Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
meaganola

Fortune Cookie Soap Box : Summer Soap Box

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

 

Ooh, no tracking activity on my box -- until it magically showed up as delivered today! I had been thinking about going to a movie after work, but now I'm headed directly home. And I get to leave in twenty minutes!

 

Yippee! Excited to hear what you think! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My box came as well. My Jelly Shot also melted. Read on Fortune Cookie's FB page that other people have received melted Jelly Shots as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm where do you live zadidoll? I hope mine didn't melt. It was rainy and in the 50's today *fingers crossed* I'm not familiar with their products. Is there a way to remedy it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, for those who want a box line-up, here it is!  Scent names in bold, descriptions from the card, my comments in parentheses:

 

 

  • One in a Melon Fortune Cookie Soap -- watermelon Jolly Rancher
  • I Scream You Scream Sugar Scrub -- creamy vanilla, sweet strawberries, & chocolate ganache
  • Body Shot Don't Be Jelly -- raspberry lemonade.  (Note:  This was slightly melty when I got it out of the mailbox, so it went directly into the fridge for a couple of hours while I made a grocery store run.  It worked beautifully, and I would actually recommend keeping this baby in the fridge in the summer in part because it will get gooshy if left out in the heat but mainly because it's nice to have cool stuff when it's hot out)
  • Aquaholic Sea Salt Hair Spritz -- pina colada
  • Mother Pucker Shower Steamer -- (no scent description, but I just used it, and to me, it's citrusy, like lemon-lime.)
  • What? It's Five O'Clock Somewhere! Whipped Cream -- fruity cocktails with the colorful umbrellas
  • Do You Salsa Or Mango? OCD Hand Sanitizer -- island mango & citrus lime with hints of chile and cilantro
  • …Where the Sun Don't Shine Solid Sunscreen Stick -- coconut-y banana

 

I've tried the sugar scrub (love the product, not big on the chocolate part of the scent, so I'll get this is a different scent.  It's great for shaving my legs!  The sugar melts down, leaving a nice slick for the razor to glide down), Don't Be Jelly (love the scent *and* the product!  Too bad I'm on a shower gel no-buy for, like, literally years), and Shower Steamer (it didn't thrill me, but I'm glad that they sent out a non-bathtub item).  Tomorrow, I'll try the rest.  The summer line apparently launches next Saturday, and they didn't send out preview boxes (so everyone is getting their boxes at approximately the same time whether they're subscribers or official reviewers), so box reviews will undoubtedly start going up this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got mine too and my jelly was melted too...I'm not too worried about it, though. I doubt I will keep it in the fridge since my shower is on the second floor. I can't wait to try some of these goodies out...I think I'm going to really like this sub!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

 

Okay, for those who want a box line-up, here it is!  Scent names in bold, descriptions from the card, my comments in parentheses:

 

 

  • One in a Melon Fortune Cookie Soap -- watermelon Jolly Rancher
  • I Scream You Scream Sugar Scrub -- creamy vanilla, sweet strawberries, & chocolate ganache
  • Body Shot Don't Be Jelly -- raspberry lemonade.  (Note:  This was slightly melty when I got it out of the mailbox, so it went directly into the fridge for a couple of hours while I made a grocery store run.  It worked beautifully, and I would actually recommend keeping this baby in the fridge in the summer in part because it will get gooshy if left out in the heat but mainly because it's nice to have cool stuff when it's hot out)
  • Aquaholic Sea Salt Hair Spritz -- pina colada
  • Mother Pucker Shower Steamer -- (no scent description, but I just used it, and to me, it's citrusy, like lemon-lime.)
  • What? It's Five O'Clock Somewhere! Whipped Cream -- fruity cocktails with the colorful umbrellas
  • Do You Salsa Or Mango? OCD Hand Sanitizer -- island mango & citrus lime with hints of chile and cilantro
  • …Where the Sun Don't Shine Solid Sunscreen Stick -- coconut-y banana

 

I've tried the sugar scrub (love the product, not big on the chocolate part of the scent, so I'll get this is a different scent.  It's great for shaving my legs!  The sugar melts down, leaving a nice slick for the razor to glide down), Don't Be Jelly (love the scent *and* the product!  Too bad I'm on a shower gel no-buy for, like, literally years), and Shower Steamer (it didn't thrill me, but I'm glad that they sent out a non-bathtub item).  Tomorrow, I'll try the rest.  The summer line apparently launches next Saturday, and they didn't send out preview boxes (so everyone is getting their boxes at approximately the same time whether they're subscribers or official reviewers), so box reviews will undoubtedly start going up this weekend.

 

700

My youngest pretending to eat the fortune cookie soap. LOL I have a feeling that is going to disappear and probably soon. LOL

 

The sugar scrub was... interesting. I'm not entirely sure if I like it or not due to the hint of chocolate. To me chocolate scent can come off as real or artificial (stinky) and I'm really on the fence with it.

 

My body shot was melted. :( Luckily it didn't spill so I sat it over the vent under my desk and allowed the ice cold air to solidify it again and it was fine.

