June 2013 No/Low Buy Goals & Support

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Guys, As May comes to a close I just wanted to know did you all keep your goals this month? If so 'Yay im so proud of you' If not 'its okay, we are just gonna try harder' cuz who am I kidding I totally know the struggle of no/low buys I also want to know your goals for the month of June are you doing no buy or low buy? What's the one thing you can't resist buying? Also if your doing low buy what's your limit? As for myself im doing a low buy, I think my limit would be about $50 for the month. I want to get some of the new Apocalips Collection by Rimmel London the which is about 4.99 each and a pallet by Coastal Scents, and thats it, maybe some eyeliner...but that just might be it. Can't wait to hear yours -Christine

My goals will be to a) not impulse buy nail polish and B) subtract subs instead of adding them. I did a pretty good job of resisting ulta/sephora/sally's this month. It's the internet that kills me. Maybe if I make a list of the polishes I'm allowed to buy for the month it'll help.

My biggest problem is lip gloss, lip stick, lip color ect because I never found a perfect color or any color that looks right on me, I just buy hoping to find a good shade

I'm going to try a low-buy for June.  I've promised to let myself try a few products, but I need to be a bit more frugal!  Lately, I've been on an insane mascara-buying-kick, and I always seem to come home with a new Revlon lip butter.  . . . I still need to decide my limit~

I do too, but it's just so hard when it comes to makeup! I have no sub boxes so im not getting anything in excess but nothing is wrong with being a little more cash smart!

I'm doing okay on my low-buy and fantastic when it comes to the items on my no-buy list (conditioner, shampoo, hair serums/oils, and shower gel).  There were a few impulse buys, but one of them (a non-angled gel eyeliner pencil) was actually on my list to buy later this year, so I'm not kicking myself over that one (the bright blue automatic eyeliner pencil is another impulse purchase, and that one *is* a regret since I have a couple of other very similar shades, but it was essence, so it was only two or three bucks, and if it goes in my makeup bag for work and then mysteriously disappears, I won't be upset for losing a $20 UD/stila pencil).  My big splurge -- a Glamour Doll Eyes order of something like two dozen sample jars -- was due to receiving an unexpected raise retroactive to the previous pay period, and I do have "ALL THE GDE THINGS" on my shopping list for the period between now and the rest of the year, so that's not one to beat myself up over, either.  

Anyway.  I'm working on an allowed list for June, so we'll see how that goes in a month!

I went on a low buy for May and have to say, I did REALLY well! I'm proud of myself! I just moved with my fiance and I really want to save our money and not buy so much. Moving, I realized just how much stuff I have!  So now I'm trying to use up as many products as I can.

I did allow myself to place a Sephora order yesterday though but I did have 2 gift cards and used the VIB 10% so it was a good deal.  I'm going on another low buy for June. I'm going to allow myself to get a few of the Rimmel Apocalips though.

Thats great Meaganola, my biggest thing is also shower gels, body wash, shampoo/conditioner ots like I can never have enough! I try to use up as much as I can before I get anymore but a shop close by me has the Dove Nutrium Moisture (12oz) on sale for 3 for $10, I resisted last month there's no way im missing that sale this month! Lol. Thats great Sheeeeeelby , when trying a low buy it can be difficult because 9 times out of 10 when I go to a store I come out with something completely different than what I actually went in for! So thats excellent you were able to stick with it.

Originally Posted by Tinkabella /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats great Meaganola, my biggest thing is also shower gels, body wash, shampoo/conditioner ots like I can never have enough! I try to use up as much as I can before I get anymore but a shop close by me has the Dove Nutrium Moisture (12oz) on sale for 3 for $10, I resisted last month there's no way im missing that sale this month! Lol.

Thats great Sheeeeeelby , when trying a low buy it can be difficult because 9 times out of 10 when I go to a store I come out with something completely different than what I actually went in for! So thats excellent you were able to stick with it.
I'm surprised at how well I did. I just don't feel the urge to buy.  I pick things up, and debate with myself for 10 minutes and put them down and leave. 

