New to Beauty Army.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any one new to Beauty Army or have got their 1st box?
smile.gif

I have picked out my samples and waiting for them to come.

I picked the following samples.

Nelson J Argan Oil 7 Non-Foaming Shampoo.

GG Gatsby Raise Volume Shampoo.

Yes To Super Rich Body Butter.

Lash Card 2 Mascara Shields.

Mark. Scanda- Lash Black Mascara.

Addiction NV Lip Gloss (Girl's Nite Out).

Anyone ever tried any of these?

Originally Posted by LoveMac957 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have picked out my samples and waiting for them to come.

I picked the following samples.

Nelson J Argan Oil 7 Non-Foaming Shampoo.

GG Gatsby Raise Volume Shampoo.

Yes To Super Rich Body Butter.

Lash Card 2 Mascara Shields.

Mark. Scanda- Lash Black Mascara.

Addiction NV Lip Gloss (Girl's Nite Out).

Anyone ever tried any of these?
I'm not new to the ARMY I've been a subbie for quite awhile! i will tell you i have tried:

Nelson J and i was kinda MEH

GG Gatsby Raise the Volume and I did like it really didn't see much volume but i have super fine hair

Yes to super rich body butter--LOVE!! I love all things yes to after trying a sample in my kit. this brand rocks!

Lash Card: waste of a sample but if you tend to get mascara all over your face then perfect for you

Mark Mascara: this is a branch of Avon and I do really like it. i only use it in the winter though because i live in upstate ny and when its humid my mascara MELTS!

Addiction NV: the ONLY thing i have not tried yet!! my selection opens tomorrow so i'm hoping its in there!!!

if you are on twitter follow nancy-lee and beauty army.

nancy-lee posts instagram pics all the time of products etc...plus deals and contests and if you ever have an issue she is right on top of customer service.

i'm on twitter to so give me a follow if you want . oh and if you start getting repeats i  your selection window contact CS or tweek your profile slightly. this can happen and people don't realize it can be fixed! hope you like the ARMY as much as i do. its my favorite out of all my subs!
rolleyes.gif

I'm not new, I've gotten 5 or so boxes, but I have tried a few of the things you've mentioned.

Nelson J Argan Oil 7 Non-Foaming Shampoo: Smells good and it made my hair super soft. The only thing was my hair didn't look clean after using it, so I ended up rewashing my hair pretty soon after using it.

GG Gatsby Raise Volume Shampoo: Good basic shampoo. I didn't see a big increase in volume, but at least my hair was clean and it smelled good.

Yes To Super Rich Body Butter: I love this stuff! It is so moisturizing! I bought the full size.

Lash Card 2 Mascara Shields: I use these for glittery and pigment eyeshadow fallout and they work well for that. I haven't actually used them for mascara.

Mark. Scanda- Lash Black Mascara: This isn't a bad mascara, but I prefer my Clinique one. It doesn't give enough lengthening look for me to love it, but it does make my lashes a bit fuller looking.

Addiction NV Lip Gloss (Girl's Nite Out): I haven't tried this yet, but when my selection window opened I ended up getting the Addiction NV gel liner, so I hope it's good! :)

Originally Posted by Jo Cres /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not new to the ARMY I've been a subbie for quite awhile! i will tell you i have tried:

Nelson J and i was kinda MEH

GG Gatsby Raise the Volume and I did like it really didn't see much volume but i have super fine hair

Yes to super rich body butter--LOVE!! I love all things yes to after trying a sample in my kit. this brand rocks!

Lash Card: waste of a sample but if you tend to get mascara all over your face then perfect for you

Mark Mascara: this is a branch of Avon and I do really like it. i only use it in the winter though because i live in upstate ny and when its humid my mascara MELTS!

Addiction NV: the ONLY thing i have not tried yet!! my selection opens tomorrow so i'm hoping its in there!!!

if you are on twitter follow nancy-lee and beauty army.

nancy-lee posts instagram pics all the time of products etc...plus deals and contests and if you ever have an issue she is right on top of customer service.

i'm on twitter to so give me a follow if you want . oh and if you start getting repeats i  your selection window contact CS or tweek your profile slightly. this can happen and people don't realize it can be fixed! hope you like the ARMY as much as i do. its my favorite out of all my subs!
rolleyes.gif

Ok thanks for all the info and I really appreciate it. I have one more question. How long did it take to get to your house? 

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not new, I've gotten 5 or so boxes, but I have tried a few of the things you've mentioned.

Nelson J Argan Oil 7 Non-Foaming Shampoo: Smells good and it made my hair super soft. The only thing was my hair didn't look clean after using it, so I ended up rewashing my hair pretty soon after using it.

GG Gatsby Raise Volume Shampoo: Good basic shampoo. I didn't see a big increase in volume, but at least my hair was clean and it smelled good.

Yes To Super Rich Body Butter: I love this stuff! It is so moisturizing! I bought the full size.

Lash Card 2 Mascara Shields: I use these for glittery and pigment eyeshadow fallout and they work well for that. I haven't actually used them for mascara.

Mark. Scanda- Lash Black Mascara: This isn't a bad mascara, but I prefer my Clinique one. It doesn't give enough lengthening look for me to love it, but it does make my lashes a bit fuller looking.

Addiction NV Lip Gloss (Girl's Nite Out): I haven't tried this yet, but when my selection window opened I ended up getting the Addiction NV gel liner, so I hope it's good! :)
Thanks so  much for telling me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I really appreciate it.

It usually takes about a week once you get your email that your box has shipped to actually get it. Let us know how you lie it

It usually takes about a week once you get your email that your box has shipped to actually get it. Let us know how you like it

Originally Posted by Jo Cres /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It usually takes about a week once you get your email that your box has shipped to actually get it. Let us know how you like it
Ok Thanks so much and I will.

I just signed up too! (like I need another sub like I need a hole in the head though, ha!!)  but I liked the idea picking your own samples, and being able to skip a month.

I got:

Nelson J Argan Oil 7 Non-Foaming Shampoo (I'll probably just swap this later, but didn't see any other samples I wanted)

Addiction NV Lip Gloss (Girl's Nite Out)

Cotz face for nature skin tone (SPF 40)

Nailuv gel polish (berry sweetie)

mini kittour 100 ml travel bottle

Colorsmash hair shadow (gold rush)

I didn't realize you could keep playing around with the profile, to get different sample selections- I would have keep trying to get a purple color hairchalk, but gold could be fun too. 

Wheee! Another thing to look forward to in the mail! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back