 

Aquaholic - love it. It DOES smell like pina colada.

 

Mother Pucker smells like Sun laundry detergent. I use to buy Sun just for the smell. It's a citrus scent.

 

The whipped cream....smells like a certain bubble gum I use to chew as a kid. The one with a zebra on it and it has strips.

 

OCD hand sanitizer... my middle girl loved Dirty Hoe from the previous box (I need to buy her more) and likes this one as well.

 

Oops with the sunscreen stick... thought it was lip balm. LOL

 

The items will be up on their site on the 15th if I recall right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

 

 

The whipped cream....smells like a certain bubble gum I use to chew as a kid. The one with a zebra on it and it has strips.

 

Did you see the mini collection they released this week (maybe even just released today)?  Gum!  Big Red air freshener, bubblegum Don't Be Jelly, Doublemint shampoo bar, and... Fruit Stripe Fortune Cookie Soap!  Well, okay, they named it after the zebra on the pack, but my love of the Beastie Boys forces me to look for every opportunity to use "Fruit Stripe."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL Fruit Stripe! THAT'S the name! I'm always forgetting it but I remember the zebra on it. LOL Loved that gum as a kid. Yes, I'm eying that mini collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

 

LOL Fruit Stripe! THAT'S the name! I'm always forgetting it but I remember the zebra on it. LOL Loved that gum as a kid. Yes, I'm eying that mini collection.

Haha...that was my favorite gum! I was always so miffed because the flavor didn't last long enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omg i cant stop smelling everything!!!! Any advice on how to use the body shot jelly? The texture is completely new to me! I can't wait to try everything! Hubby is curious about the shower steamer. So am I! He says if its cool, he wants me to buy him some. I was kind of hoping for a bathtub item but that's okay! This is a super fun box! I'm definitely gonna stick around!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by AtomicBunny View Post

 

Omg i cant stop smelling everything!!!! Any advice on how to use the body shot jelly? The texture is completely new to me! I can't wait to try everything! Hubby is curious about the shower steamer. So am I! He says if its cool, he wants me to buy him some. I was kind of hoping for a bathtub item but that's okay! This is a super fun box! I'm definitely gonna stick around!

I'm really curious about the jelly (I didn't get the box but I am thinking I will be ordering the fall one, possibly some products before then...) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the jelly gets too melty, fridge it. If it's anything like the ones from Lush, it will be fine at room temp in cooler weather. I tried the sea salt spritz today. This is not a product for me because I like smooth, shiny hair, not beachy texture, but I'm digging the scent despite being a little queasy (sun + the slightest bit of heat + movie with some handheld camera work = not feeling so great). If they have this scent in other things, I might have to pick those other things up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

 

If the jelly gets too melty, fridge it. If it's anything like the ones from Lush, it will be fine at room temp in cooler weather.

 

I tried the sea salt spritz today. This is not a product for me because I like smooth, shiny hair, not beachy texture, but I'm digging the scent despite being a little queasy (sun + the slightest bit of heat + movie with some handheld camera work = not feeling so great). If they have this scent in other things, I might have to pick those other things up.

 

BUt how do you use it? Like body wash, on a sponge/poof? I've never used/seen jelly soap before, so it is a brand new thing to me. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by AtomicBunny View Post

 

Omg i cant stop smelling everything!!!! Any advice on how to use the body shot jelly? The texture is completely new to me! I can't wait to try everything! Hubby is curious about the shower steamer. So am I! He says if its cool, he wants me to buy him some. I was kind of hoping for a bathtub item but that's okay! This is a super fun box! I'm definitely gonna stick around!

 

'Fridge it first so it's really firm. I used the "Mother Pucker" Shower Steamer and the scent in the package reminds me of SUN laundry detergent but in the shower it smells like crushed lemon drops. I stepped on mine while in the shower so it didn't last long. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received my box today and immediately cancelled any further soap boxes. 

 

 

"One in a melon" Fortune cookie- cute, smells like candy, can't imagine actually using it though

Sugar scrub "I scream, you scream"-smells awful to me, bad combinations of fragrances

"Body Shot" Don't be Jelly-melted like everyone, in a cheap container

"Aquaholic" Sea Salt hair spritz-I have much better higher end products like this, I will never use it

"Mother Pucker" Shower Steamer-smells great, wrapper was ratty and torn across the back

"What? It's five o'clock somewhere!" whipped cream-smell pretty good, might not have picked it for myself, but it's ok

"Do you salso or mango?" OCD Hand sanitizer-smells really weird, another bad combination of scents

"Where the Sun don't shine" solid sunscreen stick- the size of a chapstick and only spf 15

 

 

 

I was super disappointed, these are like products for 12 year old girls.  I feel like I just flushed $19.95 down the toilet.

 

AppleMark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Mary322 View Post

 

I received my box today and immediately cancelled any further soap boxes. 

