E.L.F and Coastal Scents

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Ladies I have a couple questions about these brands. I have stumbled on CC website and the makeup seems so awesome with all the palettes and such, I have been debating weather or not to purchase anything from there. I have no idea of the quality of there products just wanted to know if any of you have purchased anything from CC how are their products? Pigmentation? ECT.. And for E.L.F how are their brushes, im usually a M.A.C and Sephora girl but I cant all high end all the time there is nothing wrong with Maybelline, L'Oreal ECT. Thanks in advance Ladies ,

I have some Coastal Scents shadows from Ipsy (individual shades) and then I bought their Cairo Go Palette. For me the colors are really nice in terms of pigment for what they are. Honestly, some of my Go Palette shades are better than my The Balm Balm Jovi palette which I paid more for. Hopefully others can chime in who can possibly do more/better comparisons for you ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As far as ELF brushes go... I have a few of the black ones (the Studio line) and I like them. The white (Essential) brushes seem to be hit or miss when I see them in stores. Some of them look kind of iffy, while others look okay. But the Studio ones always seem okay. But if you are just looking for inexpensive, but nice brushes, I would recommend looking into Eco Tools too. I LOVE their brushes and from what I have seen on MUT a lot of others do too.

Thanks so much for that, I am looking for inexpensive but nice brushes. How's the shedding? I loathe brushes that constantly shed. I was actually thinking about eco tools, they have some at my local Walgreens I was looking at. Im so getting them on my next visit! I heard that the pigmentation was good in CC shadow palettes, but my only worry is since im African American (Im a little darker than bronze) I wanted the color to show and not to be chalky. Am I making any sense?? Lol!

I have several of Coastal Scent's palettes:

252 Ultimate

120 Palette One

120 Palette Two

120 Palette Three

88 Original

88 Ultra Shimmer

88 Metal Mania

88 Mirage

88 Prism

All 7 of the Go Palettes

42 Shimmer Palette

and you will NOT be disappointed. They are all very vibrant, vivid and with excellent pigmentation. If I were to recommend one, I'd say the 252 Ultimate or the 88 Prism. As far as the 120's go, I recently reviewed the Two and Three and out of all three I love Two the best. The colors are bold, rich and versatile.

Hope this helps!

Thanks you helped a bunch I was contemplating getting the ultimate palette, but you quieted my fears. Thanks

For me, Since Im also AA, I just use a primer and if its a color I actually want to show, I will use a base. Those two things after watching other people proves that you can at least try and make any eye shadow work. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hope that bit help. And I guess I don't wear make up for too long to know longevity like more than 5 hours. Also I have elf brushes, the studio kind I love the face brushes, I haven't gotten a bad one yet but of course sometimes you can, I haven't had to replace any I have yet and its been a little over a year, I do use the dollar ones but its only the shadow one and that's because I feel it grabs a  good amount of eye shadow, but also I use the brushes from Coastal Scents eye brushes as well. Hope that helped!

Im looking for good brushes that works, I brought a makeup brush kit from CVS for about $12 when I would try to apply color to my crease it would transfer everywhere else, those brushes sucked! But i saw E.L.F products in a glamour mag and i wanted to check them out

Originally Posted by Tinkabella /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im looking for good brushes that works, I brought a makeup brush kit from CVS for about $12 when I would try to apply color to my crease it would transfer everywhere else, those brushes sucked! But i saw E.L.F products in a glamour mag and i wanted to check them out
Oh my, I should have said I have the 22 and 12 set Coastal Scents brushes as well! lol and I love them!

Are their brushes good? Im most definitely buying from them now, I convinced myself this will not be a regret I'll have later. Nothing worst than wasting money!

Where can I buy these CS brushes?? I'm looking for good yet inexpensive brushes as well!

I know Target carries the ELF ones...

Where can I buy these CS brushes?? I'm looking for good yet inexpensive brushes as well! I know Target carries the ELF ones...
Buy them from the Coastal Scents website, they send you a free eyeshadow quad and bumper sticker that says I <3 Makeup! and yes they are great quality for a lower priced brush. No fallout, good thicker sturdy bristles and easy to clean

Coastal Scents is having 30% off some of their brushes right now, PS: ELF and CS always have a sale on something

I agree about the Eco Tools brushes...I have a whole set.  They are cheap but great quality.  They're so soft and don't shed.

I don't have any Coastal Scents palettes, but my daughter has 2 (the 88 warm palette & the 26 neutral palette) & she loves them.  I think lately she's been using it more than her naked palette.  I was considering getting one of their palettes myself once I use up some of my current eyeshadows.

Thanks guys for all your comments I really appreciate them. I was thinking about getting the 88 warm palette, so thanks you guys really eased my fears

i have a quick question, do you know is bh brushes are better than coastal scents ?
I don't know if CS brushes are better, but I have three sets and five singles of BH brushes if that gives you any idea how good they are. Their round stippling brush is hands down the best liquid foundation brush I've ever used in my life, and the regular stippling brush is excellent for pressed and loose powder. I haven't used any other brushes for liquid or loose foundation since I bought those a few months ago. I did a review on my blog a couple months ago that featured the brushes, my blog, link is in my signature and you can type BH cosmetics in the search bar to find the posts.

I'm going to second Prtyltlesyko that BH Cosmetics is fantastic. I think they may actually be the same as Coastal Scents (because it all looks so similar), but BH is all I've bought, so it's all I can speak for. Never have been disappointed by a single purchase. And she's right - their brushes are great. Such good deals, too.

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have several of Coastal Scent's palettes:

252 Ultimate

120 Palette One

120 Palette Two

120 Palette Three

88 Original

88 Ultra Shimmer

88 Metal Mania

88 Mirage

88 Prism

All 7 of the Go Palettes

42 Shimmer Palette

and you will NOT be disappointed. They are all very vibrant, vivid and with excellent pigmentation. If I were to recommend one, I'd say the 252 Ultimate or the 88 Prism. As far as the 120's go, I recently reviewed the Two and Three and out of all three I love Two the best. The colors are bold, rich and versatile.

Hope this helps!
How good are all seven of the go palettes? I've loved the idea of them for a long time, but haven't bought any. I really want them though because then I could pretend I'm in each city while applying shades from the palette haha (I'm lame)

I got one Coastal Scents brush from Ipsy and it is great. I like the black brushes from elf. The only other brushes I have are from a cheap set on amazon and the quality of those are awful compared to the CS and elf brushes I have. I have never tried any high end brushes, so I couldn't compare to expensive ones.

I haven't tried Coastal Scents shadows, but they look similar to BH Cosmetics and the Fash/Shany ones and I have some of those and like all of them. Good pigmentation.

Latest posts

Back