(Free) Work experience with Professional Makeup artists

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I would like to find out if I could do some work experience with a professional makeup artist. Im going to beauty school at the end of year (when we can afford it) but Im so passionate about makeup artistry that I would love the opportunity to do (free) work experience assisting someone really talented and shares my passion for this industry. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome!

Why can't you go with the nationalcareersservice you will get an info there to find right direction.

Your on the right path by reaching out and asking... however... you'd be better served looking up local MUA's in your area and contacting them directly. Be prepared to be turned down a lot though. It's a BIG RISK for an MUA to bring along an assistant to a gig- everything that you could do wrong and ruin our gig runs through our minds. I only take on assistants I have a relationship with, someone who would have something to lose if they screwed up. But, you have to start somewhere! So take the risk and get out there. Just don't boohoo too much if you find people won't even let you work for free. 

Back