 

 

"One in a melon" Fortune cookie- cute, smells like candy, can't imagine actually using it though

Sugar scrub "I scream, you scream"-smells awful to me, bad combinations of fragrances

"Body Shot" Don't be Jelly-melted like everyone, in a cheap container

"Aquaholic" Sea Salt hair spritz-I have much better higher end products like this, I will never use it

"Mother Pucker" Shower Steamer-smells great, wrapper was ratty and torn across the back

"What? It's five o'clock somewhere!" whipped cream-smell pretty good, might not have picked it for myself, but it's ok

"Do you salso or mango?" OCD Hand sanitizer-smells really weird, another bad combination of scents

"Where the Sun don't shine" solid sunscreen stick- the size of a chapstick and only spf 15

 

 

 

I was super disappointed, these are like products for 12 year old girls.  I feel like I just flushed $19.95 down the toilet.

 

AppleMark

 

Aw :( I'm sorry you dislike it...I am actually sad I can't still get my hands on this box! Have you considered trading, or even selling? Maybe you wouldn't feel like you wasted as much, that way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if the hair spritz can be used on dry hair? My hair is naturally wavy/loosely curly but I flat iron it. I was thinking it might be a good option for 2nd or 3rd day hair...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by AtomicBunny View Post

 

Does anyone know if the hair spritz can be used on dry hair? My hair is naturally wavy/loosely curly but I flat iron it. I was thinking it might be a good option for 2nd or 3rd day hair...

I just spritzed mine with water before using the sea salt spray rather than freshly washing it.  It seemed to work exactly as it was supposed to.  I'm not sure I like it for me, but that's a whole separate issue, kind of like how I can recognize that banana pudding is a good option for dessert, but I hate bananas, so I won't have anything to do with banana pudding.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary322 View Post

 

I received my box today and immediately cancelled any further soap boxes. 

 

 

"One in a melon" Fortune cookie- cute, smells like candy, can't imagine actually using it though

Sugar scrub "I scream, you scream"-smells awful to me, bad combinations of fragrances

"Body Shot" Don't be Jelly-melted like everyone, in a cheap container

"Aquaholic" Sea Salt hair spritz-I have much better higher end products like this, I will never use it

"Mother Pucker" Shower Steamer-smells great, wrapper was ratty and torn across the back

"What? It's five o'clock somewhere!" whipped cream-smell pretty good, might not have picked it for myself, but it's ok

"Do you salso or mango?" OCD Hand sanitizer-smells really weird, another bad combination of scents

"Where the Sun don't shine" solid sunscreen stick- the size of a chapstick and only spf 15

 

 

 

I was super disappointed, these are like products for 12 year old girls.  I feel like I just flushed $19.95 down the toilet.

 

AppleMark

 

Aw :( I'm sorry you dislike it...I am actually sad I can't still get my hands on this box! Have you considered trading, or even selling? Maybe you wouldn't feel like you wasted as much, that way?

 

That's actually a good idea (trade or sell). I actually loved my box. I've used the shower steamer already (smells like lemon drops in the shower, in the packaging like SUN laundry detergent, which I like). I just used the hair spritz, smells so yum. I didn't care for the sugar scrub IN the container since it's overpowering and sickening sweet BUT in the shower using it the scent is really nice. My daughter has claimed the fortune cookie soap for herself, lol. Whipped Cream... loved. Have yet to use the sunblock other than on my lips when I thought it was a lip balm! LOL Oops. OCD my middle daughter wants to claim for her own. LOL Once this quarter's products are up I already know what I'm orderings - the shower steamer, hair spritz and more cookie soaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The scent from the hair spritz stayed in my hair after I showered and washed my hair!  I'm actually thinking about getting it if they make it in the same scent as the shower steamer.

 

(And I liked the container that the jelly was sent in because...  Jell-o shots.  That's what they're usually in, whether you make them for a party or buy them in a bar.  Yeah, forty-something over here buying Jell-o shots in dive bars.  Do I know how to do classy evenings or what?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Posts

    • Have you heard about the Beauty DNA test?  Isn't anything new to you? I discovered one of the beauty articles talking about Beauty DNA test. It said a  test could customise a skincare routine based on our Genetic ( sounds personal in my opinion )   I did   order a kit online.  ( many companies offer the test) ,and my package is on its way.   I will give you guys an update soon about how I do the test and what results I  get. Anyway, If some of you have tried the test yourself, please share with me. Thank You        
    • Hi. I really like to watch how the model girls are preparing for casting and how everything is arranged from the inside. Now I am also studying in more detail all the main points and you can also look at our website. Here are interesting details from the life of super models from the African continent.
    • It's too bad the serum didn't work out as well as you expected. Have you tried diluting it in your toner or moisturizer?
    • this 5 product most sell on amazon  LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream Moisturizer. COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch. Differin Gel.  Thayers Witch Hazel Toner Areno Daily Moisturizing Lotion.
    • I saw this DIY mascara on Pinterest and it made me wonder how many people actually DIY their makeup. Lip scrub, I've tried before and it was fine. How about you?

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×