*Spoilers* POPSUGAR Must Have Summer Special Edition for Him April, 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
They just posted it!  What do you guys think? I am kicking it around, just not sure.  There are some good codes about, but $100 is a chunk of change.

Ha! I saw this thread and was like, what happened to all of the replies?! Then I saw it was for him. Anyway, yes I will be getting this. My husband is so excited!

I just tested them and the indeed will not work for a special edition box (whomp, whomp).  Are you thinking of getting it?

Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just tested them and the indeed will not work for a special edition box (whomp, whomp).  Are you thinking of getting it?
I'm very, very tempted...I got my boyfriend the luxury box as part of his Christmas present but I don't really have any gift giving occasions coming up. I mentioned it to him and his response was "What? I need this." so I'm really hoping he springs for it himself and I can just peek at the goodies he gets.

I don't have any gift giving occasions coming up for my boyfriend either but that's never stopped me before. I got him the luxury box in December and the contents were not a fit in terms of what makes him happy. I will let him know about it and weigh his reaction. I think popsugar is going to have to clue me in on some spoilers though. I know of several gifts in that price range that he would love and I wouldn't have to worry about it.

Just asked him and he is decidedly not interested. Unless popsugar comes out with an amazing spoiler that would delight him specifically, it's a no go.

Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have any gift giving occasions coming up for my boyfriend either but that's never stopped me before. I got him the luxury box in December and the contents were not a fit in terms of what makes him happy. I will let him know about it and weigh his reaction. I think popsugar is going to have to clue me in on some spoilers though. I know of several gifts in that price range that he would love and I wouldn't have to worry about it.
I'm kind of on the fence with this one.  My bf's b-day isn't until November, x-Mas and V-day are all gone for awhile, so I have no gifting occasions either.  Both my dad and brother's b-days are already past as well (earlier this month and Feb).  I could use it for possibly father's day gifts for my brother and father (provided the box comes before Father's Day), but I can't be sure that they'd use any of the items from the Dec box.  I was able to gift some of the items from the Dec box (which I bought from another MUT member) as V-day gifts for my bf.  I sold some of the items on eBay and I kept some of the items for myself.  

If I were to buy this box, it would be mostly for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just keep remembering how sad I was when I realized the Lux box I ordered for him was not going to be a fit.  He was very sweet about it but it was just such a bummer for me.  I take responsibility for that decision, but I do not need to be making the same mistakes twice.  Also, I do not see it being a box for me as there were a fair amount of items appropriately targeted at his gender.

I should say that I do not regret getting the women's Lux box.  I was not in love with it, but I have enjoyed what I got. The only way POPSUGAR has a shot of me buying this box is if they release a really good spoiler.

I agree about the spoiler- I will not be buying this one without a list. I also bought the men's luxury box and was so disappointed.

I don't think it's that unlikely that they'll release a spoiler. After all, they had a MUCH harder time selling the men's luxury box than the women's one. Then they released a spoiler for the women's summer box, and it seems like they had a harder time selling the women's summer box than the women's luxury box. I'm hoping they they release a spoiler out of desperation for more sales soon.

I kept a few of the items from the men's box, gave a few to my bf for V-day and sold a few on eBay.  Overall it was a win for me, but that's only because I as able to use some of the items for V-day gifts.  Not really sure what I'd do this time around.  

My boyfriend, I mean fiance, (wow, thats hard to get used to!) actually liked the lux box so he probably wouldn't mind this. he enjoys random things but we're trying to be good and not spend too much money. And since I didn't get the summer box, he's not getting one either!! lol!  I just can't dish out the money for these random boxes again.

So is anyone actually buying this box? I was thinking about it. There doesn't seem to be much interest in this box on here, anyway. I purchased the mens lux in Dec. And my husband loved it. For that box they only had 1000 like the womens and it took months for them to sell out, but the womens took only hours. (I was purchaser 11 and kinda felt silly it took forever for them to sellout cause I bought it immedietly, lol.) This time it even took the womens summer fun box a long time to sell out, so it will be interesting to see what this mens box does. It would be nice to know how many they offered this time, like the luxury box countdown. I've often wondered how many monthly members they have, too.

Not buying this one!  I was really hoping that they'd drop the price down to at least $75, but doesn't look like they're going to do that.  I purchased the last "for him" luxury box as well and my husband and I didn't care for any of it other than the cool flask (which is sitting on a shelf gathering dust) and the razors.  The rest got gifted or tossed - I just don't have the time to invest in trying to resell anything.  So I have a lot of hesitation towards another "for him" box, especially at that price.  And since the last few regular PopSugar boxes have been slowly going downhill, I'm not even sure how much longer I want to stick with this company at all - and I was one of the first to subscribe in the beginning, and one of their vocal supporters with several referrals!  No longer, it seems.. they have been consistently disappointing me and I can't afford $100 worth of disappointment anymore.

Latest posts

Back