Perfume/Fragrance Chat

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there. I did not see a forum for fragrance, so I thought maybe I could post something here in General Chit Chat?

What are your favorite perfumes, and can you describe it a little? I'm looking for a new fragrance to try.

I had used Tova Signature (and a few other Tova scents) a few years ago. I would love to find some other perfumes that are in that same sort of "smell category."

The notes in Tova are ones like jasmine, bergamot, lavender, musk, sandalwood, and amber. Anyone have a perfume that has a few of those in it?

Anyone have a scent that is sort fresh, like herbs? Or floral and herb mixed? I have tried Philosophy's Grace perfume because I heard it was clean and fresh, but I really didn't like it. Someone was wearing a scent once I really liked and they said it was Clinque's Happy, so maybe I will try that. But I was just curious what you all wear and love for fragrance. Especially scents that are easily affordable.

Also, if you know of any perfumes or body mists that are in the likes of ones you might even find in a health food store. I love lavender, sandalwood, rose, citrus, musk, things like that.

What is your favorites, even if they are totally different than what I am looking for. Just curious about hearing about some fragrances. I am in that mood. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am tempted to try making some body sprays myself, I bought a cream this winter that is orange and jasmine, and it smells really nice. I was thinking about buying some orange and some jasmine essentials oils to play around with. Anyone ever make their own fragrances?

My fave perfumes I CHANEL CHANCE (the green one as there are 4 different types) the followed by CHANEL CHANCE (the purple one) both are very fresh light fragrances that leave me feeling happy all day!

I absolutely love Flora by Gucci EDP, and I'm sad that I'm on my last drops of the stuff and my bank account won't let me buy another. :-(

My backup is Flowerbomb by Victor & Rolf, but it's expensive. :-/

Body Shop has some really pretty floral perfumes at the moment- the Moroccan Vanilla is gorgeous!

Originally Posted by Hokipoki1213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I absolutely love Flora by Gucci EDP, and I'm sad that I'm on my last drops of the stuff and my bank account won't let me buy another. :-(

My backup is Flowerbomb by Victor & Rolf, but it's expensive. :-/

Body Shop has some really pretty floral perfumes at the moment- the Moroccan Vanilla is gorgeous!
I had just recently seen a way to get a free sample of the Gucci Flora, but for some reason, I couldn't get it to work for me (it was on their facebook page). They sounds like they would smell really nice.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I have heard of a few of those, but haven't smelled any of them yet.

I'm currently using Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck Enchanted (pink) in rollerball form. I really love it. It's feminine and it gives me the feeling of independence and individuality for some reason. The scents in it are Wild Berries, Passion Fruit, Pink Poppy, Peony, Champaca Petals, White Freesia, White Musk, Vanilla, Blond Woods.

The scent I really want is Dior's J'adore. It smells amazing when I try it on in Sephora and has amazing staying power. Scents are Ylang-Ylang Essence, Damascena Rose Essence, Sambac Jasmine Absolute. Sadly, it is also completely beyond my budget atm. I do like to spurge on my self once in a while but no way am I gonna justify $70 on a bottle of luxury perfume. And $70 is for the smallest size available. =(

Latest posts

Back