Fortune Cookie Soap Box : Summer Soap Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meaganola

Uh Huh Her
Reaction score
Since there seems to be renewed interest in this sub, here's a thread for it.  The Summer 2013 box ships Monday, and there's a spoiler photo on Instagram!  I can identify all but one product, and there are four scent names not blurred out but only two with the scent description visible.  The products with ** after them seem to be brand new products.  At least I don't recall seeing them before.

• Fortune Cookie Soap 
  • Sugar Scrub
  • Don't Be Jelly (jelly soap!) **
  • Sea Salt Hair Spritz **
  • Shower Steamer (yay, because I'm a shower-er, not a bather!) **
  • Whipped Cream
  • OCD Hand Sanitizer
  • and one more thing I can't quite make out that may or may not be a new product

The scent names (Body Shot, Mother Pucker, It's Five O'Clock Somewhere, and Aquaholic.  The first one apparently smells like Jell-o shots, and that last one is pina colada!) make me think this must be a summery cocktail-themed collection (especially since two of them are *definitely* boozy, which is fantastic for me but DANGER WILL ROBINSON for my bank account.
it would be amazing if this arrives Tuesday because that's going to be a nasty day at work, but I know that's not going to happen.  It seems like my previous two boxes arrived in Fridays, which was a great way to kick off the weekend, so maybe it will happen like that again this time!  I have a feeling that it might arrive on the same day as my Square Hue box.  That would be amazing, although I wouldn't know which one to break into first.

Was just about to subscribe but it looks like their Summer Box is all sold out! I guess I waited a day or two too long :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But, I'm excited to see all the goodies you get!

I'm so excited for this... can't stand it. Wish this was more frequent than quarterly... although I probably have plenty of stuff to tide me over. Your assumed theme sounds fabulous!

ahhhh i need to sign up for the next one they have! i've become a bath product addict.

Gah, I just realized that I forgot to put the link in the first post in here, and now I can't edit it!  The subscription page is here:  

http://www.fortunecookiesoap.com/pages/the-soap-box

At this point, if you sign up now, the Fall box ships September 2nd.  I'm not sure what the schedule is after that because they have Winter 2012 dates listed, not 2013.  I'm still bummed I missed the spring box because they had a patchouli/amber/vanilla shimmer stick!  I love patchouli.  But, hey, they still have that scent in a variety of things (NO SHOWER GEL, SHAMPOO, OR CONDITIONER, MEAGAN!), so I might have to pick some things up next weekend after I get paid.

LOVE FCS!! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I definitely wanna subscribe at some point... once I actually go through most of my current stash of bath products. XD Can't wait to see the contents and the reviews of everything in the box. I'm jealous of you guys who're actually getting this and I'm living vicariously through you all! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, I'm totally excited to see what you guys get too. IF I can resist buying any new bath stuff AND use up a lot of what I already have, then I'll buy their fall box.

I was so disappointed to miss their summer box. The only reason I even know about it is because of your ladies and I am really feeling glum for not making a move sooner. I can't wait to see what you get and to sign up for the Fall box!

I  have been getting the box for quite awhile and it is fun to try all the new products. You also get a 10.00 voucher to use on your next order. Shipping is a bit on the high side but I don't mind. They are a small business and I understand how hard that can be to keep costs  down.

I think they ship via USPS directly, not UPS M-I/FedEx SmartPost/etc. That makes a big difference to me. USPS standalone might be more expensive, but things get to me far more quickly than when companies use the third-party forwarding services

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think they ship via USPS directly, not UPS M-I/FedEx SmartPost/etc. That makes a big difference to me. USPS standalone might be more expensive, but things get to me far more quickly than when companies use the third-party forwarding services
Well, that is definitely a plus in their favor! It will be nice to get a sub at the beginning of the month.

Originally Posted by Schmootc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got myself a shipping notice. Yay! And it looks like direct USPS to me.
Yay! Me too!!

Photo up on Instagram! There's nothing really different from the official spoiler, though. The poster didn't add any descriptive info. I'm hoping mine is waiting for me when I get home, but my tracking info hasn't updated, which usually means it hasn't hit town yet.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Whyyyy haven't I tried this one yet? I am all over the fall box, for sure.
I heard about this somewhere around here on MUT and signed up just in time for the summer by sheer luck.  Of course I need another sub like a hole in my head, but this one looked interesting and different! From one enabler to another, be sure to sign up for the Fall one!

Latest posts

Back