Birchbox Man June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alright ladies (and gentlemen) I need your help to find the next spoiler video for the June Birchbox Man box! Last month was kind of meh for us so we're hoping for something great for June! Any ideas??

Odd, they haven't been really updating their tumblr (which is where I used to find spoilers/hints) and they start shipping in 4 days...but (on their facebook):

JUNE BOX SPOILER #1: Before BB Man editor Kyle tried this product from a certain British barber (pictured here), his girlfriend complained of irritated skin whenever she'd plant a kiss on him. But after just one use of this product, she was wanting to enjoy way more "face time." Can you guess what it is? When we hear from 50 of you, we'll reveal the product that you could be getting in your June box.

EDIT: the video is up

Thanks for the video barbyechick!

Eh, I am very meh this month- the sunglasses are pretty cool- but the other stuff is repeat brands...not sure if my bf will like this months stuff...*sigh*

Pretty sure my husband will be good with the products this month but will not go for the sunglasses.... the shape of the lenses are sort of hipster/metro style while he would prefer a more rugged outdoorsy lense.... and seriously, fold up sunglasses?? i am pretty sure I had some of those in 5th grade. But I think what bothers me the most is I am so tired of all these Birchbox branded lifestyle items! 

Originally Posted by emily9763 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pretty sure my husband will be good with the products this month but will not go for the sunglasses.... the shape of the lenses are sort of hipster/metro style while he would prefer a more rugged outdoorsy lense.... and seriously, fold up sunglasses?? i am pretty sure I had some of those in 5th grade. But I think what bothers me the most is I am so tired of all these Birchbox branded lifestyle items! 
THIS!! Me too- I feel they are really trying to boost up the value of stuff- when they're probably getting these made so cheaply it's not even funny.

Birchbox koozie- Birchbox coasters- Birchbox sunglasses? Eh.

My fiance wears glasses, so the sunglasses would be completely useless on him. I don't think sunglasses are the kind of item that should be in a box just for the simple fact so many people wear glasses. Do they ask about things like glasses in the profile quiz? If not, they probably should have before sending out something that will be useless to anyone that can only wear prescription sunglasses. Hopefully they have another big ticket item and he gets that instead. At least I have a brother in law with great vision that can use them if he does end up with them in his box!

I am getting super tired of boxes sending out sunglasses! It's why I didn't get PopSugar summer boxes for men or women. Most of the value of the box is in the glasses, and my husband and I are blind as bats and don't wear contacts. I'm just too old to care about contacts. Maybe some day when we have an extra 7 grand laying around we'll get lasik done, but until then, I wish they wouldn't include. That being said, do we really expect birchbox to be sending sunglasses?  My husband actually works in another state so the repeat items aren't a big deal for us. 

Well my bf was actually excited when we watched the video this morning about the glasses, he actually likes that they fold up. 

He likes the cheaper sunglasses because he is always on the move (and does not take care of any of his stuff) so he won't have to worry if they break. One thing that is a score for him this month.

Kind of a disappointing box. I appreciate the focus more on the skin-care and such, but I find it weird they'd only make one lifestyle product available to every customer. Perhaps some of those who didn't get a certain item (belt & socks, boxers last month) will be receiving these instead depending on how many they have left over. 

I agree with many of the statements that I'd rather just get products produced by a secondary company than to get birchbox made products. Most of them seem very cheap and it feels like they are deliberately trying to make people feel like they're getting a great value...which I don't think is right. 

Hopefully the samples themselves will make up a greater portion of the box in terms of their size this month. I hate those tiny tiny samples you can only try once; you don't really know how much you like it if you can't get at least 4 uses out of something, IMO. Wish they'd add an option in settings regarding lifestyle products where a user could say "I love them!," "I like them in moderation," or "Not really my thing" in order to better customize boxes. 

I think my husband is going to hate the sun glasses.   I checked his page and can tell he is getting them. He is into aviators, so I dunno how these will go over.  I also checked my big brother's box status and he is getting these too.  my little brother's page is not yet updated, but he has a boat, so they'd be best for him... watch him be the 1 out of 3 subscriptions I purchased who doesn't get em!

if only they were prescription sunglasses..but like most i have eyeglasses to see and drive.

I'm probably one of the few excited for the sunglasses. My bf wants a new pair, but I checked his box and he's getting socks from the april's box. sad face =/ he won't be wearing those...

Originally Posted by bri212 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm probably one of the few excited for the sunglasses. My bf wants a new pair, but I checked his box and he's getting socks from the april's box. sad face =/ he won't be wearing those...
I actually don't mind getting them, but it's kind of irritating that the only sample from the preview video I'll be getting (besides the sunglasses) is the Billy Jealousy exfoliator. The others are all repeats of past samples, which seems to be occurring more than usual lately. Just hate getting samples that aren't new and exciting after already seeing them / getting them previously for 6 months.

Sooo BF received his box yesterday and all it had was the glasses and a beat up bar of Oldspice. Card definitely listed more things that should have been in there. Has this happened to anyone else??

Glasses are pretty cool!

Originally Posted by Kerryliz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sooo BF received his box yesterday and all it had was the glasses and a beat up bar of Oldspice. Card definitely listed more things that should have been in there. Has this happened to anyone else??

Glasses are pretty cool!
It sounds like they didn't include all of your items. I would call or email them. My boyfriend got the same Old Spice soap, two foil packets of Kerastase shampoo, a generous size tube of after shave balm, the cheapo glasses (at least the case is nice), and a spits worth of La Face moisturizer.

My husband loved the sunglasses, he thought the fold-up aspect was so cool! He loved everything in his BBM for June.

My husband didn't get the glasses.  He got two pairs of the socks sent out in April's box instead.  He likes them, and I'm glad he didn't get the sunglasses because he's getting the Popsugar summer box.  He also received the toothpaste, shaving cream, old spice soap, and thickening shampoo.  

My fiancé got the sunglasses and old spice, beard destroyer shave cream, LAFace mattifying moisturizer, and HYD razor shield. It was actually one of his better boxes.

Originally Posted by jackielyn1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My fiancé got the sunglasses and old spice, beard destroyer shave cream, LAFace mattifying moisturizer, and HYD razor shield. It was actually one of his better boxes.
That's exactly what I got - I wasn't expecting it at all after seeing the preview of my box on my account online. It was a totally different version than the one I received, and I didn't switch around any personal settings in my profile, either. Strange

Latest posts

Back