Cravebox has gone out of business (MERGED)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just received this email:

We love you Cravers – You've been the BEST!

That's why we are so very sad to say that as of today, May 31st, Cravebox is no longer in business.

You’ve demonstrated your wonderful creativity and a terrific sense of community time and time again. Your blogs, videos, Facebook comments and reviews have meant so much to us.  It has been a privilege and a pleasure to have served you over the last 18 months.  Some of you have come to feel like friends.

If you have any questions about anything please feel free to email us at [email protected].

We will miss you!

Sincerely, 
The Cravebox Team

Kind of sad as my last two boxes were exactly what I wanted them to be. At least they did this instead of disappearing off the face of the earth with a bunch of outstanding orders still not gone out.

I just got an email from Cravebox that says they are out of business as of today! 
icon_eek.gif

Not surprsing, but sad. They should've stuck with the subscription plan rather than randomly switching to drawings etc. Just didn't work. 

Yup... just received that email and I just had a giveaway on my blog for an Instant Cravebox 
doh.gif
  Guess I'll have to figure out an alternate prize! 

They said they would be refunding Cravebucks, but since I won mine in a blog/vlog contest, I don't know how that will work.

I'm sad, I've really enjoyed the last few I ordered.  *Le sigh*

I just came here to see if anyone else had posted.... I had just entered a drawing and was excited for my box, I've loved them all....I wonder what happened.

I am very disappointed about this.  I was looking forward to their up coming boxes and my daughter really wanted the tween one.  I really liked all of the crave boxes I received.

Too bad, I actually loved last year's Summer Beauty Cravebox and this year's Cooking Light boxes.

It was fun while it lasted.

I was sad to get this email.  I really liked the Cooking Light boxes I got and found new things I liked through them. 
scared.gif

I was sad to get the e-mail. I loved getting the boxes. And I would give anything I could not use to my sister , so nothing was ever wasted.

I agree, I think changing their business from a sub to drawings was a mistake. I remember how much everyone loved the boxes while they were still focusing on doing a box a month instead of a ton of random ones! It's too bad they had to shut down instead of fixing things.

I wish I could say I couldn't believe it but they have changed their business model so many times since I first started receiving the boxes last year that it may have been inevitable.  

There was a time when I felt like every box was perfect for me.  I had a couple of months where I was chosen for every drawing I entered and then when a box that I really wanted came around I wasn't chosen.  I never really understood how they took their marketing information was taken into account when you took the pre-screeners because the box I didn't receive was the first book box where I actually fit well into every category.  Later on when they had the "dog lovers two" box I put down that I didn't have dogs, I didn't use dog food or calming products etc. just to see if I would get chosen no matter what I wrote and I was.  

I really scaled back after that and I only ordered two other boxes this year - the Zatarain's and the recent Girl's Night Out.  The Girl's Night Out box was by and far the best Cravebox I'd received since the original Cooking Light box that had the huge bottle of Torani syrup and the pound of Tully's coffee.  I felt like they had just gotten their act together again.  I wish they would've charged more for the "Instant Boxes" and told you what you were getting and less for the guaranteed subscriptions.  That would've made a lot more sense to me.  

Originally Posted by feemia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_sad.gif
  I was looking forward to the cat lovers box in June.
Awww, I haven't ordered one for a month or so, but I would've ordered that one. Very sad for Cravebox employees, but they cut their own throat by providing poor value over and over. I remember the greeting card voucher from Christmas time that made it a great box without even including the other goodies. But coupons just aren't very glamorous, and you have to remember to use them. Towards the end they weren't even including them.

Latest posts

Back