NEW Product: Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquers (aka Apocalips)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Something new for you guys and it's the Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer! The product also known as APOCALIPS in other countries have finally launched in the United States. I'm pretty much excited about these since I was dying to get my hands on the Apocalips from makeup gurus in the UK. Anyways, long story short... you can find these now in stores for $4.99 each in 14 different shades! I only picked up 8 shades for a total of $43.51 (...idk but I might pick up the other 6 later).

The 14 shades names are listed as:

1. Celestial
  2. Nova
  3. Comet
  4. Solstice
  5. Out of this World
  6. Galaxy
  7. Apocaliptic
  8. Big Bang
  9. Aurora
  10. Luna
  11. Stellar
  12. Nude Eclipse
  13. Light Year
  14. Stargazer

*the bold shades are the ones that I picked up!

& here are the swatches of the products.. I have more but I'll be saving the rest for my blog.

What do you guys think? Will you be picking any of them up? =)

Thanks for reading!

Oh wow, are these like stains? They look sorta like they might be like the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick. Those reds on the left look really pigmented liked the stila ones.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh wow, are these like stains? They look sorta like they might be like the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick. Those reds on the left look really pigmented liked the stila ones.
It does remind me of the Stila All Day Liquid Lipsticks a lot and it's really similar (just less product comes out which is a good thing). I'm not sure about the wear time since I just started wearing them 2 hours ago so we'll see! The pigmentation is amazing since you only need to swipe the product once.

Oh wow. I need some of these! The pigmentation is amazing!!! 
Go rush to Walgreens ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> or is it closed because of Memorials Day? (Btw - thanks to all who are or did served for this country)!! So worth it for $4.99 and it isnt drying (might need to exfoliate lips if there is dry skin tho)

I just went to Drugstore.com to pick a couple up, and almost all of them are already out of stock! Yikes! I did get Galaxy though! 

You can also find them on Walgreens.com for $4.99 each but most of them are sold out (drugstore.com & walgreens.com are partnered or sister sites).. Anyways what did you pick up? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just went to Drugstore.com to pick a couple up, and almost all of them are already out of stock! Yikes! I did get Galaxy though! 

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can also find them on Walgreens.com for $4.99 each but most of them are sold out (drugstore.com & walgreens.com are partnered or sister sites).. Anyways what did you pick up?
smile.gif
I got Galaxy, and whenever I make it to a Walgreens I'll look for some more. I want Apocaliptic and Nova, but it's storming like a mother here, so I'm just going to have to be patient and wait for those. 

& here are the swatches of the products.. I have more but I'll be saving the rest for my blog.

What do you guys think? Will you be picking any of them up? =)

Thanks for reading!
Hmm, I'm tempted with Nova and Apocaliptic. But they're all pretty amazing. Thanks for sharing the swatches!

It does remind me of the Stila All Day Liquid Lipsticks a lot and it's really similar (just less product comes out which is a good thing). I'm not sure about the wear time since I just started wearing them 2 hours ago so we'll see! The pigmentation is amazing since you only need to swipe the product once.
That is amazing to hear! I love the Stila liquid lipsticks so if these have a staying power that's up there with the Stilas, then I'll have a new replacement. Also that's great that less product comes out, I always have to paint on very carefully with the Stila liquid lipstick, and usually my bathroom looks like a murder scene from all the extra red product I have to wipe off LOL. But its staying power is crazy so I deal with it.

They're finally here?! ahh! I do like the other name though, but who cares.. the product itself is here. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Your swatches look great! Makes me want to pick up Celestial, Out Of This World, and Apocaliptic. Now I'm wondering if the Wake Me Up foundation got released here already

I like galaxy, nova, and apocalyptic and I am headed out right now to look for another palette anyway so will look for these too.

Originally Posted by Dots /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like galaxy, nova, and apocalyptic and I am headed out right now to look for another palette anyway so will look for these too.
yay! good luck finding them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> may I ask what palette you're looking for?

