I'm elderly and need tips for saggy lids, also hair color change

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
  I just hit 47, and it freaked me the hell out. Maybe because  The Great Eye Infection of March 2013 left me with what looks to be some permanent drooping of the outer upper eyelids.
icon_evil.gif
  (my eyes have always had a natural downward slant at the outer corners anyway)

Anyway, my eye makeup techniques of the past are accentuating the droopiness rather than making me look HAWT. What should I be doing? 

Also, I'm gradually going from 25 years of bleached blonde to light brown, and tomorrow to med. brownish red.The Elderly do not have the energy to touch up 1 1/2" of dark brown & silvery gray roots every damn month, so every  time I get color I'm going to try a wee bit darker shade and see how I like it.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, I left my $$$ camera in my boat bag & sunscreen exploded all over it/into it, and it is completely greasy ruined.

1st pic: Me the first day back @ work after 16 days of eye infection. I only had on eye makeup & lip gloss here. I *think* I had  a beigy color on the lid, and a brown in the crease and outer C. Dollar Tree mascara and liner, as I was still tossing my mascaras and liners daily at this point to make sure I wasn't re-infecting. Can you see the left lid (the right in the pic) drooping more? What makeup shading'/highlighting  tricks can I use to

minimize this?

MORE IN NEXT POST !

Here I tried skipping a darker  color in the crease altogether. Just Mary Lou-Manizer on the lids, and blended up to the brow. Mascara, and liner. I think I am going to stop using liner at all under my eyes, as it makes me look old.

Another problem I have is a scar at the corner of that droopy eye.....right where you would wing out a cat eye. A thin, straight scar where a piece of wood fell and hit me when I was little and roller skating in my Dad's wood working shop.So shadow and liner tend to settle in it.

My lipstick looks like shit here, but you have to realize that a fully grown cat had just tried to insert his whole head in my mouth right before I took this pic.

So.........only light colors on lid, no accentuating the crease better ? Worse? Skip lining bottom lids? Let cat have red lipstick? 

Back