Ugh. I'm awful with shower gels too. I blame Bath & Body Works hahaha.  I gave a bunch away to my family and kept maybe 3. Then I also pick up Philosophy shower gels at TJ Maxx for a nice price. I kept all of those - they just smell sooo good! And then I have a ton of Lush's soap! So I'm on a no buy for shower gels/soaps for a looooooooong time! 

Lol, I dont have much now so this purchase is totally justifiable! I really dont have the urge to buy unless its something I really, really want! I always ask myself how much am I really going to use it? Is this the best price I can get it? I'm trying to be more frugal and this helps alot. I've noticed I'll buy something just because it's on sale, which is not good!

I've decided to go on an extreme low buy for the next 3 months. I think I'll allow myself to pick up a few of the Rimmel Apocolips, but that's it! I'll probably hold off on those for quite a while, too. Until September, I'm going to be hardcore concentrating on using up way, way more than I purchase. 

Thats great Ladygrey, I'm totally rooting for you! Im glad to see everyone has wonderful goals and are sticking to them. I have a question everyone what's your guilty pleasure buy?

I'm sticking to my '5 makeup items' low buy until holiday sets start coming out. I'm not sure what my guilty pleasure buy is. I go through phases where I hoard certain items. Right now I'm going through a mascara hoarding phase. I don't really have a particular item that I love buying.

Thats good! Im hoping to not spend up my limit, even if I save about $20 I can put that up for when I splurge during the holidays. My guilty pleasure is eyeliner, for some reason I can never have enough!

My guilty pleasure is blush! I have so much blush, and I just keep buying more and more. I think that these next few months, if I do allow myself to buy some items, I'm going to try my hardest to resist buying more blushes. I've also added in a new goal - if I make any purchases (which will hopefully be far and few between), no high end items. Just drugstore. I need to get into the habit of buying less expensive stuff. 

Oh yea, all of mine are drugstore! I've been to drugstore.com three times all ready, I didn't buy anything thou...thank goodness! I kind of have my mind on Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide on eyeliner in Perversion, I know what a shame !! :icon_cry:

My goal is to not buy anything outside of my subs ( 2 ipsy, 2 Birchbox, 1 Eco Emi, and target if they make it monthly). Also only 1 LBB this month because I just sent in a return. And then I must Skip LBB for a few months. I swear not to buy any more nail polish even though I am in love with Zoya pixie dusts.

I kind of broke my year-long makeup binge earlier last month by going on a cookbook spree, so I got very little makeup-wise in the last half of May.  I have backups ready for all the important items I'm close to out on - mascaras, loose powder, bbcream.  I will need to get a new bottle of my black soap (for some strange reason the one I have liquified totally.  It's weird) and shampoo.  Unless something essential breaks, though, beyond that, I'm set.  I declare a No buy on makeup for June, no skincare but the soap, and no perfume or hair or shower stuff beyond the shampoo.  Except my Starlooks box.  I know Santa's bringing me some stuff for my birthday at the end of the month - that helps.

AND NO MORE COOKBOOKS THIS MONTH!  I've bought 9 (and a rice cooker) in the past two weeks!!!  But boy do we have an interesting week of eating planned!  I've started cooking around the world, and this week we're visiting India, Italy, Ireland and France!  =) 

(Edit 'cause I don't know the difference between England and France.)

1 hr 45 min and I'm already changing my June commitment.  1 makeup item low-buy.  I've looked several times for L'Oreal Infallible Cherie Merie and haven't found it.  I'm on a coral kick this spring/summer, and have nothing like it.  I would instantly cave on it, so I'm going to just plan for that one item so I don't feel I've "failed" at my goal when I inevitably buy it. 

So for June, the one cookbook I bought yesterday, and this one makeup item, and that's IT for the makeup and book categories.   =)  This is my goal.

Mellee, I totally understand your dilemma. I cant really decide on what I'm even going to buy! If I get the urban decay eyeliner thats $19 plus 2 apocalips by rimmel london, thats already $29! On three items, the horror! I must spend wisely!

Latest posts

Back