Sample Society June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I figured I'd go ahead a start a thread for June, just because. Here's to hoping June's boxes are WAY better than May's! 

I really hope June is better. I can not complain too much. May is the first time I was really disappointed with SS.

Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope they do a better job this month. I told myself I would give a box 3 months before I cancelled, and this is my 3rd month for Sample Society. 
Mine too, and I'm very seriously thinking the same thing. I really think they could do better. I want to see new stuff! If Ipsy can send out brand new Urban Decay eyeshadows and Zoya polishes, I would think Allure and Beauty Bar could do the same!

Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine too, and I'm very seriously thinking the same thing. I really think they could do better. I want to see new stuff! If Ipsy can send out brand new Urban Decay eyeshadows and Zoya polishes, I would think Allure and Beauty Bar could do the same!
I feel the same way, but Sample Society did have Butter London polish a couple of months ago.  Beauty Bar doesn't carry Urban Decay or Zoya so we'll never see those 2 brands in our boxes.  It just seems to be the same brands month after month though.  I like the brands they have included, but I think they should have more of a variety of brands.  I want something different.

Originally Posted by Tigerlilly6309 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel the same way, but Sample Society did have Butter London polish a couple of months ago.  Beauty Bar doesn't carry Urban Decay or Zoya so we'll never see those 2 brands in our boxes.  It just seems to be the same brands month after month though.  I like the brands they have included, but I think they should have more of a variety of brands.  I want something different.
Right, I got you. I'm just using the UD and Zoya as examples of new products that brands are sending out in subs. The UD shadows from Ipsy just came out, and the Zoya polishes were from this year's spring collection, which is pretty new. The Butter London polishes were all colors from old collections. I'm saying it would be nice to see new products from these brands. For example, it would have been cool if those Butter London polishes were from their spring collection from THIS year. A lot of the brands in last month's box all have newer products out, but they sent out the same things they've sent out before that have been around for awhile. I wouldn't mind seeing as much of the same brands if they'd just send out newer products.

Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Right, I got you. I'm just using the UD and Zoya as examples of new products that brands are sending out in subs. The UD shadows from Ipsy just came out, and the Zoya polishes were from this year's spring collection, which is pretty new. The Butter London polishes were all colors from old collections. I'm saying it would be nice to see new products from these brands. For example, it would have been cool if those Butter London polishes were from their spring collection from THIS year. A lot of the brands in last month's box all have newer products out, but they sent out the same things they've sent out before that have been around for awhile. I wouldn't mind seeing as much of the same brands if they'd just send out newer products.
I do know what you mean.  I was happy to see the Deborah Lippmann polish a few months back, but the shade Private Dancer had been around for a couple years.  I would love to see another Deborah Lippman in one of the newer shades.

Last summer I got a lot of self tanners. SPF products and beachy hair products.  What I would like to see now is a bronzer.  It would be season appropriate and I don't think Sample Society has included one before.  I would also like to see pedicure type things - a Butter London or Deborah Lippmann foot cream product maybe? 

Last month was my first sample society box and it was the one I was sure I would love but alas that's not the case. Hopefully it gets better this month or I may just cancel and only get the Allure beauty box which was nothing short of amazing. I'm not one to venture out of my realm of salon hair products but there are some I really enjoyed.

Originally Posted by Tigerlilly6309 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do know what you mean.  I was happy to see the Deborah Lippmann polish a few months back, but the shade Private Dancer had been around for a couple years.  I would love to see another Deborah Lippman in one of the newer shades.

Last summer I got a lot of self tanners. SPF products and beachy hair products.  What I would like to see now is a bronzer.  It would be season appropriate and I don't think Sample Society has included one before.  I would also like to see pedicure type things - a Butter London or Deborah Lippmann foot cream product maybe? 
A bronzer would be cool! No one ever sends out bronzers (like a pressed or loose powder bronzer), but they always send out self-tanners, which is something pasty white me never uses. I know I'm not the only one on that either. But bronzer I can use, either as a blush or for contouring. I would also love to see some crazy good makeup setting sprays, or something like that. Things that EVERYONE can use in the heat!

Hello All! I have been getting the Sample Society for a few months and I just saw on Instagram under beautybardotcom that the June box may have Illume candles? Can someone please confirm this? I may end up dropping Sample Society if I get a candle in a box that should reflect Summer. I am not sure how to link the post but it is under #SampleSociety on Instagram.

Originally Posted by 4myangels143 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello All! I have been getting the Sample Society for a few months and I just saw on Instagram under beautybardotcom that the June box may have Illume candles? Can someone please confirm this? I may end up dropping Sample Society if I get a candle in a box that should reflect Summer. I am not sure how to link the post but it is under #SampleSociety on Instagram.
Really? This is my first month on this sub, but I would LOVE a candle! Especially for the summer, with the windows open, a late afternoon storm, and some candles burning! (Okay I have clearly read too many Nicholas Sparks books)

I would not have a problem with a candle during a different time like Valentine's Day or even Christmas but Sample Society prides themselves on providing 5 deluxe size samples relating to beauty. Now if the candle is an extra 6th item then I am ok with it but for the Summer months I would think they would be looking into items like maybe a bronzer, eye shadows even a new and improved luxury deodorant would be ok. I am trying to hang on but I hope June is not a total waste.

Really? This is my first month on this sub, but I would LOVE a candle! Especially for the summer, with the windows open, a late afternoon storm, and some candles burning! (Okay I have clearly read too many Nicholas Sparks books)
I would not have a problem with a candle during a different time like Valentine's Day or even Christmas but Sample Society prides themselves on providing 5 deluxe size samples relating to beauty. Now if the candle is an extra 6th item then I am ok with it but for the Summer months I would think they would be looking into items like maybe a bronzer, eye shadows even a new and improved luxury deodorant would be ok. I am trying to hang on but I hope June is not a total waste.

I agree! I think candles would be ok for fall or winter months.

Originally Posted by jilla1020 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree! I think candles would be ok for fall or winter months.
I burn candles year round.  Bring 'em on.  It's not for heat, but for scent.  

This is my keep it or lose it month for this one.  I liked the skin care samples I was getting to compliment the makeup ones from ipsy. But nothing exciting the last couple months.  We shall see....

I added lip factory because I really like lip products and playing with new makeup stuff, so I may lose this one and go back to finding my own skincare discoveries.

I have to say that a candle in a tin like that would be a great idea if the box theme involved travel. They're great to alleviate Stale Hotel Room Smell. Since this would be a box that could kick off summer travel season, it would be appropriate -- but preferably as a bonus sixth item because this sub has just not been impressing me lately. On the other hand, it would have been better in place of some of the stuff I've received the past couple of months. I might be headed back to the land of former subscribers depending on this month's box.

Latest posts

Back