Dark Circles Under Eyes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
Dark circles under the eye is a common sight. It could be the result of ill health, loss of sleep or tension of some kind. Though it requires care and nourishment in the long run it can be covered with foundation for short term purposes. Use the lightest shade foundation in your compact, and wedged sponge or cotton swab. If you are already using the lightest shade in your compact for your facial foundation, you may need to purchase and use the next lighter foundation compact. (For example, if you're using the lightest of the two medium shades for your face, you should purchase the "light" foundation compact and use the darker of its two shades for your circles, which is 1/2 shade lighter than the lightest of the two medium shades).

darkcircles02.jpg
- Using wedged sponge or cotton swab, place lighter colour under the eye in the dark circle.

- Blend with your foundation sponge.

- If more coverage is desired, repeat process with adding more light colour in circle with brush and blending with sponge.

darkcircles01.jpg
-

Lightly powder to set. Remember you should only go one-half to one shade lighter than the under eye dark area.

Many women use too light a shade in trying to reduce dark circles. This results in a "Raccoon eye effect," which only makes the dark circles look worse. Apply face foundation.

Thank you for posting this. i haven't tried to cover the dark circles, but am thinking about doing it in a near future. I just wonder if it is better to use concealor or foundation to hide the dark circle? What happens if the foundation is sheer?

Usually concealer is lighter than skintone and it usually gives better coverage than foundation and is moisturizing.I wouldn't reccomend using oil free or really matte fundations under eyes. I always wear concealer,but I also have really huge problems with dark circles.

welcome to MUT! if you have severe dark circles (like me), i'd recommend using concealer. foundation doesn't cut it for dark circles and found it seeped into my lines.

thanks for posting! i think it's beneficial for people who have dark circles that aren't that bad! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Great thread, sweets!

OT: Does anyone else think Kelly Ripa has the "racoon eye effect" thing going on? I :heart: her, though!

Great article! I need concealer and foundation for my dark circles-sometimes they are really bad!

I have severely dark undereye circles, and it's a wretched sight first thing in the morning. I've been told to only use foundation instead of concealer because it can make the circles worse (this is also coming from someone who has told me numerous other beauty tips that have been debunked by professionals ~ she's an MK rep).

ANYWAY, I generally apply my concealer and then use foundation instead of using only one or the other. It's made a difference, although I still have to deal with puffy eyes/bags that are apparently here to stay since they're genetic... Joy!!!

This is such a great article! I'm going to pass this one on to a couple of my friends who really could use some help with their dark circles. Thank you so much!

Latest posts

Back