FABFITFUN Summer 2013 Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought I'd start a new thread for the Summer box since the first thread was for the Spring Edition.  Its supposed to ship around the 20th according to FB, I'm excited to see what they do to make up for their initial bust!  What do you think they'll do?  I really really hope no more JewelMint.  (or any of the mint brands).  No thanks!

It seems they are keeping a very low profile.  Since they are shipping June 20 and there has not been any advertising or a push for new subscribers yet, they must be very apprehensive about the feedback on this one.  

I won't be continuing the sub, but it's for financial reasons. I've decided to pare down and this is the priciest one so makes sense that it's getting cut first.

I'll definitely consider it, depending on the box. While I was very frustrated with the last box and the Jewelmint fiasco, I think that giving the next box free was a generous way to make up for it. If it seems they have learned from their rookie mistake and the box is WORTH the money, I might keep it. But, as this is a fairly expensive box, I will have to be impressed!

Updates. I unsubscribed because I wanted nothing to do with FFF anymore, but I'm curious to see what you all get :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I sent them an email telling them I wanted to cancel. I don't feel comfortable risking $50 with them at this point, plus with as many boxes they are giving away for free I have doubts about the value/contents. If they do wow I'll come back next season.

curious to see what the summer box will bring.  It is odd they aren't advertising it anymore.  Maybe the service will die after the summer box?

curious to see what the summer box will bring.  It is odd they aren't advertising it anymore.  Maybe the service will die after the summer box?
I think it's a little weird they aren't advertising, maybe because they are having to give out so many free boxes to unhappy customers... Who knows? I wonder if they are going to make each box identical so one gets let down. Time will tell.

I got a "Subscription Expired" email yesterday:

Subscription Expired Your subscription for FabFitFun VIP is now expired.

Please keep this email for your records. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]. Thanks for your purchase.

I sent Kevin an email with a cut-and-paste of the free box offer....my last box was missing everything! 

Did not receive a reply confirming the free box promised...we will see...

I am starting to feel very uncomfortable about this, and I'm sooo close to cancelling.  I was one of the few that didn't have any problems with my first box, so I was going to give them the benefit of the doubt.  Now I'm not so sure!

I didn't sub for the first box, and I'm not going to sub for this one, but if this one is amazing maybe I'll sub for the fall box.

Originally Posted by Andi B /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am starting to feel very uncomfortable about this, and I'm sooo close to cancelling.  I was one of the few that didn't have any problems with my first box, so I was going to give them the benefit of the doubt.  Now I'm not so sure!
I'm feeling the same way .... I'm getting a free box, but I'm not even sure I want it. I will have to be REALLY amazed by this box to continue subbing. My coworker said she feels like I owe them another paid box after this free one, but I'm not sure I agree. If it's another awful box, I don't want to send them another $50 for yet another awful box! Is it terrible that I'm almost hoping their service dies after this box so I don't have to worry about canceling? lol 

The more I think about this, the more I'm convinced that I should cancel.  It doesn't seem fair for me to pay $50 for what's probably going to be a bunch of crap, due to all of the free boxes they've "promised" people!  I'm seriously over this sub!

I also got a box that was pretty good but my Josie Maran was dried up so they offered me $25 off this box.  I don't know whether to keep it or cancel it because $25 is a lot of money to waste if nothing in this box is good.

This is interesting. Do you think its possible they are cancelling the whole service?  Let us know if you hear back from him..

Originally Posted by IffB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got a "Subscription Expired" email yesterday:

Subscription Expired Your subscription for FabFitFun VIP is now expired.

Please keep this email for your records. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]. Thanks for your purchase.

I sent Kevin an email with a cut-and-paste of the free box offer....my last box was missing everything! 

Did not receive a reply confirming the free box promised...we will see...

I canceled last week and got the same subscription expired email. I don't think the box will be great since they're giving away so many. They haven't updated or given any spoilers about the contents, maybe if they would've advertised something high value like a MorrocanOil masque I would've stayed subbed.

@EmilyMak I could see them going out of business, they have to put together an amazing summer box for super cheap. If they can't deliver an amazing summer box that will help them gain subscribers I don't think there will be a fall box.

@snowLeopard  Very true. Lets see.  I cannot wait to see how the summer box turns out.  

I got a subscription expired email as well and I'm supposed to be getting this box for half off. I emailed them a few days ago (whenever the email was sent) but haven't gotten a response yet.

Originally Posted by EmilyMak /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is interesting. Do you think its possible they are cancelling the whole service?  Let us know if you hear back from him..
No email response yet.... will give it a few days and keep an eye on Facebook.Not holding my breath! 

Latest posts

Back