BeautyBlender: alternative versions?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I can't get myself to spend $20 on a pink foam teardrop! Does anyone know of any good knockoff versions?

There are many knock offs on the market but if you don't want to shell out the cash regular sponges work as well. These come in triangular wedges, round shapes and other shapes.

Originally Posted by skin care /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If I want to purchase makeup kit how much cost it will take??
Depends on what you want in your kit.

I know the last time I was at TJ Maxx they had a bunch of different kinds and I believe the most expensive one was like $8 :)

I have only used beauty blender knockoffs and.haven't been too impressed but so many people seem to love it! Is the real beauty blender much different than the cheap knockoffs?

Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have only used beauty blender knockoffs and.haven't been too impressed but so many people seem to love it! Is the real beauty blender much different than the cheap knockoffs?
I don't find it to be that much different, besides the shape. Alot of the ones at TJ maxx seem to be a strange shape. I do really like mine though because it makes foundation alot easier to apply!

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't find it to be that much different, besides the shape. Alot of the ones at TJ maxx seem to be a strange shape. I do really like mine though because it makes foundation alot easier to apply!

Actually dupes to the Beautyblender are very different in terms of texture. Every single dupe I have is more dense while the Beautyblender is very airy and light. To me Beautyblenders are like memory foam while the others are a more rigid and dense foam. If I can find my scale I'll weigh each one I have because I'm convinced that all the others will weigh more.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually dupes to the Beautyblender are very different in terms of texture. Every single dupe I have is more dense while the Beautyblender is very airy and light. To me Beautyblenders are like memory foam while the others are a more rigid and dense foam. If I can find my scale I'll weigh each one I have because I'm convinced that all the others will weigh more.
I don't know I have a real beauty blender and a knockoff from Tj Maxx and they feel the same to me and they work about the same.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree...I picked up a dupe at TJ Maxx for 4.99 and it was no where near as good as my real beauty blenders.

Try the ones from Qosmedix.com!  I just got a beauty blender and the ulta knockoff to compare side by side with the qosmedix one (which is the first one I ever tried) and I found that I still liked it much better!  (the one from ulta is crap)  The beauty blender is definitely lighter and airier, but I still like the density of the qosmedix version.  i found that i used much less product with that one b/c of the density, but it has an ultra smooth surface texture to it, whereas the ulta one was denser yet had a more porous surface.

I had bought one off eBay, and the Cosmopolitan sponge. Finally I bought the original and was stunned by the difference in texture, weight and increase in size on water-logging. And the makeup finish, of course. Have dumped all my brushes since. But if I had to pick a decent blender dupe, I'd go for the Cosmo one rather than the ebay ones. I use the former regularly when I'm too lazy to clean the original!

Occasionally you can find beauty blenders on ebay for like 10 bucks. I got two this way several months apart.

I didn't like the Ulta version, the one I got at Walgreens (SOHO maybe)....but love the real BeautyBlender!!  But they can keep the $20 "authentic" wash for the sponge, hello baby shampoo :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just bought the beauty blender today from Sephora... I thought the price was crazy, but it looks like I made a good decision. Haven't used it yet, but I'm excited to :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've used a few cheap dupes and hated all of them. I had some points saved and decided to splurge on the real thing before completely dismissing the beauty blender. Omg what a difference! I now understand why people love beauty blenders.. you just got to buy the real thing :)

I have never tried the Beauty Blender - it's something that I want to try, but just can't bring myself to buy...$20-25 for a sponge just seems crazy to me.  I have seen similar sponges on amazon for around $5.  Reviews seem to be hit or miss with some either loving or hating the fake sponges.  Thank you heartsandwhimsy, I have some BB points just burning a hole in my pocket, I might have to go that route.

Latest posts

Back