go crazy here. I've been on the hunt for two days, trying to find a dupe for Nars Sin, and I can't find anything that hasn't been discontinued or is off in color. Nars is a little expensive for me (I usually don't like to spend over $20 on a single makeup item), and plus, despite the color being perfect, it also has a shimmer. I'm looking for something clean and matte.

I was really excited to try NYC Raisin, seemed like a godsend, but I just found out is was discontinued (Why in the world?!). It seemed perfect in every way, so that was a letdown.

Then, by a stroke of dumb luck (not really...) I found another cheap drugstore brand with the perfect color I'm looking for - Milani Temptation. Phew, good thing that's available. Whoops! That was discontinued as well... (Yet another?! Damnit!)

Again, I ran into another cool plum,  but this time, is was Mac. A bit higher end, but still cheaper than Nars and didn't have that shimmer that I hate. This was Mac Dirty Plum. I go to the site, and to my amazement - DISCONTINUED (Are you freaking kidding me?)

Anybody know anything left I could try? Other 'plums' are pink-based, which I hate. Mac Breath of Plum is along the lines of what I want, but it's not a brown-based plum, more pink based. What I just have to suck it up and buy Nars? Anyone use anything moderately priced to achieve a look like this: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RxoMIciKB9U/Sxre25eWQzI/AAAAAAAAENg/qL1AJ3cZfq4/s400/018_edited-1.jpg ?

Sorry I don't seem to have a dupe that doesn't have a bit of pink or shimmer, but if you go on Ebay I know you can get discontinued products at close to their original price. I looked up on ebay Milani Temptation and i saw several sellers with this blush up for sale for around 4-10 dollars.

It looks pretty darn close to 2 elf blushes I own, berry merry and mellow mauve I encourage you to check out swatches online, they're so cheap but amazingly beautiful.

Sin is my favourite Nars blush, and one of my favourite blushes altogether. I haven't found a satisfactory dupe for it yet, but Sin is now also being discontinued *sigh* So if you haven't found anything close yet I would suggest you suck it up and buy one before it becomes scarcely available :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Try blog sales if you want it cheaper than retail.

I just checked online and MAC's Breath of Plum is on the website. Maybe they relaunched it?

Back