Do you use Nail Polish Dryer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally can't justify spending the extra money on that. If I'm really in a pinch I use things like the ice water trick, my DeMert nail enamel dryer or a regular old fan. But usually my Seche Vite works like a charm.

I've used the nail drying sprays, which seem to work alright, but I think for the most part nail drying fans, uv lights, and air drying techniques only differ drying time by maybe a minute or so. I could be wrong, but I think the thickness of the polish is the big factor here.

I use a fast dry top coat.  Seche Vite to be exact.  I wouldn't do my nails if I had to wait more than 15 minutes for my polish to set.  I don't have the patience for that.

As far as whether it's ok/safe to use, I'm sure it's safe to use (well, as long as the product itself is not gimmicky or has electrical failures or something).  If it's just blowing air onto your nails, I don't see the harm in that.

I usually just do my nails as I'm watching tv, so they get about 30 minutes to dry before I actually do anything with my hands.  A good top coat will help immensely though, because if your polish were to get "touched" by anything, it's just going to disturb the clear later, instead of your actual colored laquer.

I've heard that soaking your nails in ice water for 3 minutes helps them to dry, too, but I haven't tried that one.

I've tried Zoya's drying oil, but I always use Seche Vite on top of my nails, so I'm not sure if I really noticed much of a difference.  Multiple thin layers of laquer do dry faster than one thick layer though.  I have the hardest problem with cream colors with this.  They seem to apply unevenly so even with multiple layers I'll have some parts that are still transparent, but if I apply a thicker layer to try to hide it, it'll still get scratched 24 hours later.  If I stick with thin layers that dry faster, it usually works better (some cream colors nails I'll end up doing 5-6 layers because of this instead of my usual 2-3 layers).

i use top coat with wax. you have to use it 2 minutes after the nail polish. the wax seals it and the nails dry faster

For regular nail polish, i am using a mini uspicy nail dryer like this : 

which help to dry nails faster; but for I like gel nail much better due to its shiny look , so i also have a 7w led nail lamp for my gel nails, it would save me a lot without going to the nail salon: 

Originally Posted by Theken /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i use top coat with wax. you have to use it 2 minutes after the nail polish. the wax seals it and the nails dry faster
I am quite confused, how do you use the wax when curing nails? should the nails get totally dry before you using the wax?? would it be possible that the nails get peel if the nail is not dry enough when you apply the wax. Could you show the step to us how you do it ?

Back