*HG* CONCEALER?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So i just ordered the bobbi brown corrector in light peach, i swatched it at sephora and it was  super creamy and smooth. im super excited to try it

also have Amazing concealer. i love it but it seems to have a glow for some reason. i want more of a matte texture.

other concealers i recommend are the rimmel wake me up concealer, hard candy, benefit erase paste, ...

when i was scoping sephora.com i came across OCC concealer, and i was sold on the packaging and reviews and then it was sold out, i really want to try this.

anyways onto my question:

If you can only stick to one concealer for the rest of your life which would you pick? why? I wanna know what the holy grail of holy grail concealer is.

go!

ps. I guess we should mention skin types as well. my skin is dry. i guess i dont think i have found my hg concealer. ive tried some good ones but nothing i keep repurchasing. i remember when i first started wearing makeup i used rimmel blemish concealer and looooooved that one. maybe i should give it another swirl, ok im blabbling now haha

I've never really loved a concealer but I need one :L so I just use collection 2000 lasting perfection. My skin is dry and I've never found one that didn't highlight that. But lasting perfection is cheap and the only one I've ever found that even covers my blemishes at all

This thread has been done before, but it's good to have a refresher... My HG concealer is Eve Pearl's Salmon concealer line. Why: it's based on colour theory and the consistency is easy to work with.

I love the Maybelline Fit Me concelear. I'll admit it's the only one I tried, but I do really love it especially for dark under eye circles. It covers so well!

Tarte Maracuja creaseless concealer. I have dry skin and am starting to get fine lines around my eyes and the best way I can describe it is that it doesn't dry so it never settles in any creases. Plus you need barely the tiniest bit for tons of coverage so it lasts forever and ever.

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tarte Maracuja creaseless concealer. I have dry skin and am starting to get fine lines around my eyes and the best way I can describe it is that it doesn't dry so it never settles in any creases. Plus you need barely the tiniest bit for tons of coverage so it lasts forever and ever.
Have to agree! I have combo skin, that gets oily throughout the day. I use this concealer under my eyes & it's amazing!

My HG for blemishes (right now) is Hard Candy's Glamoflauge in light/medium (medium is way too yellow, beware). Before I discovered that one, I was using Physician's Formula Conceal Rx, which has incredible pigment/coverage, but the only two shades they offer are SUPER light, unfortunately. If you are very fair skinned, I would definitely give it a try!

Originally Posted by LovelyLush /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have to agree! I have combo skin, that gets oily throughout the day. I use this concealer under my eyes & it's amazing!

My HG for blemishes (right now) is Hard Candy's Glamoflauge in light/medium (medium is way too yellow, beware). Before I discovered that one, I was using Physician's Formula Conceal Rx, which has incredible pigment/coverage, but the only two shades they offer are SUPER light, unfortunately. If you are very fair skinned, I would definitely give it a try!
comparing the two are they alike? 

Originally Posted by smashinbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

comparing the two are they alike? 
Almost identical... I think maybe PF's is a little thicker (HC's is a bit runny sometimes), which is nice since I'm using it to cover blemishes. I wouldn't put either of them under my eyes. 

same here I tried using it under my eyes but it creased like crazy.. still working with it to cover acne scars and blemishes. Just gotta get the right consistency to get it to last all day long :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have combination skin with dry patches and my current favorite would have to be the SHISEIDO Natural finish concealer! I have tried numerous concealers/correctors in the past few months,namely mac studio finish concealer,nars creamy concealer,mac prolongwear,sonia kashuk hidden agenda palette,garnier dark circle corrector,rimmel perfect match concealer,bobbi brown corrector in bisque,ysl touche eclat and bodyshop lightening pen. I recently discovered the shiseido natural finish concealer through sephora beautytalk and so far im loving it! At $25 it was worth the money spent.i can use it to brighten my eyes and for covering blemishes.it doesnt look cakey,its longlasting, water resistant and smudge proof! Im 28 and very picky with my concealers as i am prone to hormonal acne so i had to have something that dont require retouching and something i could use for both my blemishes and undereye circles.. For me its the best one ive tried for concealers! I am a mac nc25 and their shade 2 was perfect for me.this is something i would repurchase but at 10ml i guess this one's gonna last me forever!

Back