Food Sub: Plated

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I came across a (new?) food subscription service: plated

You choose the meals, and Plated provides the recipe and the ingredients.

According to my research, the ingredients are farm-fresh, seasonal, and sustainably sourced. The recipes are chef tested, and Plated claims that your meal can be cooked in 30 minutes or less.

If any of you are familiar with the now defunct Pop-up Pantry, this meal subscription service is reminiscent of that.

I've actually decided to take the plunge and try this out; I have a $30-off (2 plates) coupon code if anyone is interested as well. Just send me a PM and let me know.

I will let you ladies know how it goes. Personally, I wasn't a fan of Pop-up Pantry; I hope I will be pleasantly surprised with Plated. 

**It seems that Plated has a limited delivery service. I believe they serve most of the North East Coast, but that's about it. You can input your zip code here and see if they will deliver to you.

I haven't used Plated but I have been using Blue Apron for several months now and love it! The concept is the same as Plated and costs 59.95 a week. We actually get the vegetarian and meat and fish box each week. The meals are amazing and are well worth the money for two people. 

That's a neat idea.

Not sure there is anything like that here- but one restaurant I go to has a prepared frozen and fresh meals you can order and they deliver or you can pick up "tv dinner" style plates.
I'm saying tv dinner as the restaurant has fancy foods but has some kind of machine and special trays where they seal some  of the gourmet dishes that way (but it is $10-20 per dinner depending on size,ingredients).

I'm in Canada and quite lucky as the local grocery store I shop at has a prepared foods counter where they make everything from scratch daily and I usually get stuff there.
It is not a chain store,but kind of a middle eastern/Canadian grocery with mostly local stuff.
They do not have a website either....

Oh this is interesting and they deliver to my area. I'm going to hold off for now, but I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Reviving this thread because I'm an addict. If anyone wants to try it out, I have coupons for 2 free plates. Just mssg me your email address. I've gotten about 24 different meals so far.

I really like Plated! They push me outside of my comfort zone when regards to interesting recipes and ingredients. We have gotten several meals that we have cooked again using the recipe cards. Just browsing their online recipe directory can be fun too. We have had to cut back our food budget a bit lately so we haven't used them for a few weeks, but I always check out their options on Monday in case we decide to splurge.

Quote: Originally Posted by goldendarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I really like Plated! They push me outside of my comfort zone when regards to interesting recipes and ingredients. We have gotten several meals that we have cooked again using the recipe cards. Just browsing their online recipe directory can be fun too. We have had to cut back our food budget a bit lately so we haven't used them for a few weeks, but I always check out their options on Monday in case we decide to splurge.

I like how they post recipies online!

I'm in Canada, so it is neat to look at.

Also, more fun if you have someone to share or cook your meal with.

I cook for myself and post online and facebook...but it is not the same.

I'm kind of lucky as for exotic ingredients, the grocery store I go to their prepared foods counter is quite exotic (like dandelion salad, eggplant dishes and who knows what...), 

but they are nice and let you try pretty much anything they make :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And what is even funnier is that how most people want to cook exotic stuff, I've had a few people I met who were asking me how to cook more "Canadian foods" like chicken, grilled fish or what salads are popular....

Hi all - I'm having a weird situation with Plated (first order) and just wanted to see if anyone else had ordered from in the past and can advise. I've already tried emailing them and contacting them via phone/chat but they're not available on Fridays apparently. 

My delivery date is supposed to be tomorrow (4/19); yesterday I received notice that it shipped via FedEx Home Delivery with an estimated arrival date of 4/24. Are the Plated orders typically in transit for an entire week or is this a goof on the part of FedEx/Plated? Not to mention it's supposed to arrive tomorrow so if that is an accurate arrival date then they're running really late. I suppose I'll just wait to see if it's delivered but right now I'm just puzzled. 

Mine arrives the day after it ships. I get an email the day before I receive it. I also live in the same state as the company which could be why? But I'm fairly certain everything is supposed to be overnight regardless of location. We're dealing with raw meat here. I certainly hope it's not sitting on a box for a week. If it shows up late, email them. They'll credit you a new box of your choosing.

Quote: Originally Posted by nectarbean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine arrives the day after it ships. I get an email the day before I receive it. I also live in the same state as the company which could be why? But I'm fairly certain everything is supposed to be overnight regardless of location. We're dealing with raw meat here. I certainly hope it's not sitting on a box for a week. If it shows up late, email them. They'll credit you a new box of your choosing.
That's how I thought it worked! Thanks for confirming; we'll see if it's delivered tomorrow. I'm hoping it's just a tracking error.

I love Plated -- but I can't help on delivery issues! In the NYC market, we get delivery by local courier, so it arrives the day you choose.  It's really nice.

My husband and I prefer Plated to Blue Apron.  Although you get one extra meal for the $$ out of BA, we preferred getting a bigger main dish portion from Plated, and didn't like that you can't choose your meals in BA.  Hubby is a bit picky, so I had to amend BA meals, which caused more work. Plated has been great in helping him learn to cook, and the meals have been absolutely delicious!

Quote: Originally Posted by camel11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I love Plated -- but I can't help on delivery issues! In the NYC market, we get delivery by local courier, so it arrives the day you choose.  It's really nice.

My husband and I prefer Plated to Blue Apron.  Although you get one extra meal for the $$ out of BA, we preferred getting a bigger main dish portion from Plated, and didn't like that you can't choose your meals in BA.  Hubby is a bit picky, so I had to amend BA meals, which caused more work. Plated has been great in helping him learn to cook, and the meals have been absolutely delicious!
Lucky about the fast delivery! I am looking forward to the meals I picked and am really hoping they'll come this weekend; I'm too busy to plan anything (trying to finish up school) and thought it would be great timing to have them now!

Well all of a sudden the ETA updated to tomorrow so I guess we're on track! Thanks for the reassurances everyone!

I have to say that one thing I really appreciate about MUT is that when I have an odd question about shopping, fashion, makeup or anything there's always someone on here who's thoughtful and responsive. I think that's wonderful. 
smile.gif

Yep, mine always says it will take a week when I get the shipping email but the next day it updates to the proper time (the next day-I live in WA so it takes two days to get to me and everything has always been cold still.)

I admit I'm wondering if things will stay cool during the warmer summer months.  My Plated orders might go on hiatus for a couple months just because.

Same as @Saffyra; though one time i did have it show up on Thursday (delivery day was Wednesday) and some ingredients were damaged. I emailed them to give them a heads up and they offered me 4 free plates for the trouble. Their CS is great and they're also very responsive on Twitter.

Back