All Natural Face Wash

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been trying to use more natural prodcuts lately, anyone have any good natural face wash suggestions?

I use Dr Bronners liquid castile soap. It's concentrated so I dilute it with water and put it in a foaming dispenser.

I just looked it up it looks great thanks for the suggestion! I'm gonna have to go get some, I saw a little goes a long way so a bottle will last a long time!

We buy a huge 4L jug and dispense it into smaller containers. In our house it's also used as a handsoap, bodywash, shampoo, dishsoap and all purpose cleaner.

I just bought a 2oz bottle of the almond one to try it out. Good to know it can be used as an all purpose cleaner too! I like Method products as well

If you have access to a Trader Joes, they sell a face wash that is castille soap with added tea tree and essential oils for a little more oomph than straight up castille soap. I use Dr. Bronner's bar soaps for hand washing, but I don't love them for face washing.

A few months ago, I got a foaming sugar scrub sample from Sugared Beauty in one of my sub boxes. I recently went through it and it was pretty amazing and gentle enough for daily use. Sadly I can't order more right now, as the woman who makes the stuff is taking time off to have a baby, but I am keeping an eye out for something with similar ingredients.

Handmade bar soaps can also be nice for face washing, plus a bar of soap will run $3-$5 and will last a long time.

If you have access to a Trader Joes, they sell a face wash that is castille soap with added tea tree and essential oils for a little more oomph than straight up castille soap. I use Dr. Bronner's bar soaps for hand washing, but I don't love them for face washing. A few months ago, I got a foaming sugar scrub sample from Sugared Beauty in one of my sub boxes. I recently went through it and it was pretty amazing and gentle enough for daily use. Sadly I can't order more right now, as the woman who makes the stuff is taking time off to have a baby, but I am keeping an eye out for something with similar ingredients. Handmade bar soaps can also be nice for face washing, plus a bar of soap will run $3-$5 and will last a long time.
I love trader joes! I use their face moisturizing lotion, thanks for the suggestions

i think you should mention here your skin type,what kind of skin you have oily skin,sensitive skin,dry skin,dull, tired, or devitalized skin,if you mention that here will be a good suggestion for you,

You should try oil cleansers as they are indeed best at removing grime deeply.  They also moisturise the skin as you cleanse making the skin feel really supple, soft and smooth. Many tend to by pass oil cleansers but they are the time honoured facial skincare trick of all time!  Those who switch to Oil Cleansers most often don't go back to regular cleansers.  I use oil cleanser myself and I just don't know why I didn't start earlier.  Oil cleansers works for all skin types and are most definitely 100% natural unlike other cleansers that claim to be natural. Oils really do nourish your skin. Go for ones that use more natural oils than mineral oils or paraffin liquidum and also without emulsifiers. And always use one for your skin type.  If you want dewy soft skin and a natural glow to your skin, then oil cleansers are your best shot because they do deliver 
icon_smile.gif

I just joined in this forum sites. This is great and wonderful site . I have use Everyouth  scrub . 

Update: I used Dr. Bronners for the first time this morning and I love it! My face feels so light and clean if that makes any sense. I will see how oily my face gets throughout the day to see if it helps with that. I didn't find the castille too liquidy for me either.

Right now I use rice bran oil to remove my make-up, gently wiping it off with a warm/hot washcloth. Then I wash my face with a DIY cleanser I found on Pinterest that is super simple: 1 tablespoon Castille soap, 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil, and 5 tablespoons of aloe vera (I use juice, but the recipe originally said to use gel). I tried using the castille soap on its own once and it was just too harsh for my skin even though I mixed it with some water first, it actually burned a bit if I remember right and I have the Baby Mild kind. I must not have diluted it enough, but I like the DIY cleanser so it worked out.

"Right now I use rice bran oil to remove my make-up, gently wiping it off with a warm/hot washcloth. Then I wash my face with a DIY cleanser I found on Pinterest that is super simple: 1 tablespoon Castille soap, 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil, and 5 tablespoons of aloe vera (I use juice, but the recipe originally said to use gel). I tried using the castille soap on its own once and it was just too harsh for my skin even though I mixed it with some water first, it actually burned a bit if I remember right and I have the Baby Mild kind. I must not have diluted it enough, but I like the DIY cleanser so it worked out."

MissJessicaMary:

Thank you for posting this. I just joined the forum today because I read this post and made your cleanser. I wanted to say thank you because I love it!  Just added a teeny bit more oil for my dry skin. I just had to join to thank you for this great DIY recipe.

I like the DIY cleanser
honey and olive oil facial cleansers
Materials: 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon honey
Skin: neutral skin, oily skin, dry skin, all skin types

I would love to try your recipe, but I am deathly allergic to honey.  I don't know of anything I could substitute that would have benefits as honey would.

Latest posts

Back