Originally Posted by casualbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're finally here?! ahh! I do like the other name though, but who cares.. the product itself is here. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Your swatches look great! Makes me want to pick up Celestial, Out Of This World, and Apocaliptic.

Now I'm wondering if the Wake Me Up foundation got released here already
Apocalips sounds so bad ass! Show off is ehhh.. but I said the same thing "WHO CARES!" haha thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> hmm, for the Rimmel section I only saw this product.. so maybe not yet (don't take my word since I'm unsure) but if I do see it then I'll update you!

That is amazing to hear! I love the Stila liquid lipsticks so if these have a staying power that's up there with the Stilas, then I'll have a new replacement. Also that's great that less product comes out, I always have to paint on very carefully with the Stila liquid lipstick, and usually my bathroom looks like a murder scene from all the extra red product I have to wipe off LOL. But its staying power is crazy so I deal with it.
The Stila ones dries down to a matte finish yet the Rimmel ones still has that gloss to it. I'll try to post a pic when I get home (around 9pm-ish). I find Stila to be a bit of a waste since the applicator takes out A LOT of product.. haha a murder scene? which shade is your stila liquid lipstick in? The Rimmel lip product is starting to die down now and it's been almost 4 hours (with eating and drinking).. pretty good in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Xiang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm, I'm tempted with Nova and Apocaliptic. But they're all pretty amazing. Thanks for sharing the swatches!
All of them are so pretty! It's so hard to pick haha and any time! I'll post some lip swatches soon.

Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got Galaxy, and whenever I make it to a Walgreens I'll look for some more. I want Apocaliptic and Nova, but it's storming like a mother here, so I'm just going to have to be patient and wait for those. 
Galaxy is very pretty! I wonder why it isn't sold out? Maybe because of the micro-glitters in it but overall it's a beautiful shade! Hopefully the storm calms down so you can go find them! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Be safe!

Originally Posted by mspocket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have been wanting to try these forever too!! hoorayyyy
right? i was waiting FOREVER too.. Rimmel London actually replied to someone on twitter that it'll launch in a year for the US but I guess that it got released 11 months early? o_O; anyways, I'm happy! haha

The Stila ones dries down to a matte finish yet the Rimmel ones still has that gloss to it. I'll try to post a pic when I get home (around 9pm-ish). I find Stila to be a bit of a waste since the applicator takes out A LOT of product.. haha a murder scene? which shade is your stila liquid lipstick in? The Rimmel lip product is starting to die down now and it's been almost 4 hours (with eating and drinking).. pretty good in my opinion.
Ohhh interesting. I love the look of the matte finish but I hate the feeling of it? I think it's because I'm obsessed with my lips not drying out. I'll be interested in trying the Rimmel ones definitely. The Stila shade I have is Fiery, so it's pretty intense. I save it for going out occasions hahah. Four hours is really great IMO, most lip products (with the exception of mirenesse lip bombs and stila liquid lipsticks) I only get like an hour tops out of.

Ohhh interesting. I love the look of the matte finish but I hate the feeling of it? I think it's because I'm obsessed with my lips not drying out. I'll be interested in trying the Rimmel ones definitely. The Stila shade I have is Fiery, so it's pretty intense. I save it for going out occasions hahah. Four hours is really great IMO, most lip products (with the exception of mirenesse lip bombs and stila liquid lipsticks) I only get like an hour tops out of.
Matte looks great but it can be a tad bit drying on the lips and it can accentuate dry lips really badly! >.< You can't go wrong with $5 for a lip product so definitely pick one.. or some up! Fiery is so pretty and definitely intense but gorgeous.. Most lip products last for 3-4 hours on me so that's my little threshold time for lip products. By the way, which shades do you wanna pick up?

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I totally just picked the brightest ones too, didn't I? LOL
Big Bang is like craaazy ahaha

Yeah. I just want to see the wnw limited edition ones in person. Lol.

Latest posts

Back