How do your store all your Julep polishes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Before becoming a maven I didn't have many nail polishes at all, and now I have a TON! I've been thinking about trying to construct some sort of rack for them (right now they live in a locked cabinet that my toddler still somehow manages to find her way into) but I'm not sure if I could pull it off.

How do you ladies store your (probably many, haha) Julep bottles?

Too many! My collection actually is sitting on the floor behind me in various boxes and on my desk. I don't even want to look at those bottles because it's THAT many. LOL

I have a caboodles box, but it's rapidly running out of room!  I either need to use a few bottles up or  buy something bigger.

I've got two toddlers, so I need something lockable and easy to hide.

I didn't have an open/spare surface for a  holder or rack, so I got one of those jewelry holders that hang and use it.  I like that I can see the colors quickly and easily.

Stealing this idea!

Originally Posted by lloronita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't have an open/spare surface for a  holder or rack, so I got one of those jewelry holders that hang and use it.  I like that I can see the colors quickly and easily.

I was using a little hand-made wall rack, I had no idea how quickly my collection would outgrow it.  Now I am using a glitter holder/rack that I picked up at TJ Maxx for about $5 bucks.  I turn them to the 'swatch' side once I have tried them, and I leave the ones I haven't tried with the clear, no writing side up.  It does take up a lot of space though. I really like that jewelry holder idea. I think I will switch to that when this fills up:

That is a really great idea. I may have to steal it to. Wonder how may it holds. lol

Originally Posted by lloronita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Most of my polishes are in a Helmer (it's just about time for another one!), but my Julep polishes are in one of the long (they're about 4"x4"x11") boxes that Birchbox sends full-sized orders in.  They used to be in the Helmer as well, but they tipped over every time I opened or closed a drawer.  I think one box will hold around 75 Julep bottles.  I'm nowhere near that with Julep, but I do have something like five of these boxes if I need to expand!

I bought a case of the Container Store basic shoe boxes.  They're under $2 each, and stack nicely in my closet.  They're 4 1/4" high which is absolutely perfect for the nail polishes I own (I don't have any Julep polishes though. They fit all of the polishes I have though, height wise).

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/closet/shoeStorage/shelf?productId=10001753&N=154

I like that they're see through, so I can tell which box of polishes I'm grabbing, too.

Those are awesome ideas! I saw someone on FB stored their Julep  in Luxe boxes. Might have to see if I still saved mine.

Quote: Is it this one? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WVBEH8/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ir
As soon as you had posted that I looked at Amazon and ordered that one, haha. I am so excited to get it!!
Please do update us on how that holds up. The picture makes me think it is a thin plastic that won't hold up very well. I use little totes that I got at Wal-Mart for $0.98 for all my polishes. They stack nicely next to my desk. I had 50+ Juleps in there with room for more.

Here's my current nail polish/beauty sample storage cabinet.  This is an old CD tower that my husband was holding onto in the garage for some reason. The "drawers" are Birchboxes and Sample Society boxes (boxes and lids both worked).  For the nail colors, I sorted them into color groups and then used some coordinating gift tag stickers in matching colors to label each box.  I also lined the boxes with coordinating tissue paper.  It's so nice to be able to quickly pull out a box to see what colors I have, and also prevents me from buying more polish if the boxes are full!  (Well, sort of.) 

I also love this system for all of my beauty samples (which are at the bottom of the cabinet).  I have my face products, body products, and hair products sorted into separate containers so I can quickly pull out what I need for travel or if I want to try something new!  

Now if only I could get my makeup organized...my vanity looks like a Sephora exploded on it.  

I actually bought salon style nail polish racks from amazon. I love them and they make my collection so organized and easy to see.

I was inspired to reorganize my polish collection this morning.  This is my laundry/linen/storage room, which has also turned into a "junk" room.  It definitely need cleaning/reorganizing.

Before:

After:

I arranged roughly by color family, but the Julep polishes got their own row because they line up so nicely against the wall.  This shelf is about a foot below eye level, so it's easy to see everything.

Originally Posted by keepcalmcarryon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Is it this one? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WVBEH8/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 As soon as you had posted that I looked at Amazon and ordered that one, haha. I am so excited to get it!!
Sorry it took so long to reply. I missed the updates on this thread. That is the exact one I have. I have 2 stacked on the wall. I will post a picture later. So far I really like it. It is better than the polishes on top of my dresser.

Originally Posted by AMaas /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's my current nail polish/beauty sample storage cabinet.  This is an old CD tower that my husband was holding onto in the garage for some reason. The "drawers" are Birchboxes and Sample Society boxes (boxes and lids both worked).  For the nail colors, I sorted them into color groups and then used some coordinating gift tag stickers in matching colors to label each box.  I also lined the boxes with coordinating tissue paper.  It's so nice to be able to quickly pull out a box to see what colors I have, and also prevents me from buying more polish if the boxes are full!  (Well, sort of.) 

I also love this system for all of my beauty samples (which are at the bottom of the cabinet).  I have my face products, body products, and hair products sorted into separate containers so I can quickly pull out what I need for travel or if I want to try something new!  

Now if only I could get my makeup organized...my vanity looks like a Sephora exploded on it.  
That's awesome! 

Mine are personally just stored in a shoebox :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my shelf in (awhile ago but I've been busy, haha.) It's really heavy duty plastic- acrylic? But I was surprised at how heavy it was and we had to put it in with wall anchors. I'm really happy with it and I can't wait to fill it out (the Julep shelf has grown considerably since I took this picture!)

Latest posts

Back