Best foundation&concealer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was never really into foundation and concealer but I want to try it out I just don't know where to start I want good brands that have medium coverage. My skin has some dry patches so I know ill need something with moisturizers and I get acne every once and awhile and I have acne scars I want to hide...help I have a light skint tone

I have the same skin it seems lol. I'm loving the new wet n wild coverall foundation surprisingly. And the $4 price is a plus. As for concealer I only use undereye concealer - maybellines dark circle treatment

For higher end I've been using Mac's Mineralize Foundation very light on the skin and its really good for dry skin.... You can always ask for a sample to test it out.

It's common knowledge that MAC is not high-end... As for samples, just go to a MAC counter / store and ask. Unfortunately, drugstore brands don't have samples, just testers. Usually when a brand launches a new line, they might have a limited number of sample packets that come with the initial stock order. They sometimes give them out when you purchase a large quantity of beauty products.

im not sure where to find mac..its not at my ulta or Sephora or anything ive looked..im kinda disappointed cause I wanna do some swatches before buying..well I found some stores but its to far away:(

Originally Posted by colorfuldez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

im not sure where to find mac..its not at my ulta or Sephora or anything ive looked..im kinda disappointed cause I wanna do some swatches before buying
You won't find MAC at those stores. Look for either an actual MAC store or a Nordstrom with a MAC section/counter. It is definitely a good idea to do swatches before buying, or at least look up multiple blogs with swatches and reviews. MAC has some great products, but they are not consistent. The blog temptalia.com has lot of MAC swatches and reviews; I feel like she's probably honest, since she says both good and bad things about their products.

I haven't yet found a concealer that I love. Most are too yellow for me. Next I will try Yaby in 'Vanilla'.

As far as foundation, I liked Revlon Colorstay. However, I'm totally switched over to BB cream. I alternate between three brands for the most part. My favorite for everyday is Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream. It comes in several shades; I am very light-skinned but with a lot of freckles and pink undertones and I use #21. If I need more moisture, I'll use Skin79 Hot Pink Super Plus BB Cream. I am currently using Hanskin Premium Super Perfect Magic BB Cream.

If you want to try before you buy, you can find several different products (many sample sizes) in the trade threads on makeuptalk.com, here: https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/23798/subscription-box-swaps. That's how I found my beloved BB creams, and many other products.

i got a sample from yaby in vanilla in one of my beauty boxes it isn't yellow at all I like it...

but thanks for the info everyone! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Try too face or clinic, I also have dry spots on my face and the liquid foundation will make you brake out even more if you wear it everyday, I also notice with liquid foundation that sometimes it makes your wrinkles to notice more. Try moisturizer call hope for dry skin. If you want to see what it looks like go to my YouTube channel I have a video on the moisturizer

Back